Bugs/Feature Requests

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Feb 23, 2015.

1. shmeed

shmeed plant me

probably functionally impossible but it'd be really neat if there was a way to ignore a user while not automatically and obligatorily ignoring all of the threads they're OP of

• Agree x 10
  2. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Sometimes I don't get a notif that a thread I follow has updated? Not from users I've ignored because I don't get a notif from them, but from other users, and sometimes a post moderated users post going through doesn't give me a notif either

• Agree x 6
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

That hasn't happened to me recently, but it used to happen a lot. More recently I've had a lot of notifications go missing when someone I ignored posted and then people I didn't ignore posted after them.

• Agree x 1
  4. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

that happens to me all the time. a couple times a week. i don't know if it's related to any specific users-- i've definitely gotten notifications after posts from people on post mod went up, and i don't currently have anyone on ignore-- but yeah, sometimes i just don't get a notification for a thread that i'm watching.

5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I miss notifs all the time. Most often from Holler Closer posts, but from other threads too, even ones I stared. It is extremely sporadic.

6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

It's happened intermittently with me--I tend to go to "watched threads" and check everything from there, but I've noticed that if I get a cluster of updates all at once, some will drop.

• Agree x 5
  7. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I find that I get missed notifications the most when I get a notification and then I don't check the thread. If anyone else posts in the thread, I won't get a notification.

So yeah, I mostly use the watched threads page

• Agree x 1
  8. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

I thought that was a feature, because if I miss a notification then I won't get them for that thread until I check it again. I'm talking about threads I've definitely checked recently, though.

9. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Mm yeah i think the getting a notif just once for a thread until u check is a normal thing

But yeah i am talking about notifs that don't appear (like I compared my notif feed vs my watched threads and sometimes a notif just wasnt on the list
    Edit: even if the thread has newly updated )

• Agree x 4
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I can’t edit profile/status posts on mobile. I click “save changes” and it just takes me to “safari cannot open this page because the network connection has been lost”, and when I go back to the main page my changes aren’t there. Is this a known thing?

11. epic

epic New Member

problem
    I put x on ignore
    but x posts in other peoples threads using roleplay accounts, not as the character but as themselves. they change what characterd they use regularly. x is functionally impossible to ignore right now.
    unless i want to randomly see x's content without warning, and i really don't , my options as things stand are:
    a) suck it up
    or
    b) regularly check x's character sheet for updates and block each new account. updates will not be clearly labeled. I would have to just memorize what the sheet looked like before or have a screenshot to reference. this option is fucking stupid to be clear

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  12. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I don't know, but mobile is sort of crazy and I'm not sure how supported it is. Seems like an annoying thing, not sure we could do anything about it.

• Informative x 1
  13. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I probably spend significantly more of my time here on mobile (iphone, safari) than computer. It’s generally quite functional with the occasional annoyance here and there. Mostly “can’t see descriptions of subforums on front page”. Or “it sure would be nice if spoiler labels would wrap or do anything at all that makes it possible to read the whole thing even if it doesn’t fit within the width of the phone screen”. Most other complaints are quirks of the phone. So reasonably well supported as far as I’ve seen?

• Agree x 6
  14. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

If you turn your phone to landscape format, you can see forum descriptions and most of spoiler tags without the "...". I find it not worth it because I have my movement sensor off for battery reasons, but it is possible. (I access the forum on desktop once in a blue moon, most of the time I'm mobile.)

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. Verily

A not-insignificant portion of spoilers too long for portrait are also too long for landscape I’ve found. This is not helped by how the page layout changes in landscape to dedicate like an inch of horizontal space to user avatars. I almost always have my phone locked in portrait mode when I’m using the browser though, because there is nothing fun about having to worry about how far I’m leaning to the side. So even when it’s enough space in landscape, I also find it not worth it.

Eta: Oh hey, I missed the part about the forum descriptions. Wow, you’re right, there they are. How about that!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Agree x 1
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Idk if possible but I wish there was a way to ignore threads without having to open them and see the thing that makes you need to ignore them again.

• Like x 1
  17. epic

epic New Member

@Aondeug can you quit doing this

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    • Agree x 1
  18. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i know this is a known bug but
    android keyboard fucks up so bad on this site
    has anyone figured out how to make it suck less

19. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

There's a button that gets rid of the rich text features, I use that when writing a post and it cuts down on the ridiculousness a lot.

• Informative x 3
    • Useful x 2
  20. Verily

Huh! I’m on iphone but I’ve been having some serious issues selecting text in the... post box area. (I can’t remember form terminology suddenly. The place where you write and edit posts.) It will let me select a word, and if I try to expand the selection as I normally would, I either get one single letter or everything to the end of the post depending of which way I try to drag it. It wasn’t always like this. It’s a somewhat recent problem.

Turning off rich text editor does stop the problem. Unfortunately it also removes most of the reasons I’d want to select text, which involve avoiding the inconvenience of typing out markup myself on a phone. Still good to know.

I guess I could just look up the a href equivalent for forums. ...Oh. Apparently it’s URL with optional =. That could be worse.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice