Brainfixer Games

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Codeless, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Games that make you feel better when your brainbugs, of any sort, are acting up.

For me it´s the portal series and Q.U.B.E. I generally purrfur nonconfrontational puzzlegames, probably gonna buy Quantum Conundrum when I have money again. And yes, I am fond of portal-like visuals/mechanics.

2. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Lately, it's been Harvest Moon for me. I can sometimes drown out repetitive harmful thoughts by focusing really hard on what I plan on doing next in the game: I get too busy thinking about upgrading my house or planting certain configurations of crops. Or Music Catch 2, which is a free flash game with very nice audio & rainbow colors.

3. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

It depends on the severity/kind of brainfail. If I'm overstimmed, little repetitive puzzle games like Ring Pass Not or any kind of match-3 game that gets me absorbed in problem solving/pattern making, reducing the amount of information my brain is trying to process at one time. When I need to get out of my own head, anything that requires a certain focus. Right now it's Far Cry 3 - trying to clear out pirate outposts without getting caught distracts me from just about everything. (Plus it's fun to set cassowaries on them.)

4. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Katamari Damacy. I am not even remotely good at it, but rolling things up is so very relaxing.

5. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Anxiety stuff: Dyad. Having soothing music, pretty colors, concrete goals, and no huge consequences for failure really helps me.

Depression: hack and slashes, for some reason.

6. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Digital devil saga, for that particular brand of sullen omnidirectional hate depression brings up sometimes. Devouring your enemies is very cathartic, and i enjoy gale and serph's nope on emotions in general.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice