Boat Trolls planning thread! (full of spoilers, non-players enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by jacktrash, Jun 14, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

btw erskin hasn't tried to get through to the next continent via fuckin siberia before because red wolves absolutely are not built for that kind of winter, even with long fur. but he's confident enough in himself this time that he thinks he can make it, especially if he piles a big parka on top of his fluffiest, most well-fed wolf form. he's going to have to cross some amount of distance via ship, but his goal's to make it with as little ship as possible.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like x 2
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

he's gonna diiiiiiiie

except not because he'll probably get sidetracked/distracted by bel :D

3. roach

heyo, i doublechecked wikipedia. i was wrong, it does not necessitate boats. people have gotten from alaska to siberia on foot and on dogsled before, enough of the bering strait freezes over that this is possible. the most recent crossing seems to be:

In February 2012, Korean team led by Hong Sung-Taek crossed the straits on foot in six days. They started from Chukotka Peninsula, the east coast of Russia on February 23 and arrived in Wales, the western coastal town in Alaska on February 29.[11]
    anyway it's about 50-60 miles, depending on route, and a healthy wolf can make that in a day or two, no problem. erskin's plan isn't as crazy as it sounds!

• Like x 1
  4. roach

haha what if bel and erskin both went over the bering strait with a one-dog dogsled to tow extra supplies? it'd be a lot easier to get into harness and coats with an extra set of teeth around. imagine bel trying to explain this to pancho.

'you're going to cross the bering strait with your new boyfriend'
    'yes'
    'on dogsled'
    'yes'
    'and he's the dog'
    'well, i'll be the dog half the time...'

• Like x 10
  5. jacktrash

huh! he could almost convince bel to try it with him, if not for the thing where bel would be deadly bored within a week if he didn't have reading material, music, or a job to do.

• Like x 2
  6. jacktrash

now THAT, i like!

7. jacktrash

two-dog sled, hauling supplies. no one around to see there's nobody driving, right?

• Like x 1
  8. roach

haha what if bel brings a lot of audiobooks and a plug-in speaker and a little solar charger, and has the sled set up to read his books to him as he trots along

• Like x 5
  9. jacktrash

oh my god yes that's so perfect

• Like x 5
  10. jacktrash

welp, every time i think they might not have much conflict after all, there they go! i guess it's part of what i love about them. u_u

• Like x 3
  11. Erskin Aspera

Erskin Aspera flintlockGallivant

haha, PETA. bel did you really expect thoughtful, academic discourse from a very young man who's spent most of his life as a big dog

• Like x 1
  12. jacktrash

yes. yes he did.

• Like x 3
  13. roach

for all erskin's dramatic I AM A WILD THING, NO MAN CAN BIND MY HEART TO A MUNDANE HUMAN EXISTENCE proclamations, he's definitely gotten a lot more coordinated and coherent over the duration of the meal.

that being said probably some creepy daddy-dom jerk did attempt to domesticate him when he was like 16 and he was like 'lol nah' and hopped a fence and then wrote a million dramatic monologues in his head about how persecuted he is and how no one can understand his True Soul, because He Is As The Wind.

• Like x 6
  14. jacktrash

what if bel thinks that's adorable

because bel thinks that's adorable

• Like x 4
  15. roach

bel: you can sleep over if you want
    erskin: you mean sleep with you, right
    bel: uh well
    bel: uhhhhhh
    bel: *sweats nervously*

• Like x 5
  16. roach

btw how old are they? i got the impression they were older than the regular game but younger than the Space Navy AU. erskin's breaking about twenty and bel's in his mids...?

17. jacktrash

hm, how long do you suppose it takes to become a scary special forces guy and then get messed up by it? apparently they like one year of college before you apply, so say he started training at 20, he could be around 24-25 now?

18. roach

25-26 seems reasonable to me. the age gap doesn't have to be exactly the same in every universe, and erskin's age would be kind of hard to estimate anyway, here. he probably doesn't know, and he's scuffed enough to not look like regular college kids, anyway.

• Like x 1
  19. roach

also wah, i'm really sleepy! i'm gonna have to duck out in a turn or two. i'm finally back at home but i'm SO tired from constant traveling, oh my god. calfornia was nice but my new destination is: my bed, forever.

• Like x 1
  20. jacktrash

i should sleep too! but oh no they're just SO cute.

we can gloss the shopping trip or play through it, your call. they should definitely end up with bacon wrapped hot dogs at some point tho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice