Bugs/Feature Requests

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Feb 23, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I've run into that before. And since I didn't always have Lazarus (and don't on my phone), a lot of the time I compose my draft posts in PMs to myself so that I can hit send and then copy them into the thread.

• Like x 3
  2. Is it possible to pin an individual post at the top of every page in a thread? I'm specifically thinking about the I need support thread, where in the first post it is requested that people update to let others know when they've received help, but I think a lot of people miss that message. I think, if the feature is possible, it could also be useful in many other threads.

• Like x 1
  3. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

I know it's a thing for some threads on SV, but I have no idea what is involved in making that happen, and their Tech Director does lots of Xenforo-specific mod programming and uses those forums to test, so I dunno how available it is... but it's theoretically doable, at least?

4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I don't know of a way to do it, it could be an addon. Sadly, a friend of mine once looked at their forums from my house.

So what, you say? Well, so when I registered on the forum because one of their admin people was being a defensive idiot about people's comments about a theming thing, and I registered to try to help unruffle feathers and communicate things for a friend of mine, SUDDENLY IT IS REVEALED THAT I AM A SOCK and it probably took a month before they calmed down, because I had no idea that this friend would have visited their forum, I didn't remember that he'd visited recently, and I wouldn't have recognized him by account name or anything. So I was asking everyone I remembered visiting whether they'd even heard of the place.

This is a great example of why I am pretty reluctant to guess at user identities given only small sample spaces.

5. devian

devian Well-Known Member

Is there some way to mark an individual thread as read without actually opening it? I've only been able to find "mark all as read" buttons, but Xenforo is good at hiding things so maybe I missed it.

6. seebs

I don't know of one, but heck if I know.

7. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

Just wanted to mention that I continually parse this thread title as "requests for bugs and features" and I'm like... If we can request bugs, can we have the one from skyrim where you can walk through walls if you're holding a plate?

• Like x 11
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I want the old Dwarf Fortress one where you can become an invincible god by doing accounting for a while.

• Like x 9
  9. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I'd love to be able to stick paintbrushes in the air and the ability to clone something by double tapping a number of scrolls personally.

• Like x 6
  10. seebs

That's supposed to be prevented by the plurality shift. "bug/feature requests" would be requests each of which was for a bug or a feature. "Bugs requests" isn't how English works usually for no obvious reason, so that parsing should get rejected.

• Like x 2
  11. kmoss

kmoss whoops

though bug requests still works in english for me, so maybe the problem is that english is Weird and Unholy

• Like x 2
  12. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I, for one, would like to request a Leaf Mantis

[​IMG]

• Like x 10
  13. seebs

Sure. Bug/feature requests would be totally ambiguous, and would probably be understood as requesting a change that we are not sure about the merits of.

• Like x 2
  14. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Can I request the ability to delete threads that I've started? (should I just report them and then a moderator can delete them?)

15. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

Standard practice right now is for thread deletion to begin by sending reports as to the threads you want deleted and then mods/admins handle the wiping itself. Usually unless the thread is in the Abuse forum, Brainbent, or the Holler Closet it won't be deleted. Exceptions are if it's a thread with posts only by you, unless others agree to have their own posts removed as well. It's something that's been in place for a good long time to prevent people feeling like threads they know about are being wiped away.

If the threads you're perturbed about fall in other areas but could conceivably fall under the blanket of the forums described above, submit them and there'll be a look taken at them anyhow.

If they don't, the practice I think is advocated for right now is editing and blanking posts you've made that concern you.

ETA: Threads that contain sensitive personal information are individually appraisable.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  16. Technicality

Also I don't know if this is the place but can we unpin a few of the posts from the top of TSM? It is getting a little crowded

• Like x 1
  17. Technicality

18. seebs

All of TSM is gonna go away "soonish" to be replaced by a single main thread with all the relevant stuff.

• Like x 2
  19. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Wait, the whole subforum or the stickies?

20. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Not the whole thing - but mostly the various stickies, for the sake of better organisation.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice