Boat Trolls

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by jacktrash, May 25, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

ok i posted it. it feels so self indulgent to just write about my oc without it being in an RP! but i do love writing lainey. that lady knows how to seize the fuckin day.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    • Like x 6
  2. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

i just realized that lainey kind of got to live out a troll-chobits fantasy with erskin in this AU. like. delicate little superpowered waif turns up and needs to be gently taught how to be a person? check. does not wear enough clothes? check. is gorgeous once cleaned up? check. adores you for being a minimally decent person? SUPER check.

luckily for erskin he can have all the sex he wants (and he's a young man, so, he wants a lot) without resetting what the fuck was up with chobits anyway, fuck that manga.

but still. lainey had a very exciting couple of perigees for awhile.

• Like x 10
  3. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

Only tangentially related but this:
    The aftermath of Erskin's very severe reaction to Whitey makes me want to write a Davekat where Dave is an albino and well, Karkat imprints/goes "dad!" on poor Dave. Because I am strange.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  4. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

*grabby hands* YES DO IT GIMME

• Agree x 4
  5. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

hey so i just found a Really Good song for original verse Galley (i'm bingeing my way through a reread at the moment and heard this on the radio and was all oooooOO)

• Winner x 4
  6. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

still on my reread, noticed A Funny. not sure if the reference was intentional or not but...

"Jethro... steals... haaaaaaaandssssss......"

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  7. OtherCat

I finished re-reading the Space Navy AU and I started a re-read of Where Woofs. I'm up to the part where they visit Bel's Dad.

Erskin and Bel are so cute. :D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Agree x 5
  8. OtherCat

Oh my god: WhereWoof! Erskin chewing up the kitchen chair and then feeling so guilty about it he has to hide under the shrubs, where he fully intends to stay until he dies of starvation. Because he is The Worst Guest. Pobrecito~

• Agree x 4
  9. OtherCat

I still can't read through the "Lord Aconite" bits of Where Woofs without horrific levels of second hand embarrassment. (Combined with a strong desire to kick Himself in the nads.)

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

So, coming back to the Boat Trolls audioplay idea - could I get a call of people who'd be interested in making it happen?

For example; I live in GMT time and am home a fair amount, even if my spoons aren't always great. I could do some translating to script, editing (I have much more XP with visual media there but I can at learn cut together a convo from different takes.) Also, I could def be either Eskine, Cloris, or Whitey, because I have a British accent and can pull off 'posh twit' fairly well.

Anyone else with relevant skills? Even if they're same as mentioned?

11. kmoss

kmoss whoops

that sounds hilarious
    this is maybe poor timing for me, as I am coming down with a cold, but I would love to get more practice in voice things

(though if my voice doesn't fit for anything, that is also ok)

12. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I have a pretty feminine voice on the phone, I'd probably have to do a sample? I imagine Pancho's voice to be similar to mine when I hear it through my skull (slightly deep for female), but Idk if that will match up.

I'm EST (GMT +5), but I work nights, so I'm up in the wee hours usually.

.... I will probably also need pronunciation guides because what my brain comes up with when it isn't sure is a dyslexic mess 90% of the time. (Middle syllables, what middle syllables? Wait damnit I swapped those syllables again? Etc)

13. PotteryWalrus

@kmoss - there's no timing just yet, bruh, you're fine. I'm just sort of - feeling things out to see who would be interested in helping me work on this? (I'm waiting on a new headset mic, anyway, so I won't be able to do anything of any kind of quality beforehand)

(Also if we're gonna start from the start with Boat Trolls alpha timeline or the Space Navy AU or even Where Woofs? The middle one would probs work best for me, since it's not terribly long just yet and I get to potientally VA from the start)

Does anyone else have any kind of experience with sound design and editing? Should we do this like full-out audio-play with background noises and stuff? (In which case more hands on deck and all that) or like an audiobook with narrator + as full a cast voices as we wind up with?

Anyways, paging @Silvereye, @Belatu Kadros, @Kaylotta, @TheSeer, @theprettiestboy, @keltka - basically everyone who made noises they'd be interested when I first made noises about it some perigees months back. Remember that even if you're not confident with/don't wanna voice-act, there's a tons of stuff else that could be done if you wanna help!

(I do NOT want to be the sole editor, for one - I know I can reach burnout faster than the Sunslammer crash if I try to take on all the behind-the-scenes stuff alone - and there's also things like background noise, sound effects, and pitch layering and all kinds of stuff. Even stuff like figuring where to upload and file render and stuff. Again, I have XP with video but not so much with audio on this, so any music nerds with soundcloud/bandcamp pages or anything similar would be MASSIVELY helpful.)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  14. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

my leaning would be towards the space navy AU? more options for people to jump in/join in, and...realtalk I haven't been able to get through the whole of the boat trolls alpha timeline yet

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

I'm still interested.

Disclaimers: I have basically no sound editing experience at all (I've used Audacity to cut out extra space from audio clips, that's about it), have probably-obvious Estonian accent (I uploaded a sample way back when we first discussed it, but vocaroo has eaten it, sadly) and at the moment have pretty limited spoons (I'd likely burn out in an editorial role). I, er, know a bit about building websites, but I've never done a music-centric one, so I don't know how useful that knowledge is.

• Like x 1
  16. PotteryWalrus

@Silvereye - then you and I have about the same XP on sound design and editing, lol. At the moment I'm just scraping together skills and willingness in general, but anything you can offer would be fab :D

17. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

I may not have the time/spoons to spare, if either or both of the RPGs I signed up for get going. It still sounds like a cool project, but right now I can't promise I'm available.

• Like x 1
  18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@PotteryWalrus I am definitely still interested! I don't have sound editing experience beyond cut and paste in Audacity, and a little bit of messing with effects. The old ep of Welcome to Kintsugi I made was pretty barebones in terms of editing, haha.

19. PotteryWalrus

Oooh, that will definitely help! I had started to mentally give up on this idea because I didn't want to be doing all the behind-the-scenes stuff, but you've given me new hope <3

20. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

[​IMG]

I'm so excited.

And of course, the first thing I have to say is Erskin no!

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice