Brie's corner of scribbles and miniatures

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by bornofthesea670, Dec 11, 2017.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Veralene is the person i had such a hard time marrying in the 'what have you played recently' thread. I have a Thing for bratty characters.

2. bornofthesea670

Pic scam

(I have multiple adoptions and have adopted Alesan, Blaise, Lucia, and Sofie. I want to adopt Runa when i get the chance, and then i have room for one more, i havent decided if i want a sixth child.)

(My house mod is Dragonfall Castle)

(I am using CBBE bodies and Shiva's vanilla hair replacer, as well as Realistic Haircolors. The food mod is Mealtime and I have a market stall mod to help buy ingredients for meals more easily. I also have Darkwater Manor, which has a stockable and restockable kitchen and booze cupboard, i dont use it for the family because its out in the middle of nowhere but it is still pretty and I use it to restock on some ingredients/booze. I like to think Veralene is a fan of Blackbriar mead so I keep our castle stocked with both plain and reserve, though I am more of a Honningbrew or juniper berry kind of person, myself. For some reason the hair replacer did not replace Veralene's hair, but I love her anyway. Also I changed her into a different blue dress because i wanted to see her amulet of Mara.)

[​IMG]

i like how tall the walls are, very protecc

[​IMG]

a view of the front. notice the Talos statues XD i know we're in the Rift but that's ballsy, especially if you join the Legion as i often do.

[​IMG]

it took a few trips to notice these planters

[​IMG]

throne room and main feasting hall

[​IMG]

huscarl that comes with the castle. there is an option to turn npcs off, but i like it to feel lived in

[​IMG]

one of my favorite parts of the castle, a visitor's wing with a large heated pool, rooms to either side, and a bar at the back. tell me you wouldnt visit me. even the servant's quarters have a nice heated pool area. I can't live without them now, i judge all house mods on the number of heated pools.

[​IMG]

my "loving" wife. i couldnt get her to move in properly since she lacks the dialogue, but i made her a follower and told her to hang out in the sitting room in front of the bedrooms/my study. I wish she could wander around, but at least she's home. I also gave her a circlet to wear. And one of the wardrobes in the bedroom is just "her" apparel, lots of nice dresses, spare boots, every scrap of unenchanted jewelry I can find. i know she cant use it but it makes me happy to bring things home to my wife, darn it. and i never take my wedding ring off XD i am a loser.

[​IMG]

rum cake, scones, and a roast fish from Mealtime. i am too lazy to get the proper 'place things here' mod so i drop it, hope it lands facing up, and then drag it into place.

[​IMG]

the children's room. they have a cute little sitting area, a fireplace, a desk, and even a training dummy. there is also a training dummy in the courtyard. I have given Blaise a wooden sword and need to find one for Alesan, and i suppose the girls need one too. They moved in much easier than Veralene, they wander all over the castle with no issue, can sit down, sleep, use the training dummies, and even go out into the courtyard and outdoor balconies for fresh air. I am delighted to give them such a nice home <3

(I know they can carry daggers, but darn it they are too young! and have you seen Blaise thwack at the training dummy? i do not trust my children with sharp objects.)

[​IMG]

the study i never use

[​IMG]
    master bedroom (bathing room thru the left door in the back)

[​IMG]

my bath! i feel so spoiled by it

[​IMG]

the decorator did not skimp on towels or soap in any of the bathing areas, and i thank them because i would not either.

[​IMG]

the courtyard, where all four of my babies were hanging out

[​IMG]

and finally, my view of the Rift. we are a few minutes walk to the west of Riften, right next to a Dwemer ruin.

i will show more pictures later because it brings me joy. and I will probably post that fic at some point. the castle is the same, as are all the NPCs, and my children and wife of course. so that might help visualize if any of you care for that kind of thing. I am so in love with this silly castle, and will probably check out the other ones made by the modder.

3. bornofthesea670

I tried out Moonstone Castle in a different save, it's pretty nice as well. the master bedroom doesnt have its own bath though, but there are other bedrooms with double beds and pools, so i will use that one instead. Moonstone has even more pools, one large one in the courtyard, a smaller one by a viewing platform on an upper outdoor balcony, one very large one by the guest rooms, the nicely sized one in the room i have commandeered, a smaller one in a room dedicated to a shrine of Dibella (the undercroft is found via this room, which is the
    vampiric' part of the castle. too many bloody bones and random draugr corpses for me, but if pools of blood are your thing (literally, two red-tinted bathing pools and a few fountains) then go ahead. i think there's a pool in the barracks as well, but the place is so big i cant remember. its much easier to find your way around Dragonfall, but Moonstone is twice as large.I do enjoy that at least two of the larger pools in Moonstone are deep enough to actually dunk your head in, i wish the large 'guest' pool in Dragonfall was deeper. I guess i could download Moonstone in my main save, but its too big for my needs. Comes with a handful of followers though.

4. bornofthesea670

I took out My Home Is Your Home and Veralene HAS LEFT THE BEDROOM I hope she's not on her way back to Solitude. She never ended up getting the spouse dialogue options but I thought that was just an Interesting Npcs thing.

Plz just let her enjoy the castle I bought for her I'm getting so frustrated XD

AGHHHH the things i do for this woman.

5. bornofthesea670

I think she may have been about to leave, considering I caught her at the front door and she's never had the "where should we live" dialogue"

Our whole marriage is probably bugged but I used the AFT mod and made her hang out in the guest/pool area on the main floor so she can do something more interesting than sit at our table or on the floor. I'll pretend she's checking up on the servants/cook and interacting with our huscarl and the guests.

Sigh. I'll try marrying her on a more vanilla save to see if that works. Luckily her marriage prerequisites are "have a house" so it will be easy to troubleshoot. I can add our house mod later and see if she can move in like the children can. Being domestic is hard and this is why i write fanfic.

6. bornofthesea670

I found a fix but it's too late to fix it for my main profile. Oh well :( I've replayed this game enough, I desire my happy ending. Now to see if i can move her into our castle

7. bornofthesea670

The fix, in case I forget and in case anyone else glitches so you can't say "I do" is to open the console and type "setstage relationshipmarriagewedding 30"

That lets you interact with things mid-wedding, talk to your spouse and then things will resume, maramal will ask if you agree once more, and you can finally say i do.

That was a pain

8. bornofthesea670

I have two skyrim projects, one beginning at the wedding and one that begins before, where Selnor adopts his first few children. He adopts the rest after the marriage. He also does other, Dragonborny, political, Legion, Thieves Guildy stuff, but I don't wanna focus on that now. That's like. Brain stuff. I'm going to mention the stuff he's been up to as it comes up.

I have a strong need to fix things and Selnor is my tool, lol.

9. bornofthesea670

Oh and the king doesn't die in my story, it appears that he does and the palace lets everyone think that he does until he regains his strength and Solitude/the Legion are in a stronger political place and have won a few large battles. Selnor also supports him and as he's made a name for himself, and is Dragonbirn to boot, AND supports Talos worship (fuck the White Gold Concordat, we'll be taking care of the Thalmor later) so his support of the Royal family will mean a lot.

10. bornofthesea670

I'm not crazy about Talos, and neither is he, but it's not like his worship is hurting anyone. He has a more strained relationship with the Forsworn since their religion is a bit bloodier. He's trying to come to a compromise. And figure out how to give their land back without disrupting trade or the outsiders who have come to live there too badly. It's a messy situation that i dont look forward to figuring out LOL.

11. bornofthesea670

I managed to get a mod that fits vanilla clothing but makes people/me prettier. Selnor is my fic char, but i normally play an imperial lady. With big titties.

Vanilla sized clothing mods are my preferred, and easier than all those physics-heavy ones. I just dont like vanilla potato-face

12. bornofthesea670

updated skyrim pics. Hopefully this will be my main account for a while, as marrying Veralene gets a bit tiresome after the 7th time. and then it took a few tries before i realized the reason i couldnt move her into our castle was because the mod doesnt really see it as my home until i send a kid there, so finally i adopted Blaise, and then Veralene came down from Proudspire Manor all on her own. Phew. Working out the kinks for that was a riot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    hopefully our last wedding for a while (i had to start this save with the house mods that added staff disabled, since they come to the wedding and that messes things up sometimes. seriously, i forgot once and we had a spriggan at our wedding. it didnt attack anyone and Veralene didnt complain to me about it, but it was very odd. if you have the mods enabled but dont own the homes, that might work too, but i didnt want to risk it.)

[​IMG]
    i came home at seven in the evening and apparently our household staff gets together in the throne room and has dinner????? adorable. my huscarl eats at a small table to her own, because she's fancy i guess.

[​IMG]
    i got an npc dressing mod (not perfect but useful, ask me if you're curious) and i downloaded the noblesse oblige gowns and some fancy tiaras, so now my beloved wife has the outfits and castle she deserves.

[​IMG]
    me taking the bath i wish i could take irl after all that mod bullshit

[​IMG]
    i downloaded a different outfit thats a bit more outdoorsy but it only comes in one color, which does not particularly flatter my character. So i decided to coordinate with my wife. I wear the different circlet because the stones in the modded ones are a bit too bright and outshine the eyes, which i think are the defining feature of this char. look at her. she is So Done. i put her in green since the huscarl wears green and has the matching gold-and-emerald circlet, and the throne room is green, so i kinda rolled with the idea.

13. bornofthesea670

i put Veralene in the blue since (even though she doesnt always spawn in the blue noble wear, thats what she was wearing when i first married her and played the most hours with her as my wife) thats her color, but she has an outfit set up for each color variant of the noblesse dress. with different coordinating jewelry. but her ring is always plain gold, even though i was tempted to match it as well, because i like to pretend she's wearing our wedding band.

im very silly

14. bornofthesea670

bro i found a tea mod. and a chocolate mod? im dying. bless.

quest mods? i dont know her (might get legacy of the dragonborn tho)

downloaded the apachi divine store and a wig mod too to make my followers prettier and give wife nicer hair

and so i dont have to go to the face sculptor if i want a different style, i guess. downloaded two more castles because im a castle hoarder and i needed ahome in the reach for Plot reasons

im still writing i swear, sometimes i need a skyrim boost to make my heart happy XD

15. bornofthesea670

the chocolate mod author is killing me

16. bornofthesea670

Vekel the Man sells Honningbrew, im telling Maven.

17. bornofthesea670

Downloaded the Prince abd the pauper mod as well as the patch it needs for the multiple adoption mod, but I'm not getting any dialogue options for the kids. I'll be troubleshooting it later.

It means i needed to start yet another game but I am at least getting better at wedding outfits. Will post pictures later. And hopefully fix the adoption issue because I'm finally ACTUALLY happy with my mod set up. I just really want to give my kids nicer clothes, so I hope I can get that mod to work.

18. bornofthesea670

I don't know if anyone is reading my skyrim posts, this might be getting too Fantown for Make It So, but I'll be posting writing again eventually when my gameplay itch is scratched. Let the ADD run its course.

Don't download the Prince and the Pauper mod if you want to adopt children, I think it says it's been fixed and then I even tried it with the multiple adoptions patch, but I couldn't get any dialogue options for the kids. I love the clothing from that mod but it's no good without my babies. I got another mod that resins the clothing, and I'll try downloading the Prince mod once I've gotten all of them moved in, but I'll remove it and go to a previous save if it's fucked up.

I wonder if vortex lets you copy over a save game onto another file to test cheats out easier...

19. bornofthesea670

There is a clone option, woo!

Edit: it clones settings and mods i think, not save games. Need to figure out that function

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  20. bornofthesea670

There's this quiet, anxious lady from Hammerfell that the interesting npc mod added, i thought she might be a marriage option but she's involved in this quest where a bored old vampire tries to get you to "race" him to kill people with the initials "ELISIF" or "ULFRIC" because he thinks it's kind of funny or something idk. Anyway Fironet is the last person he tries to kill, and the mod page didn't mention whether she becomes a follower or marriage if you manage to stop him. On top of that, I don't want to kill 5 other people just to save her. And that's the only quest she's involved in. So I force made her into a follower with the AFT mod since I have no plans to talk to that vampire again. And then I took her to my castle to live in a guest room since otherwise she'll spend the rest of her life moping around Solitude never becoming a bard.

I also stole Gisli. She isn't very well liked, but if my brother was Erikur and one of my tasks was to collect rent from his tenants while he kissed ass all day, I'd be cranky too. I don't talk to her much but apparently she gives him lip about how he keeps overcharging his tenants. Also he is the landlord of the elven seamstresses, which is an interesting bit of info. Anyway she isn't directly involved in any quests and I don't think it'll break my game, so now she is also one of my guests, and far away from anyone who knows her stupid brother. Maybe she can make a name for herself among the Riften merchant-nobility.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice