Boat Trolls

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by jacktrash, May 25, 2015.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

You guys all know that I'm flaky AF depending on spoons and ADHD and the position of the moon

But

Would anyone else be remotely interested in maybe someday making Boat Trolls: The Audioplay a thing?

• Like x 7
  2. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

Also: Teen Bel, you precious button. Everyone is going to be feeling very "Aw bless, make sure the little shit knows when he's off shift," by the end of the week, I think.

• Like x 7
  3. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

I am mildly interested? But I am also kind of flaky, my last experience with narrating for radio is years in the past (many) and I probably have a noticeable accent, which may be distracting to people.

• Like x 1
  4. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Dude I have hella accent and I think it's a plus

I mean I could do an Erskin voice or a Cloris one depending on whether people wanted like 'posh twit' or 'posh british movie villain' XDD

5. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

I could do Pancho maybe? I adore Bel dearly, but am too high-pitched for him and usually too self-consciously serious for Lu.

I recorded a bit from the beginning of Space Navy AU, to demonstrate my various audio skills (or more probably, my lack of them), here. I'm never too sure what my accent is doing (since, y'know, it's my neutral), but I'm Estonian, so it's probably at least slightly unusual.

• Like x 2
  6. Belatu Kadros

Belatu Kadros crossfireHurricane

i'm entirely unreliable and also it might be weird for y'all to have one of the writers of the thing chipping in, but if you can't find another baritone, i can do bel's dialogue. he'd probably have a west coast us accent if we're doing accents, also, which comes pretty naturally to me, even tho i'm midwestern myself.

• Like x 4
  7. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

I'm hopefully going on t soon so who knows what my voice will be doing, but I will cheer with great enthusiasm from the sidelines :)

8. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I'd love to be involved. I definitely sound like a lady, and my mother accent is mid-Canadian (v close to Midwest American), but I could easily do a handful of British accents and a non-descript Eastern European (low-voiced vaguely feminine Whitey?? XD) - I'm also trained in how to approach learning accents, so there's that.

• Like x 2
  9. Belatu Kadros

mid-canadian would be perfect for pancho

• Like x 2
  10. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

SCREAMING

• Like x 5
  11. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

It seems the dimensional hijinks have relatively-small!Bel slightly detached from spacetime, since he just answered a question before it was asked. :-P

• Like x 3
  12. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

Aaaa I might be able to, try and help? My voice sounds...very feminine, or so I've been told? "kind of like Feferi" is a comment I've gotten sO. DUNNO IF THAT'S ANY USE.
    I can make lusus squeaky sounds maybe--jKJK

• Like x 1
  13. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I am also flakey bc what are spoons, but I'd like to help?
    I think my voice is mid-range for a cis girl? like I think it's a little deep, but on recordings it always seems high, so idk
    I've got a News Anchor American accent, due to living all over the place. Though if I listen to other people enough, sometimes I pick up their accents. Happens the fastest with a southern accent.

• Like x 2
  14. keltka

@Re Allyssa SAME HAT
    It's funny because I can pick up the local pidgin-english dialect that way, but apparently I also pick up southern drawls and the Occasional bostonian style one???

• Like x 1
  15. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

If you want someone with a weird accent that isn't from anywhere in particular but recognizably foreign for a contralto female, I'm your gal

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Like x 1
  16. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

I'm a baritone! Any Bel I tried would probably be more Atlantic than Pacific, but I could do it. (Though like a lot of people around here, I'm often low-spoons-y.) Or, I usually talk toward the top of my range anyway, I might try Galley... though I have no idea what Galley Prime's speech impediment is supposed to sound like.

• Like x 1
  17. Belatu Kadros

i think raspy, due to damaged vocal cords.

• Like x 2
  18. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

uh so i've been noodling out a chunk of captain aspera's My Fair Lady backstory with lainey while ive been traveling around without internet. does anyone want to see, and if so, where do i post it...?

• Like x 8
  19. keltka

yes please

I'm terrible at thread-spot-suggesting but what if a separate thread in the main rp spot tagged for "hey this is space navy boat trolls"? or under spoilers like y'all did with lu and twitch at first?

• Like x 1
  20. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice