Brexit

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by BlackholeKG, Jun 24, 2016.

1. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Was the vote really that close? And they're still leaving? Shouldn't they have needed a larger majority?

2. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Nope, winning side, well, wins. It's not like they needed to have a certain percentage to "pass" a motion, it's more, "continued EU membership is now up in the air, there's no 'preference' for either side, you can vote any which way and the decision goes". And there was only a 72% turnout, so who knows if this is really the majority opinion of the population, but well, that's how it works.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  3. Socket

Socket fuzzy tabletop goblin

I'm still here clinging to the hope that the immediate plummet of the pound will wake everyone up enough for there to be a reconsideration (given that afaik, the referendum is still a Glorified Opinion Poll and there's still time for it to be rethought by the folks up top)?? But I know that's probably not gonna happen and I'm really very concerned given that I have 0% trust for so many people in power in our government :/

4. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

@Bel this referendum isn't legally binding, so technically parliament can still vote to remain. But I'd expect almost any MP that votes remain to lose their seat in the next election.

5. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I'm a Pole living with my Scottish husband, so if the UK and Poland both become uninhabitable we have nowhere friendly to go.

6. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

There's part of me that worries about potential riots if Parliament chooses to ignore the result. I saw first hand what happened during the 2011 riots. You could see the flames and smoke from a building they set on fire from my house.

7. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Scotland sounds like a relatively safe temporary refuge from what I'm seeing on twitter. Brief vacation maybe?

8. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

I just. What the fuck. Everything else was already going to hell and now this as well.

I'm so tired of every fucking political decision confirming that people like me are disposable. Better off dying quietly somewhere where no one will notice. Don't matter, better off dead, no one wants us alive. I almost wish I was dead already not to have to wait for it, but also fuck all these people, why should I comply with their fucking wishes?

(people like me being: disabled, poor, woman, gay, no local support network, important people in another country. FUck 'tightening immigration', I wanted a family.

But mostly disabled, let's be real.)

• Like x 2
  9. AbsenteeLandlady123

If people need help, I'm sure that I could organize like, a youcaring fund or something?

10. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

i
    can't
    i'm literally suicidal now because of this
    i just
    i can't
    it's not fair
    i voted i used up all my spoons on voting and it
    didn't make any difference
    it never makes any difference
    i just

i should go i can't

11. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

I remember Leave saying they'd demand a revote for less that a 60% majority :/ very annoying. My dad's business is all over Europe and he's out of the country ever other week. Major issue for us.

12. EulersBidentity

There's a revote petition that already has more than enough signatures for a parliament debate, and which also took down the petition.parliement.uk site because it was getting so much traffic. No idea where that will lead.

Kathy, you're a sweetheart, but in this instance I don't think there's anything concrete you can do.

13. AbsenteeLandlady123

I'm just thinking if anybody gets put in dire financial circumstances, is all? I'm sure there are other people who would be willing to do commission raffles or something with me for a good cause..

14. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Yeah, I'd go in on a commission raffle. I'll put together an art sample tonight, since I've been meaning to anyway.

I'm sorry, all, I wish there was some way for me to personally slap every person who voted for this. or sprinkle legos on the floor.

• Like x 4
  15. AbsenteeLandlady123

Alrighty, cool.
    Should any people really need a hand, give me a buzz and I'll start trying to organize stuff?

16. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

I am so fucking furious. I knew the NHS wouldn't see a fucking penny. The Leave campaign was so obviously just evasion and lies with a good dose of racism from the start, and I am boggled that anyone could have fallen for it.

EDIT: This guy has it in one-
    yeah.png

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Like x 4
  17. EulersBidentity

18. EulersBidentity

The signatures per hour number is dropping on this petition, but I don't know if that's maybe a technical fault. I've tried to sign it several times and not received an email confirmation link.

19. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

I too am not receiving the correct email confirmation link.

20. AbsenteeLandlady123

I didn't get it either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice