CALIFORNIA WEATHER THREAD (most important thread on kintsugi)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

Its windy again! Sort of... it seems like only in my area... it is also overcast and muggy... bluh...

2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

We got marine layer yay! It's still ballsoup hot but there's a breeze off the ocean this time instead of the desert.

3. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Let's all do the "our state is on fire" dance! It's where you sit inside and don't dance at all because the air quality is shit.

• Like x 3
  4. Another Shy One

Ugh somewhere up north there was a fire and my area is now smelling like smoke and ashes... *i really wanted to open my window tonight, its supposed to be cool now*

5. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

It is cool in San Jose. The air is moist enough to breathe again, there is a stinky breeze from the west, and the temperature has dropped from "dehydrating water" to "allowing sweat to form".

6. Another Shy One

Found where fire was. Napa. And its 0% contained last i heard :( meanwhile its starting to get windy again which'll probs make the fire worse...

• Like x 1
  7. Piratical

Piratical Dis-member

Aw, man. :\ There's just some mountains between me and napa. I hope it doesn't spread this way... Ooh! And Lake County was on fire too! that ALSO borders my county! ;-;

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  8. Another Shy One

@Piratical oh dude, try and safe out there! Fires all around, it seems. The air quality must suck right about now :(

9. Another Shy One

Its sprinkling, its sprinkling!!!!

It stopped

• Like x 4
  10. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

and I am told it is now actually chilly here (I am not sensitive to cold, but the Ancient Guardian is). Like chilly enough to be the difference from "sweating just from walking" to "need a jacket even while walking at a brisk pace to be comfortable". In just 1 day.

• Like x 2
  11. Piratical

Piratical Dis-member

It's raining! Not just sprinkling, but really coming down! :O (Hopefully this will help get the fires under control.....hahaha....)

• Like x 1
  12. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

I live in the SF bay area and it is RAINING right now. Or it was a minute ago. I think it may have stopped while I was typing. :(

Even so, any rain is good!

13. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Yeah! It rained so I couldn't ride my bike home from the BART station! And the dog was frightened and refused to go outside! (The dog is very Californian and baffled by water falling from the sky!) And I don't even care, because we needed this water so badly!

14. Another Shy One

Its been sprinkling on and off every couple of hours. Why cant the clouds just dump all the water theyre hoarding right now...

15. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

You're welcome to some of our water. It's been raining off and on here for days, and I don't like it

16. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

IT'S COLD

IT'S WET

WHY THIS

• Like x 1
  17. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I horrified the students in my class this week by informing them that on Thursday (so today. er, yesterday) it is supposed to be 16 degrees because of windchill in north dakota, where I did college

#still wearing tshirts

• Like x 1
  18. Another Shy One

Bringing this back because i think its revelant. Come and complain about this sweltering heat we're having XP where im at, its cloudy and muggy right now with hot winds. Uggggh. And yesterday, it reached over the 100s.

19. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I don't know how you stand it. We currently have 24 degree (75 in weird american numbers ;)) weather and I am already wanting to do as little as possible.
    I turn in to a puddle when it's as hot as where you are!

20. Another Shy One

I am currently surviving with a really good a/c system and a pool courtesy of my parental units.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice