Boat Trolls

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by jacktrash, May 25, 2015.

1. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

yes this is also my reaction

2. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

you say D: but i say :D

i guess that's a discussion for the kinks thread though

• Like x 1
  3. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

There is a shameful, shameful part of me that wants BT fic hundreds of sweeps in the future, with incredibly depressed Erskin seeking solace from super wise Lu.

this thought brought to you by my brain tangenting off @roach's latest post in the planning thread.

• Like x 3
  4. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

PSA: Don't think about hemocaste lifespan differences in Boat Trolls, it will make you sad.

• Like x 7
  5. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

i honestly don't think i can comprehend what a sentient creature's brain would be like after literally thousands of years. i'm not even into my thirties yet! and then there's the fact that trolls are somehow cognitively set up for that, to live for that long and yet not slow down into turtles or trees, that's literally an alien psychology. i'd have to do a lot of sitting around and pondering and research before i ventured to play an ancient erskin.

that being said, erskin coming across galley's descendant and then running off to creaky old bastard bel like 'HEY REMEMBER THAT GUY WHEN WE WERE KIDS' would be cute as hell

god the size difference would be hilarious though like some fresh-faced nervy 11-sweeps goldblooded gemini and then like... bel after a thousand sweeps of reptilian growth. holy shit.

[​IMG]

• Like x 8
  6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i think they gotta stop growing after a while, the condesce was only about twice the height of the kids. although i like the fanon that it differs a lot by individual and hemotype.

• Like x 1
  7. roach

yeah, from what i can tell there's a sharp drop-off with seadweller sizes, while male highbloods seem to level out at 'fucknormous'. we have such a frustratingly small sample size! dualscar and the condesce don't seem that much bigger than mindfang? though if the condesce is about twice the height of an average sixteen-year-old girl, that makes her something like ten feet tall, which, uh, i'm pretty into that.

also ok i just went and found the image of mindfang and darkleer and there's actually much less disparity than i remembered there being.

[​IMG]

i mean, he's big, but it looks like a reasonably human size disparity, actually, maybe the difference between a female gymnast and a male body builder. i must have just gotten used to the fanon where male highbloods end up the size of literal tanks.

this is about the size difference i'd expect bel and erskin to end up with, actually. erskin head-and-shoulders shorter and maybe a third as wide, but not like... a hamster. lainey standing next to bel probably looks like this tho on the sunslammer

[​IMG] only lainey would never be fit and toned like that, lainey pays other people to do the heavy lifting. she is all marshmallow. a marshmallow that can also melt steel.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    • Like x 8
  8. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

...where did I leave that notebook with the sketch of Galley on his deathbed with a still-fairly-young Bel holding his hand and an adult Pinkie Buglet hovering awkwardly in background.

• Like x 2
  9. jacktrash

pls find and post it, my heart has not been broken yet today

• Like x 4
  10. Meagen Image

It is super sketchy, did not get as far as "clothing" or "scars" or even "horns".

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  11. jacktrash

awww sad bel! but galley looks very pleased with his life's accomplishments.

12. Meagen Image

The tentative title was "Victory."

• Like x 4
  13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I would very much like for Fully Grown Terrifying Mountainous Blueblood Belatu Kadros, Commander of Her Imperious Condescension's Fleet of Even More Terrifying Recon-with-a-side-of-Murder Squids Squads to have, in his office, next to the rack of sniper rifles, a Lisa Frank-style cross-stitch adorned with glittery mewbeasts which reads "itty bitty tiny adorable most precious murder tank".

...I'm not thinking about the pattern already, no sir.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • Like x 12
  14. jacktrash

[​IMG]

• Like x 8
  15. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

ho fuck, seared steak in peppercorn sauce with crab dripping in melted butter, some sauteed mushrooms and asparagus and a side of garlic mashed potato.

@roach @jacktrash you're making me hungry and I have precisely two of those things in my fridge, and they're not the protein ones... D:

• Like x 2
  16. jacktrash

sadly, jethro is not as good a cook as pancho, so he will not be whipping up super gourmet noms. but he can fry a steak and steam a crab!

• Like x 2
  17. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@roach

are you sure Heinsz is not

28.5 sweeps

8D

• Like x 4
  18. roach

Lol ok i just bet she is >>:D

• Like x 2
  19. blue

blue hightown funk you up

it's an in-joke

• Like x 3
  20. roach

IT'S NOT A *GOOD* INJOKE, MIND YOU.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice