Boat Trolls

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by jacktrash, May 25, 2015.

1. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Why are they so cute, this is such a cute blackrom.
    So so cute.
    *forces self to not start imagining own fantrolls somewhere on the Sunslammer*
    *fails*

• Like x 4
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

please imagine your own fantrolls on the sunslammer, it is the party boat now :D

• Like x 4
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

..In that case, how DOES erskins confiscating mistreated helmsmen work? Was twitch a special case?
    (Ofelia is a helmstroll who´s been through a lot of BS, erskins ship and way of doing things would actually be about the best thing that could happen to her.)
    Also anyone needs a helmstech who likes to bend rules till they squeak to make her charges as happy and comfortable as possible?

4. jacktrash

roach would have to answer for erskin's methods, but i bet whitey's ship wouldn't be terrible for ofelia. his ship is so fast because he has multiple helmsmen working short shifts; he takes 'problem' helmsmen off other captains' hands for this method, thus saving them from being batteried, although that's not necessarily his intention. he's not concerned with their wellbeing, but he also doesn't care much about putting them in their place or pushing them around, because he's secure in his sense of superiority to basically the entire universe. so as long as they do their sprints on schedule, he doesn't care what they get up to the rest of the time.

this kind of benign neglect could be pretty good stuff for a helmsman coming from a situation where they got pushed around a lot. they get lots of rest, decent maintenance, and a couple-three other helmsmen to chat with.

• Like x 5
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Seems fitting yes. She sure is a problem helmsman. As far as anyone can tell she is fueled entirely by spite. (If anyone´s wondering, she´s what I´d imagine Shakespeares Ophelia might be like if she´d crawled back out of that stream instead of drowning.)

Was a perfectly normal helmsgirl, (With an abusive ass of a captain) till her ship lost contact during a battle. Was later found floating around a planet and shot down due o lack of communication. Ofelia was found clawing her way out of the wreckage with her arm, leg and half her jaw replaced by scrap metal.

• Like x 2
  6. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I'm pretty sure Iridie Arazir would end up on the Sunslammer, on the basis that she's nearly cullable for blood color, but not quite, and also pretty competent/has Lophii/has memorized most of the related culling laws. Though I really have no idea what she'd do, other than bash people's heads when they're being dumb.

7. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

@Anomal(eee) you need to READ THE GODS-DAMNED SPACE NAVY AU so you can geek out with me about what it would be like if our clade-tangle of trolls evacuated to the Sunslammer!

(so many problems solved. so many new problems caused. it would be delightful.)

• Like x 2
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ofelia started out like her Shakespearean inspiration, meek and obedient. She´s pure green. She believed the propaganda and volunteered herself for helmsman intake on ascension day. That went about as well as you might expect.
    She claims not to remember anything between her ships disappearance and it´s being shot down. If she does, no one´s been able to get it out of her.
    Post crash Ofelia is either cynical and abrasive or standoffish and monosylabic. Only slightly friendlier towards other helmstrolls. Whitey would get "Beep Boop, I´m a robot!" mode.
    I recon the military would have planed to hack off her remaining limbs, but Whitey may have sprung for cheap prostetics she can move by psi for efficency?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    • Like x 1
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

well I mean I got a aquatic royal violet chick (sweet water river troll lmao) who would drag her decadently long hair across the halls and try to make everyone coffee a lot and a psionic who likes blowing shit up with bombs and her psi-sparks and may occassionally experiment with illegal substances from household objects. So... who knows how terrible that would be for the sunslammer :P

10. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*ponders*

one half of my pair of violet-bloods would definitely be a fellow ship captain - of the foppish, easily-bribed variety who mostly delegates their ship duties down the line and spends his day doing shit-all. the other half probably still works on Alternia in the breeding departments.

my little clade, however - a deep olive, a low burgundy, and a jade-waxing-teal - may have followed in the jade's ancestor's footsteps and hijacked a ship to be space pirates, generally sabotaging Imperial interests and smuggling mutant/psionic wigglers. the bureaucrat violet is the jade's kismesis and is thoroughly blackmailed into keeping quiet. if they ended up on the Sunslammer, I would assume this might mean they made a narrow escape but lost their ship - or else they come in for repairs and are informed that there's no fucking way this thing's flying again. at which point they'd probably integrate into the community.

...this means i need a helmsman fantroll...

11. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Sunslammer party! XD
    I feel like Citlal would not end up there, if only because she is an ambitious violent who wants to prove herself and be a model of seadweller excellence. Considering that Erskin is higher violet than her, and that he already is the Captain, she wouldn't play well. So she's not getting there (she would be so annoying, or possibly murderous).
    Kamika, however, has always had a penchant for running into trouble. She's curious and somewhat reckless, having a hard time remembering why anyone would, say, forbid a certain area of research or consider some discoveries unacceptable. It wouldn't surprise me if she rediscovered some sort of thing about the troll gene pool that had been purposefully removed and hidden from general knowledge/troll knowledge as a whole, along the lines of "So technically like half of trollkind are mutants our parameters for mutant are dumb and useless", or "it looks like every third seadweller hatched would have a spontaneous mutation that leaves them dead, this is why there are so few of them" or "hey, so the lifespan thing is like purposefully genetic engineered to make lowbloods live less". I am not sure what exactly, but she's the type to easily forget social mores in the enthusiasm of her research.
    Having a seadweller in your diamond is probably very helpful since Citlal would FLIP and basically go enthusiastically murderous to get at anybody who dared look sideways at Kamika, and Citlal has made herself too useful and smart to just let something dumb like her midblood diamond get in the way when she will die naturally anyways so...
    Research destroyed, a handy excuse given, send Kamika over to the Slammer for her secondary skills of ecosystem knowledge and GMOs custom made for a purpose.
    I would expect Citlal would make a point of visiting every so often and sending nice presents, especially if Kamika complains about the ship being understocked.

• Like x 3
  12. jacktrash

btw, i should point out that we're not looking for more players. i hope i didn't come across like i was opening apps or something. i was just sort of inviting folks to play with the concept.

• Like x 5
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

No worries, I´ve got as many RPs as I can fit in right now. (If for some reason you need a mention of a grumpy helmstroll, you´re welcome to assume Ofelias presence on Whiteys ship though)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    • Like x 2
  14. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

no worries @jacktrash! I'm pretty sure any invitation to join the boat trolls would be Very Obvious in its officialness. it's fun to mess around with AUs is all. :D

• Like x 3
  15. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*has visions of Pancho being very disappointed in Bel's attempt at a cake*

16. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Jaja yeah, this is just imagining for fun >u<

17. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

Erskin<3< Bel: the cutest blackrom. I do not have fan trolls but I do have troll ocs from fanfic. I am not sure how Agneta would end up serving on the Sunslammer though. She's a rust forensic medium and interrogates dead trolls. :\ There's a few others, but they were mostly the forensic team for Terezi in the fanfic where they appeared.

• Like x 5
  18. jacktrash

naw, she'd be proud of him for trying. she gets frustrated with his tendency to avoid things he doesn't excel at.

• Like x 8
  19. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

These dorks are too cute oh my god Bel you sap

• Like x 2
  20. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

Oh my god. Bel is so fucking adorable. So is Galley in his spiny way but omg. BEL

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice