Bugs/Feature Requests

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Feb 23, 2015.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Oooh. That's a really cool idea.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Aaall the subforum. All of them!

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Bug: you can't click the logo to go back to the home page of Kintsugi if images are turned off. The blank area where the logo goes isn't a link when images are turned off.

4. seebs

I don't know how easy that would be to fix. Hmm.

EDIT: Looked at page source a bit. It looks to me like there probably IS a link there, it's just that the link is around empty space, and not around whatever's doing the spacing to make there be a blank area.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. seebs

Okay, so. There's a higher-level page element which is the entire width of the display, around that area, and then there's the image. The link is around just the image. If I make it the whole width, it'll also include (maybe?) the entire block at the top of the page. ... which I guess is okay, so I've done it. If that breaks something, it's your fault, you MADE me do it with your "asking nicely" and stuff.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
  6. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Bug: the entire top bar of the page is a link to the main page. Haven't you heard of hyperlinked images?

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

bug: the bug report thread isn't pinned

• Agree x 2
  8. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

bug:
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  9. seebs

we call it "stickied", pinning bugs is for butterfly collectors

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

the image is an actual real life insect, right?

11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

it is!

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  12. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm wondering if there's another way to make the link work if no image, because this is extremely inconvenient on mobile. At least one out of every two times I go to open the alerts menu I get redirected to the home page, ditto when I try to close it by clicking on what used to be inactive space. It's very frustrating and makes interacting with alerts at all on mobile basically impossible, so I've ended up just not since this feature was introduced because I'm almost always on mobile because I travel a lot.

• Agree x 5
  13. seebs

yeah, i'm noticing that too. i'm not sure what my other options are, but i agree that it's not working out great. it's weird that the logo's alt-text isn't showing up, because if it did, that'd be a clickable thing.

EDIT: Have attempted science. It looks to me like there may now be a clickable area even if the image isn't showing, but it's not the whole page header space. I think.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Winner x 2
  14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Thanks! There's a clickable area around and including the little 'image not downloaded' placeholder box thingy now!

• Like x 1
  15. seebs

turns out the image was specified as a "float" so nothing was actually around it.

• Informative x 2
  16. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

So apparently spoiler tags like to multiply now? Over in the tf fanthread my most recent post (and I think @Hawkeguy's?) somehow acquired two extra nested spoilers, even though I for one distinctly remember only typing the first, named one. Editing doesn't fix, I tried to remove the extra open tags and they came back.

Edited to add a quote. This also apparently added another spoiler tag. H E L P

edit the second, with further testing:
    happening on most recent chrome, both mobile and desktop versions. Hawkeguy is tagged bc their (his? sorry dude idk your pronouns) post that I quoted in the buggy one has only one spoiler, but for some reason ends "[ /spoiler] [ /spoiler] [ /spoiler]" (sans spaces, I forget the code to make bbcode not.... render).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    • Witnessed x 4
  17. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I have an extremely weird bug! For some reason, kintsugi and only kintsugi has started completely fucking up my phone's predictive text so typing there has become extremely labor intensive on mobile. I cannot reproduce this error on any other site or app, so it's not my keyboard app or my phone. But hitting the portion of my screen which should complete a word when typing on mobile results in all sorts of errors, most of which involve my Autocorrect being unable to correct a word or duplicating what i have already typed instead of completung the word as predictive text normally does.

edit: I have two different keyboard apps, and the error is consistent between both of them. It's only kintsugi's text entry field that does this. To type sentences with any kind of speed, I'm currently writing them in the address bar of my browser app and copying them into kintsugi's text field.

Editx2: I have an android phone running 6.0.1 and am using the SwiftKey keyboard app mostly. Gboard is my phone's default keyboard app, and it has less errors than SwiftKey, but the Autocorrect function and the function that allows the app to finish words for me when I hit space is still messed up - I will often get a random different letter that's nowhere near the spacebar.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 1
  18. seebs

what the FUCK

• Informative x 2
  19. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

This is happening for me too actually in the past couple of days with the comma and period on Swype. Only on this website.

• Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. shmeed

shmeed plant me

sometimes when i type on mobile and i click out of the type box to scroll, i can't click back within the type box and get the keyboard to pop up unless i refresh the page. for some reason i can get around this by activating the smilies dropdown

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice