CALIFORNIA WEATHER THREAD (most important thread on kintsugi)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I always resented the fuck out of being born in the middle of August tho, it's like "hey Arxon wanna do something fun for your birthd- oh wait no now is the time when the sun wreaks it fiery vengeance on us we should just all lay down underneath the fan and contemplate not doing anything until September."

• Like x 3
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Also where shit talking surfer slang and culture goes fuck you and fuck your mom and fuck your cow and the horse you rode in on. BEACH BONFIRES AFTER A DAY IN THE OCEAN IS MY LIFE. MY CULTURE.

*watches surf's up and cries furiously over it because that movie is my relationship with my father*

3. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

fire season, or as i like to call it, "mother nature is pissed off again"

• Like x 3
  4. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

"California's on fire, again. So I guess it's officially Summer."

• Like x 2
  5. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

i thought fire season happened in fall because thats when the lightning storms hit the INCREDIBLY DRY SUMMER GRASS AND EVERYTHING IS AWFUL MARY, GET THE KIDS, WE NEED TO LEAVE.

then again one time 4th of july got canceled until october 11th. so i could be making shit up.

• Like x 1
  6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Honestly most of our seasons appear to be fire season.

• Like x 3
  7. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

I am seeing most fires occuring from May to August

(Looking at data from http://fire.ca.gov)

8. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

huh. weird. i guess i never noticed any fires that werent in the middle/end of july (which is what i considered the tailend of summer and Basically Autumn, even if it was still hot as balls) but maybe thats because no fires actually happened near my city ever

9. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

I grew up on the Central Coast (Where? Cal Poly. Huh? Er, "Wine Country". What? Okay like, an hour or so from Napa Valley. Uh...? LOOK I'M EXACTLY HALFWAY BETWEEN SANS FRAN AND DIEGO OKAY I GIVE UP fucking tiny towns fucking huge state) literally backed up against Mirrasou winery, no one understood why I wanted to leave.

(Because there's quite literally NOTHING BUT WINE AND WINOS)

Have family visiting SC from the Desert And Fire zone and the first thing said was "Wow, you mean plants actually come in 'green' here?"

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    • Like x 2
  10. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I am moving to sacramento in almost exactly 44 days.

I have never been further west than montana.

All I have known is the Midwest and also North Dakota.

How much am I gonna die

(Though it's for 10 months and I don't pay for rent or laundry (!!!!!) And also we're traveling the Pacific area in general)

11. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@boyacrossthestreet eh sacramento is decent. the fact you dont gotta pay rent or laundry is a plus and im sure you can find a min wage part time job in the meantime to eat up boredom and give you pocket money for food and entertainment. its a very pretty place but ive only visited it for its museums! had you needed money for rent on top of whatever else it is you needed id be concerned about how you'd be able to support yourself. job economy in cali is very unforgiving

that being said you will definitely enjoy it! there's a lot to do in sacramento and dry heat is a lot more tolerable than wet heat. it will get super hot though, so just try to stay hydrated and don't overdo it. you aren't accustomed to the weather and the drought makes free water hard to come by

california is a mediterranean climate. :3

12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Haha! Fun fact I am going there for my job which is "americorps nccc class 22", which is nonprofit stuff so hopefully if anyone's house burns down we might be able to help you out there. Fire Training is also an option if I pass the physical.

I hear "Mediterranean" and I think "food like sushi" because I'm bad at weather :D

I heard from someone on fb that the public transpo was pretty decent there too, but honestly rn I am living in Paw Paw MI (town so nice they named it twice), which has no public transpo so literally anything would be nice.

13. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

Mediterranean isnt even close to describing what type of food sushi is. Mediterranean is greek food. think pita bread or gyros. THAT BEING SAID THERE IS A LOT OF ASIAN INFLUENCE. and russian. and anything on the east side of the world as thats the closest thing that isnt connected to the united states.

as for transportation? i have no idea. i never took the bus until i moved to lansing, and i lived fourish hours away from Sac (i think anyway. if i remember right sacramento is two hours away from san fran and i was six away from san fran) so im literally just commenting as a tourist.

• Like x 1
  14. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

oh right i forgot to explain what Mediterranean climate means.

the coast is all lush and pretty and alive but as soon as you move inland everything is brown and dead and dry. exactly like greece.

the state is a godforsaken lie.

• Like x 2
  15. Piratical

Piratical Dis-member

Sonoma county ACTUALLY GOT A BIT OF RAIN A FEW DAYS AGO!!! It was really bizarre. Of course, it immediately went back to miserably hot with no sign of clouds afterwards. :'(

Also dang there are folks on here going to sac? Imma be in the artist's alley there!

• Like x 1
  16. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

as someone who lives on the outskirts of nyc (and my family has an apartment there, thank god for rent control, we've had it since the 70s lmao) I'm literally just like [squints]
    I mean I bet SF is super expensive but I will actually be surprised if it's literally the most expensive city in the US somehow? I'm just used to believing that nyc is the most expensive I guess lol :"D

17. blue

blue hightown funk you up

ok, where you live is definitely not "the outskirts of nyc." is it? that would be so weird. I mean it is EXPENSIVE AS HELL but,

also, my uncle lives in Santa Monica, in a lovely apartment in a gorgeous spot, and his rent control is grandfathered in because he has been there for a very long time. I mean, thank god for that, bc he is not rich by any stretch of the imagination. and I like staying there. :P

18. rats

i mean technically long island as a whole is just a suburb of nyc as far as i've always assumed, i'm like a 35 minute train ride from city proper :pp westchester has the same sorta dealio
    i could be completely wrong!! but ive always assumed that it works this way lol

19. blue

blue hightown funk you up

huh! yeah, that's fair.

we should go hang out in nyc!!

(AGGRESSIVELY HIJACKS YOUR CALIFORNIA THREAD WITH NEW YORK-NESS)

#to get back on topic tho #i might go to college in ca! #but I can't tolerate heat v well and so I've been trying to figure out whether I could adjust

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    • Like x 2
  20. rats

[chanting] NEW YORK NEW YORK NEW YORK

(tho if i was really going whole hog id say "new yawk" :pppp )

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice