Boat Trolls

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by jacktrash, May 25, 2015.

1. Belatu Kadros

Belatu Kadros crossfireHurricane

re: audio play, i don't have much executive function, especially in the depth of winter, but you're gonna need a baritone for bel and i can voice act reasonably well, so if someone wants to handhold me through the process i'm game. :D

• Agree x 1
  2. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

All The Boat Troll Cameos in Various Fics (Plus One I Haven't Done Yet But Might)

contra legem: I mention Sunslammer Down, and Lu takes a painted background from the theater supplies of Dave and John’s military schoolfeeding academy.

two for mirth: Karkat’s most recent romance novel is essentially about Belatu’s Ancestor. We can assume that somewhere a ship captain! Erskin Aspera has slammed that weighty tome on the desk of his best beloathed first mate’s desk. “Kadros! Your Ancestor was a complete ninnyhammer!” he shouts. Whether or not Bel’s Ancestor was or was not portrayed as a ninnyhammer in the book will become a point of delightful contention.

bones and salt:
    This is actually a Chrono Crusade fan fic but the Boat Trolls are the protectors of a small post apocalyptic farming community. Erskin is a member of the Magdalen Order (para military order exorcists) Bel and Pancho are “Pursuers” (demons tasked with hunting down a group of demons known as “Sinners”) Sigmah is a high ranked defector who is definitely using demon technology in his medical practice, Jethro is not quite human anymore and his boyfriend. Lu is a very messed up demon who had been originally summoned to act as a kind of “puppet master” to make Galley (a young autistic man) seem “normal.”

(Galley’s parents were sorcerers and are now very dead because the binding spells broke.) Galley and Lu are still traumatized but recovering.

Possible future boat troll cameo:
    I am v. tempted to have Bel be one of the “Sagittarius” units that are going to be doing a military intervention in Safety Dance, my Endangered fanfic of fanfic. In this case, Bel would be one of the very very newest models just before the war ended. He was just barely off on his first assignment before the stand down and return to base order came in. “I shot a human in the same moment the Emperor took over and gave the stand down. Due to change over aim was less than optimal. Human still alive. Please advise course of action.” (Course of action is a quick medical download, a med evac and Bel awkwardly trying to reassure hysterical fighty human.)

/hapless boattroll fan

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
  3. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

AAAAAAA IT LIVES <3 <3 <3 <3

• Agree x 3
  4. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

none of my friends understand but AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

• Agree x 1
  5. OtherCat

Poor Erskin, nobody feels bad about Cloris being killed, except him.

• Like x 4
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Hey, sorry for the accidentially witnessed, a cat happened on my keyboard

• Witnessed x 5
  7. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Just bobbing into say that I found the links to the lost chapters on Roach's blog and I would love nothing more than to tidy them up and put the posts all the right colour as I read them, if I could get editing rights?

8. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

hey, has anyone come up with a good way to read the archive on a tablet? the text is T I N Y

• Witnessed x 1
  9. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

RE: tablet reading: I've discovered zoom with text wrap works on either Opera or Firefox + FennecWrap addon :D

• Agree x 1
  10. Ihasa

Ihasa Active Member

I... think? I have finally managed to catch up on all boat trolls content.
    Also I don't think I posted my Bel fanart here. Still working on Galley
    belatusmol.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
  11. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I had to very carefully talk around the fact that I was thinking of a werewolf AU of an AU of a ridiculous comic about children playing card games in recovery group the other day.

We have "questions of the day" in some of the groups and the question was "If you could shift into one animal for a year and then shift back with all of your memories, what would you pick?" and I was like "i've read way too much fantasy to think this is a good idea." "oh yeah? which ones?" "uh.... [deflects like a motherfucker]"

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  12. Ihasa

Ihasa Active Member

Hahaha
    Yeah. I'm an Animorphs fan. A year? A real animal? The real world? That's some body/brain horror bull.

• Agree x 3
  13. Ihasa

Ihasa Active Member

Now, a fantasy creature. (dragon) that you could shift to/from at whim. (or at least be able to talk to people and open doors and whatever) In a world where that's considered cool or weird but not weird enough to get you shot or experimented on? That I'd sign up for for sure.
    Might suck hard losing the form after a year tho. New and exciting dysphoria to add on top of existing.

• Agree x 4
  14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Hello! I am trying to find a specific thing-AU planning of an AU I don't think got used-but if it is on Jesse's blog it appears to be untagged, and while I know how to find it in the event that Roach's blog suddenly reappears that's not very helpful.

Anyway.

Temeraire AU, greyling!Erskin, I found the beginning of the discussion but was looking for a later bit where people were discussing the mechanics of putting a singular cannon on a Greyling.

ETA: http://jumpingjacktrash.tumblr.com/post/143768493934/roachpatrol-jumpingjacktrash here's the bit I managed to find, Tumblr's search function is consistently returning "nothing found" on Jesse's blog even if it's a word in one of the newest page of posts

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  15. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i think that might be all there is of it. we were just chattering, we never actually planned it out.

16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

17. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

"bel: fly closer, i want to hit them with my personality" ldkjfhsdlkfghj i had entirely forgotten that

• Winner x 2
  18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i honestly just remembered "cannon on small dragon. roachpatrol posted something involving a cannon, on a boat troll small dragon, it was temeraire" and...i have spent so much time tracking it down

19. OtherCat

Oooo. O_O I did not see that particular au!

20. OtherCat

Also, does anyone know if the last bit of the Human AU has a chapter on Google? I have the first two chapters.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice