Bugs/Feature Requests

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I've had the same issue on and off on mobile, thought it was my data being spotty because that's a thing that happens.

I also have no idea why I suddenly jumped to one of the polidicks threads, except that maybe I'm tired and somehow misclicked? no idea.

2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

yeah, I figured if I was it would have been a misclick or something. I was just wondering because whatever’s happening seems a lot like what the discourage feature is supposed to do.

if not that maybe it’s a firefox thing? I can’t think of any other possibilities.

3. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

try clearing your browser cache? Maybe run Crap Cleaner if you've got it.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. KingdomByTheSea

KingdomByTheSea Well-Known Member

I can't load the General Advice subforum, and only the General Advice subforum - it produces a 504 Gateway Timeout. I can still load threads within that forum if I get the link (e.g. from the "newest post" sidebar). Any idea what might be causing this? (I'm on desktop Chrome)

• Agree x 2
  5. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Agree for same issue. Desktop and mobile brave browser

• Agree x 1
  6. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Huh. That's very odd. But I do see some errors in the logs that might be related, so I'll try to debug more. I think... Nope, I'm not honestly sure what's up. Could be related to some ongoing sysadmin.

• Informative x 2
  7. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Dunno if the issue is fixed for others, as I didn't check immediately, but am on desktop Chrome and can access the General Advice subforum. So if it's down for some people, it might not be down for everyone, if that helps narrowing down what's up (assuming it's not been fixed/fixed itself since last night).

• Agree x 2
  8. KingdomByTheSea

I'm still timing out when i try to access General Advice (on mobile Chrome this time)

• Witnessed x 2
  9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

On mobile Safari (iOS), and I’m not having any issues with it. Super weird.

• Agree x 1
  10. KingdomByTheSea

I'll try Firefox later today to see if it's a Chrome thing

11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm on Firefox and I checked both yesterday and today with no issues, for whatever that's worth.

12. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

No problems here. Windows desktop with Chrome, mobile iOS with Safari, checked both last night.

13. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

further data: General Advice still times out (mobile Brave, desktop Chrome and Edge) while logged in, but is accessible as usual while logged out (on all three browsers). :confutoot:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. seebs

That makes so much no sense and I have no idea what's happening, but also too much is happening in other areas for me to spend the time on the sysadmin thing.

• Witnessed x 3
  15. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Don't feel obligated to go poking around any further, but some further data: it times out on my main and two of my subs, but works on the other 4 subs

16. KingdomByTheSea

So what you're saying is we should just keep making subs until one of them isn't Banned* From General Advice? (/joke but also I had never considered trying other subs so that might be a valid solution)

*banned by weird computer shit, not by actual mod action

• Like x 1
  17. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

Additional data point: earlier today, I couldn't get Kintsugi to load. This lasted for maybe a couple minutes, and I went to the down for everyone website to check... and it said kintsugi.seebs.net was down. I then complained to a friend, 201911191642 (Pacific). So. Sometime around when this was happening, the whole of Kintsugi was officially down.

I can now, as far as I can tell, access Kintsugi normally.

18. seebs

So, I think I found a thing which might be the issue, except honestly I can't see why it would have worked at all if that were it, but just in case, rebuilt some stuff. So there was some downtime for that in the last hour or so.

• Informative x 5
  19. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

That explains it.

20. KingdomByTheSea3

KingdomByTheSea3 New Member

Whatever you did didn't fix the problem for me, but this fancy new subaccount I created does allow me access to General Advice

/KingdomByTheSea

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice