Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

hmmmbfgh i think erskin would be difficult and fussy about going bipedal, and only do so under direct coercion of 'ok no hamburgers for you then'. so maybe we can do that? i want erskin to go be human too but i don't think he wants to, so.

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

ok, works for me!

3. roach

werewolf erskin's human bits probably still look a little uncanny? maybe a little too wired and sharp. aside from that: medium-smallish young adult, heavily tanned, pretty Mediterranean looking, fit in a really lean way.

enough scars around the mouth, cheeks, ears, and arms to look like he got in a bad car crash, or some kind of industrial accident. probably his coloration doesn't help, either, they'd be pale against his tan, and also, in america, you just don't see people wandering around looking like they lost thirty knife fights in a row, though bel would be a lot more used to seeing damaged people due to military service and a stint at the hospital.

also I think he's missing a pinkie finger on one hand right down to the last knuckle, and the pinkie and little finger on the other are badly crooked and stiff.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like x 3
  4. jacktrash

is he long-haired and bearded from not grooming for so long, or does he go to the same grooming state as when he last humanned, or --? i will have bel react more properly once i know and also once he's not distracted by boxers hanging out of jeans fly.

5. roach

Let's say hollywood scruffy? Bristly stubble, wild, wavy hair, but not hippy or even hipsterish.

• Like x 1
  6. jacktrash

poor bel, he's doomed again. he's always doomed when he meets this guy. :D

• Like x 3
  7. roach

Right, also, still got that what-ho BBC accent. Maybe he was born werewolf from his mom's side, has happy memories of a pack dashing about on his dad's estate, but somewhere around 11-13 werewolf hunters got them and the lands were reposessed by the nonwolfy english side of the asperas (possibly they called in the hit! Who knows!)

Anyway erskin booked it after that, since the alternative was (dying at) boarding school.

• Like x 3
  8. jacktrash

9. roach

DRAMA.

Alternately his whole family pack's still doing great on his dad's estate, and he's just gone off to see the world!

10. jacktrash

is reggie the family's butler?

• Like x 4
  11. roach

Probably the estate manager.

12. roach

I think erskin's referring to how human status bullshit and propensity for violent conflict can combine badly with a wolfish joy in killing prey and turn out really, really fucked up man-hunter werewolves. Id imagine his family drilled stern rules into him from the start, hence his abhorrence for sport hunting.

13. jacktrash

it'd be interesting if he had another go at explaining that to bel!

14. roach

would bel take it badly? has he been sport hunting with his dad? i think hearing 'don't murder innocent animals for fun, you bloody sicko' is not something that would be fun to hear from.... a wolf.

15. jacktrash

he'd be taken aback, but he'd want to talk it through.

16. jacktrash

and yeah, hunting and fishing has been a big part of his life, although he did eat what he killed almost all the time. what he'd be taken aback by would be erskin's emotional investment in the position, rather than the position itself.

17. roach

i think it's not so much that erskin's got a bleeding heart for every fluffy bunny out there, he just considers 'seeing living animals as toys' to be the start of the end for a werewolf. like it's one thing for a wolf not to care about that kind of thing. and it's a pretty serious problem that so many humans don't care about that kind of thing. but when werewolves think like that, too, it's the start of the descent into being the kind of monsters that sets them against everyone and everyone against them. what if the werewolf that took a stab at bel just saw the millitary bearing and deadly confidence and jumped to the wrong conclusion? i'd imagine a certain number of werewolves try to weed out the psychos and sadists and serial killers from their ranks.

erskin might have the particularly strident, wide-eyed conviction of a fundie homeschool kid. but hey, he's a born-werewolf, they probably come off as weird-ass hippies to a lot of turned-werewolves, while a lot of turned-werewolves come off as impatient, cruel, and self-centered to born-werewolves.

BTW CHECK ME OUT DOING ALL THIS WORLDBUILDING, IT'S A DISEASE, SAVE YOURSELF

• Like x 5
  18. jacktrash

you know, if he explained that to bel, i think bel would probably not disagree!

how did erskin know bel wasn't that kind of psycho, before they talked? or was he testing him? maybe i should save those questions for in character. :D

• Like x 3
  19. roach

that kind of psycho probably wouldn't have sat in a park eating a sandwich the way bel was sitting in the park! yknow, like, trying to enjoy it, maybe a little twitchy from his recent military background, not superiorly viewing all the kids and joggers as potential chew-toys. probably smiling at people playing with each other and with dogs in an 'aww how nice' way?

i would imagine that psycho werewolves sit in parks like creepy douchebags, and think the wide and weirded-out berth the humans give them is the mindless fear of sheep towards wolves.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like x 7
  20. jacktrash

heh, i think you're right. bel was probably a little spaced-out, enjoying the colorful trees and thinking about where to hike next. not very serial killer.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice