bottle throwing

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by milkywaybars, Sep 13, 2019.

1. milkywaybars

milkywaybars New Member

Why would someone throw a bottle at me if that person is not drunk, not a kid, not someone I've rejected or ignored, and I don't think I'm dressed oddly or acting oddly?

2. latitans

latitans zounds, scoob

This will be an unsatisfying answer, but—sometimes people just do things. If you spend enough time out in public, sometimes weird shit just happens to you. It can suck, but it just happens. I’ve had a some inexplicable encounters myself. Maybe the other person is in some sort of altered state where throwing a bottle seems like a good idea. Maybe they’re taking out anger on whoever’s unlucky enough to walk by. Maybe they’re just fucking with people for fun. Maybe they’re just a dick.

You’ll twist yourself into knots trying to figure it out. In my experience, the best thing to do is just get away, give yourself time to vent and calm down somewhere you feel safe, then try to stop worrying about it and move on.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  3. milkywaybars

milkywaybars New Member

@latitans

Thank you! This is a really good answer! I'm not sure it applies to this specific bottle, but it applies to a lot of things and I think I will be coming back to it a lot!

4. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

maybe someone threw a bottle at them and they were paying it forward

• Like x 1
  5. milkywaybars

milkywaybars New Member

6. anthers

anthers sleepy

Not sure of the circumstances but you might just have Been There at the right time to get a bottle thrown at you. The urge might have been to throw the bottle, not at anyone in specific.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice