Bod Mod

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Missfortunate, Feb 26, 2015.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

OHAI PEOPLES

I'm diabetic so I can't get colour tatts - something that makes me sad because I want more colours in my life - but I like words a lot so!

My first tattoo was to celebrate the fact that my asshole dad was finally evicted from our premises and reads 'be cunning and full of tricks and you shall never be destroyed'
    tattoo cunning.jpg

And my more recent one I only got a few months back because YOLO reads "All the wrong in all the world begins with 'Us' and 'Them'." Something that I try to live by and need reminding of sometimes XD

IMG_1344.JPG

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    • Like x 6
  2. kmoss

kmoss whoops

i did not know that diabetes means no-color! do you know why?

Achievement!: New Information Gained

• Like x 1
  3. PotteryWalrus

I don't know the full details of it but apparently black ink is a different base from all the other shades - other pigments can really fuck with my blood sugar, or so I've been warned XD

• Like x 2
  4. shuu

shuu possibly several hundred bees

That's interesting! I hope this doesn't come across as argumentative because that's the last thing I mean. I'm diabetic and have a couple color tattoos (mostly because i never heard this information) and I was under the impression that the reason why we're usually warned against tattoos/piercings is because if we do get an infection it becomes super difficult to treat and because of blood sugar we can get sepsis really easily.

Your tattoos are really cool though!

• Like x 1
  5. PotteryWalrus

Huh, if that's the case I may have to research further! And no, don't worry you're not sounding argumentive at all, its just I think that's what my doctor told me...

6. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

oh cool a thread for this
    parks myself here
    I have....lip piercing, two sets of ear piercings, and one tattoo at present
    I have a goal to get some more piercings at a later point, not totally sure what yet though I have some ideas of what I want, and I. have a folder of tattoos similar to ones that I want.
    I will be colorful, dammit

• Like x 1
  7. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

....I also have to confess I've always been sort of interested in a barcode tattoo, but....
    okay, so, as I understand it, the function of a barcode is that it's a machine-readable representation of data, and the data describes something about the object the barcode's on. so like, if I was going to get a barcode tattoo, I would want it to carry some kind of data about me--nothing super personal or anything, but....something. problem being, I have no idea how to put data into barcode format. so. yeah.

8. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to necro this thread but I'm looking for advice. I'm getting a tattoo on Saturday, and I'd like to get it on my back. Trouble is, I'm fat, and I don't want it to lie weird on my lumpiness (sorry for the gross imagery). I'd rather it not be a tramp stamp if at all possible. Does anyone know if this can be done without it looking off because uneven skin?

9. ZeroEsper

Got the tattoo! Dear god it hurt horribly. I didn't know if I could withstand it. But!! I did.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  10. Greywing

Greywing Resident dead bird

I have snakebites, 8 ear piercings (mostly done myself), and a small tattoo of 3 hexagons on my left ribs (also done myself). I want to do more tattoos, but I'm not sure where/what at this point. I'd also really like to do more tattoos on other people, but I very much understand that not everyone is okay with the idea of stick-and-poke tattoos.

• Like x 1
  11. ZeroEsper

Zero is an idiot digression: apparently part of the reason that it hurt so bad was that it wascover my spine. Apparently that's one of the most painful places to be tattooed.

DO YOUR RESEARCH KIDS, YOU DON'T WANNA END UP LIKE ME

• Like x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

That just makes it ten times more badass! Was it your first tattoo? Going over bone is supposed to be one of the most brutal places to get one.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  13. ZeroEsper

It was my first! I had no clue what to expect.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  14. shmeed

shmeed plant me

I have a tattoo I got a few years ago, a squirrel, on my hip. I have wanted another of a pigeon for years now but money has been a constraint, and this bizarre feeling of "I can justify getting one tattoo but more than one? Indulgence! Evilbadwrong!" I'm hoping to get the piddo later this year when finances even out more. I'm also thinking about a yellow and green dandelion with leaves on my leg. And tbh I wouldn't be opposed to another squirrel. And and and.......

I also gauged my ears to size 0g, then rushed to 00g and they got infected and I let them heal by just removing everything entirely. They closed up and no longer function for earrings, and they lobes are kind of warped now (but you would never know if you're not me)

Don't rush gauging, it's not worth it if you fail ;o;

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  15. ZeroEsper

Aw, a squirrel tattoo is a super cute idea!

• Like x 1
  16. PotteryWalrus

Hey guys, do any of you have experience with tattoo removal? I got a bit of extra money from a relative this week, and I'm thinking of getting my rabbit tattoo removed and updated so it looks more like, well, an actual rabbit XD

17. Pukjie Ainsel

Pukjie Ainsel procrastinating overthinker

I don't have any actual experience with tattoo removal, but I've heard that it's more painful and pretty hard on your skin. I think if you want it redone anyway you should look into getting a coverup instead. Or at least start with talking to a tattoo artist and getting their opinion.

• Like x 4
  18. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I have metal! Left ear: 2 lobe,1 tragus, 1 industrial. Right ear: 3 lobe, 1 rook, 2 upper cartilage. Plus 1 nose stud and a septum piercing. Septum was the easiest to heal, rook was the worst.

I also have ink! A black and grey star on my left wrist, plus a line from a Dir en grey song along the underneath of that forearm. Also a big piece that takes up a good part of my lower leg and which is a reference to The Secret History / The Goldfinch both by Donna Tartt:

[​IMG]

I'll be getting a companion piece for that one on the other leg: A boy in a wolf mask, holding a raven, with a rose (reference to Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel). My sister wants us to get matching tattoos of geometric dogs at some point, so that might also happen. Then I'll get started on the inside sections of both calves: an otter holding a lantern for one, and something based on the album artwork of The Birthday Massacre for the other.

(I am choosing to blithely ignore that I will be saving from now until the age of like 40 to get all of this done, the way I'm going)

• Like x 4
  19. ZeroEsper

I am obsessed with Dir en Grey. Which quote, if that's not too personal a question? If it is I apologize.

• Like x 1
  20. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Not too personal at all! It's 'gasp for breath' from Merciless Cult, which is my all time favourite song of theirs.

(Also, yay, fellow Kintsugijin Diru fan!)

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice