Breathe Deep, Break Knees

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by cosmofex, Sep 7, 2020.

?

what is your alignment, if we don't get all ~moral~ about the labels

1. Legal Selfless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Balanced Selfless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just Selfless

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Legal Balance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. True Balance

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Just Balance

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Legal Selfish

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Balanced Selfish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Just Selfish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cosmofex

cosmofex trans lesbian extraordinaire

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALRIGHT

time for me to start doing this again because fuck it why not and also all of my worldbuilding has changed so i am starting a new bijou.

I have uhhhhhh several different stories i am writing right now, so more than anything else, this is gonna be my concept-forming center, and i wanna do this shit justice so PLEASE interact and say something if anything is neat or gross or weird or fancy or WHATEVER.

STORIES ON THE CORKBOARD
    • For The Rest Of Their Lives- an original story about a young and traumatized trans girl in the far north during a time of societal upheaval.
    • The Untitled Wild West Mutant Zombie Apocalypse Story- an original story about a trans girl in the Wild West during a combination Mutant, Zombie, and Zombie Mutant Apocalypse.
    • Silence and Sound- a Naruto fanfic about a 3/4 feral deaf genderfluid Naruto wrecking havoc with incorrect but compelling ideas about how the world supposedly works.
    • JKR CAN DIE BY MY BLADE- an untitled Harry Potter fanfic in which nobody is cis, straight, white, abled, or neurotypical, and in which forgiveness is not justice.
    i'm also kicking around an idea for a Homestuck fanfic, considering kicking around an idea for a Dinotopia fanfic, and i'm debating getting into some conceptual necromancy and digging out the planning i did a few years back for a Dragonriders of Pern rp that never made it off the ground and resurrecting it as either an rp or as a fanfic.

• Winner x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I am very much here for this Harry Potter fic, would you like to go into it further? :0

• Winner x 1
  3. cosmofex

sure! basically, it spawned from about five different ideas to do a harry potter fic, and suddenly they just started grabbing hold of each other and wouldn't let go
    1. What if Lily Evans was adopted? She looks nothing like Petunia, and that also provides an excuse to have some fun with her family history, namely from a British branch of the Addams Family that was gloriously killed in the very beginnings of Voldemort's climb to power? The very concept of a family that is so blatantly magical while not necessarily having magic, that is physically nearly indestructible but emotionally as vulnerable as anyone else, is absolutely delicious, and I want Harry to one day realize he (or in this story, she) has cousins and grandparents and aunts across the pond, and meet them, and mcfreakin' lose it at Dumbledore in the most Addams way possible. Also, the collective reaction of Hogwarts to the fact that if Harry ever needs something that is mildly inconvenient to reach, a hand will just reach out of the stupidest places and hand it to her and she just,,, says thank you?????? what the fuck????????
    2. What if Harry and Hermione are adopted by the Grangers? One, fuck the Dursleys. Two, a lot of Hermione's attitude reminds me of one of my high school friends whose parents treated them like their relationship was landlord-tenant rather than parent-child. So Hermione grows up fully aware that, if she acts up in any way, she's on the streets, and being the smart cookie that she is, and in this story not being cis-straight-white-abled-such and such, she notices all of this injustice in the world, and begins planning her conquest immediately. But one day she meets a homeless Harry (known as Raja bc poor bab thought the Dursleys named her Freak and once she escaped she certainly wasn't going to keep that name) and realizes that if everything goes south, she'll have a friend who can keep her alive long enough that she can handle herself, so Hermione comes out as mtf trans and her birth parents kick her out. Three months later she's adopted along with Raja, and a year after that she gets a most fascinating letter.
    3. What if the Weasleys were the head of a small organized crime syndicate? Arthur is the head of a department in the government, Bill is a combination archaeologist and professional arcane locksmith, Charlie fights fucking dragons on the daily, and they're an old-ass pureblood family whose Great Aunt still has a manor house that they just happen to not use ever? And Molly can feed them all and send them to a prestigious school on 2-3 pounds-worth of income? No, that doesn't track. The Burrow is a front, their poorness is a front, and the reason for the feud between them and the malfoys is that Lucius's daddy owed the Weasleys for a good 3/4 of his life, and Draco just hasn't caught on that he is, in fact, the Nouveau Riche he so scorns.
    4. WHAT IF THE CHARACTERS WEREN'T ALL CIS STRAIGHT WHITE ABLED CHRISTIAN NEUROTYPICAL CONSERVATIVE ENGLISH MEN
    5. FUCK J K ROWLING
    and then, inspired by Floralmarsupial's Liminal Space, i had to assign archetypes to the characters
    • HARRY POTTER AS PLAYED BY THE WART, SHE WHO BECAME KING ARTHUR PENDRAGON AND NEVER RECOVERED FROM IT
    • HERMIONE GRANGER AS PLAYED BY LILITH, SHE WHO WAS ABANDONED BY GOD FOR REFUSING TO SUBMIT TO OPPRESSION
    • RONALD WEASLEY AS PLAYED BY ROBIN HOOD, HE WHO LIVED POORLY AND GAVE FREELY FROM THE COFFERS OF THE RICH
    • ALBUS DUMBLEDORE AS PLAYED BY OZYMANDIAS, HE WHO DID MIGHTY DEEDS AND ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING FOR IT
    • PETER PETTIGREW AS PLAYED BY JUDAS, HE WHO KISSED HIS FRIEND AND IN DOING SO GAVE HIM TO THE ROMANS
    • SEVERUS SNAPE AS PLAYED BY OEDIPUS, HE WHO COMMITTED FOUL ACTS AND REPENTED BUT NEVER MENDED
    • PETUNIA DURSLEY AS PLAYED BY CAIN, SHE WHO WOULD KILL HER SISTER AND SOIL HER MEMORY FOR THE CRIME OF DOING WELL
    Harry Potter never learns the name, she missed her first year of school due to the worst beating she had ever gotten. Uncle Vernon had broken both her legs, and they got compartment syndrome which eventually went septic. The sepsis spread, and the Dursleys decided it would be better to take her to the emergency room than to deal with a corpse, but not before they worked in one more beating. The doctors were able to fight back the sepsis, but had to amputate both legs and one eye, and the last beating from the Dursleys took her sight in the other. As soon as she was well enough to not relapse, Dumbledore spirited her away back to the Dursleys. After Harry uses accidental magic to defend herself from another beating, the Dursleys kick her out once and for all. Shortly after, she decides to throw away the name "Freak" and go by "Raja," which is pretty, and is the name given to her by a very sweet Desi girl at a bakery on the outskirts of Crawley that offhandedly says that they look so alike that they could be sisters before the lunch crowds sweep her away.

A couple years later, Yochanan ben Yosef, a young autistic closeted trans girl, meets Raja on the streets while waiting for their birth parents to get out of work, and decides that Raja will be the first person to hear the name she chose for herself: Hermione bat Yosef. When Raja asks why Hermione speaks with a slow stutter and changes her words frequently, she recounts how one of her primary school bullies took things too far and bashed her head against the pole of the swings, giving Hermione a concussion that left her with permanent anomic aphasia- she forgets words for things, to the point where on particularly bad days she can barely get out three words in as many hours of sustained effort. Hermione and Raja debate the benefits of living on the street, and Hermione eventually goes home with a plan and the knowledge that she finally, finally has a friend.

There's a few months where they're on the streets camping in the alley behind the bakery Raja got her name at, and one day the manager (a charming Desi man who had been leaving them fresh buns and bagels every chance he got, along with blankets and a tent meant for winter hiking) comes out back and says that now that the owner has gone back to prison, the racist parole officer won't be breathing down his neck, meaning he can take the girls in without endangering his ability to care for them or pay for his university fees. A few months pass, and the girls are officially adopted by the newly graduated Daniel Granger and his fiance Emma Agbayani, a Pinoy classmate he fell for a couple years back.

and that's as far as i have planned out so far.

• Winner x 1
  4. cosmofex

In the night sky, light danced. Curtains of green fading through yellow to red, over a backdrop of cold blue pinpricks of light. The moon was full, and it's frigid light cast glinted softly off the backs of whales spouting through breaks in the thick ice over the bay. The wind howled over the ice, driving loose snow over the shingle beach into the dense taiga forest beyond. Icicles rattled on the eaves of the small houses at the edge of the forest, and the inhabitants shivered as they stoked the large clay ovens that kept them warm. The wind ripped through the plank-paved streets, over hedges and around corners, and nothing stirred but leaves and scraps.

Nothing but a small fox, white as the driven snow, that skulked from shadow to shadow, searching for a meal. The fox made it's way towards the center of the Pink-Cheek warren. The Pink-Cheek called "Butcher" lived there, and there was always a good amount of tasty organ meat and chewy gristle in the midden behind the box-burrow. The fox was trotting past an alley, when something moved in the corner of it's vision. Looking back, the fox spotted a Pink-Cheek midden. Something was moving under one of the discarded furs. The fox crept closer, curious. Then a small, frostbitten hand fell from behind the fur. A Pink-Cheek kit. The fox nosed the small fingers, then stuck it's muzzle under the furs to look for any sign of life, and... Yes. There. A pulse. A huff of warm (but not warm enough) breath. And...

Oh, now wasn't that interesting.

A minute zing of power, dancing across the tips of the fox's whiskers. This Pink-Cheek had potential. The fox sat back, considering seriously for a moment. Pink-Cheeks hunted foxes for their pelts and meat, and the fox was quite attached to theirs, pun fully intended. But the Pink-Cheeks with that zing could learn to Speak and Read and Write. What's more, they could teach some of the Folk to Speak and Read and Write. And if the members of the Folk they taught Spoke side by side with the Pink-Cheek enough, then when the Folk one day had kits, the kits would also be able to Speak and Read and Write. The Pink-Cheek would learn to respect the Folk, and the Folk would learn to survive around the rest of the Pink-Cheeks and their lives would stretch to match the Pink-Cheek's. The fox might not have kits right at that moment, but it couldn't easily put aside the future chance of that kind of knowledge.

But then again, the Pink-Cheek kit only had potential. For one, it was a kit, and a kit only. For two, it was dying, pretty quickly. Maybe not in the next couple of hours, but definitely before the end of the Long Night. And the only way to make sure it would live would be to call for adult Pink-Cheeks and pray they didn't stuff it full of arrows or call hounds on it. Adult Pink-Cheeks were dangerous, and wickedly smart, and wickedly cruel in their intelligence. Kits were cruel as well, but in the way all kits are, when they did not know what was cruel to say or do and what was kind. Training this Pink-Cheek would take time, and lots of it. Maybe every time the kit went outside. Following the kit inside would be far too dangerous before the kit grew it's fangs, metaphorically speaking. But once the kit was able to stand up to adult Pink-Cheeks, it would be down-hill from there.

Realizing they had somehow decided without noticing, the fox sighed, and clambered on top of the kit. Turning their snout to the sky, the fox dropped their jaw and yowled, louder than any cat, shriller than any hound. They listened, ears pricked, for several long seconds, then screamed again. And again.

Eventually one of the adults would come, and even Pink-Cheeks knew the Law Of The Long Night: open your burrow to everyone, because one night you yourself might need one of your guests to open their burrow to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice