breakup: bleh

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by gills, Mar 24, 2016.

1. gills

gills dead

sort of a mixed bag. i realized something.

.....he can, if he so chooses, ruin my life. and he would be within his rights to do so and i would deserve it. i can't say why because i want to stay here but he could ruin my life if he chooses to.

2. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Is the way he can ruin your life telling other people about the thing you don't want to talk about?

3. gills

gills dead

4. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I understand not wanting to say the thing, but there's a chance you could be catastrophizing, especially if it's something he used to control you. Without going into detail, can you tell me whether or not the thing you did was illegal?

5. gills

gills dead

it was illegal.

6. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I've heard worse. I know a lot of people with sorta fucked up pasts.

7. gills

gills dead

you don't know what it was, how can you ascertain whether it's 'worse'?

8. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Were you underage when you did the illegal thing? Did you do it of your own free will or because he wanted you to?

9. gills

gills dead

no and....both sort of

10. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

How long ago was it? Do you think he remembers?

11. gills

gills dead

i know he remembers. i....don't know if i can say how long ago without giving more away because it wasn't an isolated event kind of deal.

12. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Okay. I know I'm asking a lot of questions and I don't mean for you to feel pressured. Just trying to judge whether or not your fear is founded. If you want to tell me in PM what you did, I assure you I won't tell anyone else or judge you for it, but since you don't really know me, I understand if you don't want to.

All I can really do is hope that he doesn't use it against you, and that you don't use your fear of consequences to let him control you again.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice