Bugs and Spiders and Snails, oh my!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by artistformerlyknownasdave, Aug 21, 2017.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

oh my god, so cute ;w;
    seeing this darling boy and his fancy footwork brightened my day considerably, thank you for sharing!!

• Agree x 1
  2. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I got a glamour shot too :3c

IMG_20180825_215448.jpg

I tried to get him in a teacup but he was too big, climbed straight out. The Soda glass worked though.

Edit: after appraisal, this is a different boy (not missing a front leggo) which means Dancing Feet is still lurking.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

He got legs for days

• Agree x 4
  4. Snuffy-o's

Snuffy-o's New Member

OH YEAAAAAH
    [​IMG]
    this leech is my wife

• Winner x 4
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

0927181623c-747x1328.jpg
    Seen @ university... They're a student

They also did not appreciate me taking a picture and put up their scythes

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    • Winner x 6
  6. artistformerlyknownasdave

WHAT A PHENOMENAL SENSE OF FASHION THEY HAVE. beauteous......

• Agree x 3
  7. Stick friend

• Agree x 1
  8. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

IMG_20170523_232523.jpg
    my GAL Franklin, on their way to escape the fucking tank while I was digging out a nest.

• Winner x 6
  9. artistformerlyknownasdave

[mission impossible theme starts playing]

• Agree x 1
  10. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 1
  11. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Cute! It was keeping time with Deadmau5 "Some Chords". The cut happened at the exact same moment as a change in the song too!

• Like x 1
  12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Look at this good good friend with the paddy feets and the fluffy belly

IMG_20190622_164846.jpg

• Winner x 6
  13. jacktrash

beetle toes~!

• Agree x 3
  14. jacktrash

i'd forgotten about this delightful thread, how good to be reminded! pls enjoy cartwheel spood.

and i lack any video editing ability or software, so i can only ask you to imagine how hilaridorable it would be if i made a compilation of dancing peacock spiders with this as the soundtrack:

• Winner x 4
  15. kmoss

kmoss whoops

[​IMG]

found a Scary Leg Man in boyfriend's apartment while I was alone

it's either a giant house spider or a hobo spiders, and usually the apartment has house spiders (apparently the two types compete pretty hard so a place with one is unlikely to have the other), and he moved VERY fast

(I put him delicately outside so no worries)

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Peacock spiders!

• Winner x 4
  17. jacktrash

literally!

• Agree x 1
  18. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i saw this little friend on the doorjamb at my parents' house yesterday! there's a SMILEY FACE on their back!!!
    IMG_8421.JPG

i think that's a dead grasshopper they're holding! they scampered around the side of the house when i gently poked so as not to crush them with the door, holding tight to that grasshopper the whole time. fairly large, about the size of my fingernail, fuzzy, and pitch black except for some white around the joints, and of course the smile face. i've never seen a spider like that. can anyone identify?

IMG_8422.JPG
    beautiful eyes, too! and green mouthparts? what a fabulous little friend.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  19. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

on further research it appears to be a Bold Jumping Spider! that is the BEST NAME omg. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phidippus_audax it took me a minute because lots of the pics of them have a lot more white bits than this one, but apparently the green mouth bits are a giveaway. looks like a mature female. it's funny, because i initially thought "must not be a jumping spider since it didn't jump when i poked it" but apparently they're great jumpers! she just wasn't willing to drop her meal i guess.

• Winner x 4
  20. jacktrash

bold jumpers are called that bc they’re not afraid of people. they are often curious about us, n fact, and will hang around to watch us. you can play with them like kittens; they will chase a laser dot or a bit of thread.

although i was never afraid really and have always liked bugs, loving spiders so much started with a good little bold jumper who really wanted to get to know me, came back when shooed away, and tasted food i offered her. fried tofu was Quite Nice apparently.

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice