breakup: bleh

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by gills, Mar 24, 2016.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I care about you, I'm pretty sure we all do. You should definitely nope the fuck away from this dude.

• Like x 2
  2. gills

gills dead

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to imply that all of you don't care. i know that you do because you're still responding, i don't think you don't care.

• Like x 2
  3. Petra

Petra space case

I'd love to be friends with you, honestly. I don't know if that's a lot, but... it's there. I understand why your DPD is telling you you need his permission to do anything, but... what happens when he starts saying you CAN'T do anything just because he can, or he's mad?

• Like x 2
  4. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

The point in telling you we care is to show you that you're not alone. We want you to be happy.

• Like x 2
  5. gills

gills dead

i can tell it isn't meant that way but my brain is parsing everything in this thread rn as anger and impatience and frustration because i won't say goodbye to him. i know none of you are trying to attack me. if i'm slow responding it's because i'm trying to keep myself from reacting in a bad way.

6. Petra

Petra space case

Okay. I'm certainly not mad! I am concerned for you but I don't want to make you do anything.

• Like x 1
  7. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

I appreciate your effort to control your reactions—I know that can be difficult and doing so is very kind of you. I also appreciate your recognition of the disconnect between what your brain is parsing and what we actually mean. and if it helps at all to have it written out, I am absolutely not angry with you. I really don't like being angry, and it doesn't happen a lot. I am just concerned for you and would like to help you feel better. and no, I'm not lying about not being angry to gloss over a problem; lying about emotions always turns out badly, I've learned.

• Like x 1
  8. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at him for treating you this way. I'm also kinda of going through my own shit today so I probably shouldn't be giving advice anyway! But yeah, definitely not trying to attack you.

• Like x 1
  9. gills

gills dead

i fucked up i gotvupset and posted about him and exactly one form of contact with him has been removed

10. esotericPrognosticator

did he remove the form of contact, or did you?

11. gills

gills dead

he did, he wasn't following me but he must have seen me posting

12. Petra

Petra space case

Does he not allow you to talk about him?

13. esotericPrognosticator

okay, I know you don't feel this way now, but even though he did that to punish you for your perceived transgression I think that in the long run you will very much benefit from not being in contact with him. in the interim I recognize that his doing that is upsetting for you and I'm very sorry about that.

14. gills

gills dead

i am yelling. he is yelling. thi gns are bad.

15. Petra

Petra space case

Can we help at all? Shark pics?

• Like x 1
  16. gills

gills dead

we are still yelling. i am being mean. i am shaking and cannot blieve the way i'm talking to him. he is very angry.

17. esotericPrognosticator

just so you know, there is no way you're being as mean to him as he has been to you. and if you're just telling him about the abusive behaviors he's engaged in, that's not being mean; that's just being accurate.

• Like x 2
  18. gills

gills dead

no, i am yelling. i am very ang ry and i am being mean.

19. Petra

Petra space case

It's okay to be angry. There are unhealthy ways to express anger, but anger itself is perfectly valid.

• Like x 1
  20. gills

gills dead

he's getting off on this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice