Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i mentioned loggan trotting at pancho's heels when she came off the ammonite, and then... completely forgot about her. soooo imma say she went exploring. she could show up anywhere. :D

2. jacktrash

ok, bel is going to be a spilled scrabble set probably until he's less dehydrated and maybe a bit more of the black stuff has cleared out of his system. erskin may see his eyes half open a few times, and he will definitely spit up little blorps of black goop occasionally.

• Like x 2
  3. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

haha, gross. yeah he needs hauling off for long-term naps.

• Like x 1
  4. jacktrash

i am not sure how long bel slept before he became left-justified with punctuation, i leave that to your whim.

• Like x 6
  5. roach

it could be cute if after hair brushing bel's slept enough to interact a bit? maybe be coaxed to chew on some ice or something. 'drink some stuff and barf it plus more spores back up' could be the next stage for a lot of these poor dudes.

• Like x 1
  6. roach

also man, i bet compared to the atmosphere of an on-planet military unit and the attached medical guys, erskin's ship must seem about as grim— and regimented— as a dog park on saturday.

• Like x 5
  7. jacktrash

pffff did he really forget bel's first name, or is he being a brat?

• Like x 1
  8. roach

He knows that Galley calls him Bel but has not heard his first name spoken since like, the first night, and as far as he knows the nickname is actually 'Belle', because, hey, the dude's pretty.

His best guess would be that Kadros's first name is 'Commander'.

• Like x 9
  9. jacktrash

oh erskin :3

• Like x 1
  10. roach

I'm still chewing on the idea of Lainey and Pancho hitting it off dislike-ways. Lainey and Pancho are both powerhouse supporters of their respective doofs, but Pancho's a sergeant and Lainey's the power behind the throne.

Lainey's unabashedly self-indulgent and self-interested, out to secure pleasure and safety for herself and then her boys. And by now she's pretty good at getting people dead when they get in the way of that. A lot of how Erskin presents is due to her own social modeling: chirpy, friendly, pushy, kind of slutty, and with a calculating intelligence tucked far below the surface. Though they're also both at heart pretty happy, optimistic, good-natured kids. She's less Terezi's sort of dragon and more Kim Kardashian's.

I don't particularly know Pancho, since you mostly play her with Aud, but it seems possible to me that Lainey is exactly the sort of dangerously slack, selfish bulgeweal that shouldn't be a Lieutenant(-Commander) and yet always seems to fuckin manage it.

Of course, Lainey, Arguus, and Erskin as a team form pretty damn good leadership for the Sunslammer, especially with Galley and Bel in the mix. Erskin's a bleeding heart softie with the attention span of a slice of cheese, and Arguus would jump off a cliff if yelled at to do so. They'd be lost without someone to possessively boss them— and Lainey needs to be surrounded by kids with much kinder natures or she'd slide into being like Rita Skeeter and Dolores Umbridge's firebreathing hellchild.

ANYWAY. THOUGHTS.

• Like x 4
  11. jacktrash

hm, i think unless lainey goes to the rita skeeter side, pancho will probably like her all right. things pancho likes in an officer: a willingness to let sergeants get on with business. things pancho dislikes in an officer: obstructive meddling. the rest, as long as it doesn't screw bel over, it won't bother her much.

she does really dislike phonies, so lainey's fronting might make pancho distrust her, but only until she sees how it all fits together.

pancho is more likely to hit it off pitch with whitey's main minion jay, who is a strutting, gum-cracking, shit-talking, narcissistic thug. but i don't want to write yet another relationship that's all my own characters, wweh.

• Like x 5
  12. roach

That makes sense! And yeah Lainey just not a bad dude, especially by troll standards. Sal is a bad dude, and I'm glad he got stuffed in a fridge. I hope Pancho kicks his ass. Those two should definitely not blackmack, because I do not want to write about Sal's bits.

BTW he is, genuinely, a sadist. He's in medicine because he likes being around pain and suffering, and he really likes having power over sick and injured people, but he's smart enough to be good enough at his job that he gets to keep doing it. But enough crews have passed him over for more competent medics— that don't dick them around about anesthetic—that he's on the Sunslammer. Here, he's the most experienced and educated guy by a long shot, and that anyone ever expected to procure for the place before Pancho showed up, so he's been worth dealing with.

I think as a point of pride Sal doesn't slow or interfere with anyone's recovery, and Erskin definitely keeps a close eye on him when it comes to treating his crew. But Erskin himself kind of expects to be in pain most of the time, and isn't so great at advocating for himself, so he probably keeps Sal entertained.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    • Like x 4
  13. roach

What do you think about Murfey getting dragged in soon? He'd be lower-priority because he's not loose and roving, but high-ish priority because blue and pulling himself to bits.

• Like x 3
  14. jacktrash

yes, let's bring in murf! bel can bully him encouragingly.

i am kind of running out of steam, though. today was the first day that i was well enough to go trundle around outside, and i kind of pushed it. i might go to bed early, or just watch nature documentaries and play with string.

bel and erskin are SO CUTE right now tho. :3

• Like x 2
  15. roach

yes, by no means should you drag bel back to full coherence right away. he's fuckin adorable like this. also the idea of the post-infected guys all flopping around in dazed, cuddly piles is pretty cute to me.

• Like x 4
  16. jacktrash

please envision murfey crying for his matesprit like an embarrassingly overwrought adolescent, then later denying any such thing occurred.

• Like x 6
  17. jacktrash

ok i watched a documentary about weirdcool natural phenomena, and now i am le tired, and i am going to go curl up around my cat like a bear around a much smaller bear, and play tappy games until i fall asleep. gnight!

• Like x 5
  18. roach

Erskin has been running on desperate fumes for way too long now, and now pancho's saved the day and everything's gonna be alright he can melt down. Whether he wants to or not.

Also it probably feels really unfair that everyone's 'okay' and he's still dealing with his own injury bullshit.

19. jacktrash

if he flips out on bel, bel will straight-arm him off the cot, then look kind of baffled by the whole occurrence.

• Like x 1
  20. roach

Maybe erskin could sulk off and meet whitey? Or maybe bel could go on a ramble with him. Or both! Who knows.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice