Calling all spergs for an art project!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Acey, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

So to combat Autism Speaks' bullshit propaganda, I was thinking of doing a series of drawings of my autistic friends (and myself), with a little blurb about them and their interests and hobbies and general life stuff on the side.

But for that, of course, I need some volunteers!

If you want to be part of this project, reply with a photo of yourself, your name and pronouns, and a few things about yourself as a person. Interests (special or otherwise), hobbies, career, lifestyle, stuff like that! It'd also be helpful if you could provide some of your fave colors and your general height and build, plus maybe an outfit you'd like to be drawn in if you have preferences there. c:

I'm thinking I'll do ten pics in total, so that leaves nine spots available (since one of them is gonna be me).

Here's where I'll put the masterlist of people!

1: Acey
    2: @prismaticvoid
    3: @Bel Capricorn
    4: @Pumpkageist
    5: @ChelG
    6: @Lazarae
    7: @Codeless
    8: @Technicality
    9: @Derpyfishnoms
    10: @esotericPrognosticator
    11: @PotteryWalrus

I'm really excited about this project, and I hope I can get some volunteers! c:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like x 1
  2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Self-diagnosed acceptable?

3. Acey

Sure! :D I feel like pretty much all the self-diagnosed people here are At Least Probably Actually Sperg, so that's acceptable for sure. c:

4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

This sounds like a great idea! itll really help combat the autism speaks crowd for people to see autistic folks are just as human as everyone else. Can i offer a few slots as well? I dont wanna butt in if its just a personal thing.

I'll try and get a picture rustled up and info n stuff. Others can take my place if i procrastinate too long.

• Like x 1
  5. Acey

You can ABSOLUTELY offer a few slots, and I'd actually be really flattered if you did! :D

• Like x 1
  6. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

yes hello this sounds like a good

• Like x 1
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Hooray! Ok i'll start with five more after yours are filled (to currently make 15 total available between us) and we'll see how it goes with how many people volunteer. I might add more but i dont wanna overwhelm myself right away and drop the ball.

1. (Gonna go ahead and draw myself if you dont mind, its more likely to get done this way lol)
    2.@Elph
    3.@Pookydel
    4.@NevermorePoe
    5.@palindromordnilap
    6.@IvyLB

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like x 2
  8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

what are you planning on doing with this project once it's done?

9. Acey

I just plan on posting it all as a set on Tumblr! I'll credit everyone involved, of course. c:

• Like x 1
  10. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

thanks for answering!

• Like x 1
  11. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

This is an awesome idea and I'm tentatively interested in being part of the project, as long as my full name and irl picture don't get posted.

• Like x 1
  12. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

If there's enough interest I might offer a few slots as well :D

• Like x 1
  13. Acey

They won't, don't worry--I'll just be using first names/nicknames and my drawings. :) The IRL pics are just for reference!

• Like x 1
  14. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

Then totally count me in!

• Like x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'll see if I can get a decent photo!

• Like x 1
  16. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Is it OK the photo is kind of ancient? The last decent photo of me was kinda... sixish years ago?

• Like x 1
  17. Acey

Totally fine! I just need a basic idea of what you look like, you feel me?

• Like x 1
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I would donate my face and stuff. One thing is, the doctor diagnosing me claimed i did not have autism. I think she´s wrong and the reasons she gave do not much up with reality as I see it, but kinda up to you Acey, if you want me?
    (Looking into a second opinion)

• Like x 1
  19. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

[jazzhands](I've added an eyebrow ring on the far side of my left brow, but there aren't any good pics of me with it.) Lazarae, it/they pronouns. The special interests of my life are worldbuilding and, as a part of it, storytelling. I'll always come back to it and am always kind of halfway into it even when I'm not elbow deep in the guts of one of my own worlds. I like video games, where I can dig into the established lore of pre-build worlds, and roleplay where I can build worlds with other people. I also like horror (it's easy to make someone flinch. It's hard to make fear linger, to haunt someone after the window's closed and they've walked away) and (even non-horror-y) survival games. Other lifetime special interest: music. Not the mechanics of it, I can't keep track of that. But the way sound can make people feel things, the stories songs can tell. The different textures and 'flavors' of songs, albums, bands. My favorite color is purple. Any purple! But I like saturated, purply purples the best. I also try to wear a bit of red, even if it's just earrings or something because Reasons. Dark colors are best and easiest on my eyes; I wear a lot of black. I can't think of a favorite outfit to be drawn in; I like leather jackets, comfy flowy skirts and either victorian wide-heels or plain ol' combats. I'm a liiitle taller than average and built narrow but roundy because depression + health problems can fuck right off.

Pinging in @Pookydel because you said you were interested. I know she's not an active member here but she's my baby sis so :P

• Like x 1
  20. Acey

I'd say that's totally fine! I'll add ya to the list. c:

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice