Boat Trolls

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by jacktrash, May 25, 2015.

1. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@jacktrash excellent point!

@OtherCat - oh my gosh your rust troll sounds incredible. what fertile story ground!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  2. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Oooh talk disease/pathogen onset medical horror to me baby *heart eyes*

3. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

I don't think I can handle the sad "take care of my moirail if I don't make it/terminate my suffering if it gets too bad" talk. Noooo. *virtual hugs for the infected cinnamon roll.*

• Like x 4
  4. Aviari

@jacktrash @Vast Derp @rainbowbarnacle @roach

Odd question. Would it be alright if I borrowed K'Thun the Fear Eater as a patron deity for the upcoming Time Pirates Open Tabletop game? It's just for one specific baddie.

The name/shape/species just has such a compelling ring to it :D

• Like x 2
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i think it sounds awesome!

• Like x 1
  6. Aviari

Heh. Y'know that Lawful Evil Priestess I mentioned?

"Oh please, no! NO!"
    K'THUN WILL BE FED
    "I'm afraid I really must insist."
    "I have--please, I'll do anything! I have a family!"

K'THUN WILL BE FED
    "And I assure you, they will be quite adequately compensated. Into the pit you go!"
    *screaming*

• Like x 2
  7. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Noooo

nooooooooooooooooo

i'm cry

oh poor Bel and Galley and Erskin

such feels

(on the other hand, Murfey & Bel are the effing best. Eye in the ceiling. Long-distance push up contests. So good.)

• Like x 3
  8. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

ehehehehe go for it :D

• Like x 1
  9. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

The "if I sploded this ship" conversation between Bel and Galley was super creepy to me. I think it's because I knew that Bel was slowly losing it and I got the feeling Zero-Sum hit Galley in something deeper than "uh oh plague ship". Galley suddenly in all sincerity talking about mass murdering everyone was... well, not out of character, but it was sudden (aww Galley/Bel... where'd the aww go?), so my brain went "is that Bel's paranoia? Is Bel hearing things that are not really there and unable to differentiate? Is that Galley succumbing to some sort of infection? D:"

(what it was, was probably me reading with a tired brain)

In Ledili's case it would depend on whether she'd be assigned to a helm or to medics: she's yellowblood and her telekinesis isn't exactly trivial, but she's way better at healing. Medic Ledili would seem to be the stereotypical anime-eyed healer who heals anything and everything twice and doesn't seem to have realized exhausting her psi and herself until she either faints or has to lie down is not optimal (she has, it's mostly "I failed once and will never again" type of trauma that she hasn't processed yet). Helmswoman Ledili is kinda upsetty, since she'd be the type of helmswoman who breaks pretty fast and thorougly. I am not sure how much of her would be left to rehabilitate.

• Like x 2
  10. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Oooooh man club-blocked. Goddamn, Bel.

11. OtherCat

Goddamn. Erskin ripped a troll's throat out the first day he was on board the ship. How the heck did someone so completely feral survive intake or whatever you want to call it when he ascended? Pobre Erskin.

• Like x 5
  12. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

The guys who were in charge of intake or whatever that day had really great senses of humor. Or really shitty senses of humor? They were trolls, they thought it'd be fucking hilarious, after he bit a tester they didn't like on the third go-round they used it as an example of his manifest martial capabilities and therefore significant potential a warlord. Then they settled back and watched with delight as he proceeded to bite so many more people, probably culminating with sending some stuffy old admiral in full rout back to his shuttle. After that he was prodded on to the Sunslammer with long sticks, where, awesomely, he did not actually die.

It was a really great week for those guys at that station.

• Like x 12
  13. jacktrash

and of course he wasn't meant to survive the captain-killer. but here he is. :D

• Like x 4
  14. OtherCat

Oooh. And now the paranoias about the things in the wall come out. Poor Bel!

• Like x 2
  15. Aviari

Waiiiit a minute. Bel, a Marine Captain, has gone bonkers and is "basically Captain America right now, but insane" and is frequently described as built like Troll Captain America.

Murphy, a Sergeant, is very similar in body type and has a prosthetic arm.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Am I late to the game? Did everyone notice the CA/WS parallel already? IS BEL'S WHOLE CREW THE TROLL HOWLING COMMANDOS?!?!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    • Like x 9
  16. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Holy shit lainey. Sudden fervent crush. <3<3<3

• Like x 4
  17. Aviari

It's okay, it's not like I needed that heart anyway.

*gross sobbing*

• Like x 7
  18. jacktrash

weeeeeelllll murf's matesprit onamie is a superspy/assassin/dancer, so... :D

• Like x 10
  19. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Does she have a spidery lusus?

20. jacktrash

naw, a crow. she's tengu-themed, and murfey is chinese-dragon-themed. i didn't just copy avengers, that'd be boring. rather, avengers got mixed in with some characters from a tabletop game i've been playing with @seebs and @littlepinkbeast and then trollified. so murfey's arm is lacquered bright imperial red with a gold dragon inlaid on it, and onamie is a hip-hop dancer rather than a ballerina and enjoys explosives more than garottes.

• Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice