Camp Half-Blood/Jupiter RP

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by chaoticArbiter, Apr 25, 2016.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

Adara Byrne is my character's full name. :D

• Like x 1
  2. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Okay good no amnesia shenanigans.

I hate those plots. Those plots are dumb.

I will stop now before I full on split :P

• Like x 2
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Good plan Wes :)
    Merrow sound like a good last name?

4. peripheral

Now I need name help too.

Hm.

He's a weird Hephaestus kid because he's more writery (hello self insert!) because broad def of smith

• Like x 2
  5. chaoticArbiter

fully agreed. so yeah, no amnesia shenanigans here. :)
    ooooh Merrow. yes. nice.

• Like x 2
  6. chaoticArbiter

gesp
    he sounds hella cool

7. Petra

Petra space case

Like, to be fair, at least Camp Jupiter has a long-term peaceful prospect for the campers, where they do their years in a well-supported legion with mixed-skill teams for best effect, then they can go live in peace in New Rome without worrying about monster attacks.

Camp Half-Blood kind of fucks around, juggles flaming swords, and then kicks you out when you're 18 all on your own, and it's specifically mentioned not a lot of halfbloods live long after being kicked out.

• Like x 2
  8. peripheral

New Rome?
    Should I just read synopses or something?

• Like x 1
  9. chaoticArbiter

this is....very true. which is why I kind of liked Camp Jupiter more. I just...wish it had come without amnesia shenanigans.

• Like x 1
  10. chaoticArbiter

New Rome is a town in the center of Camp Jupiter, with a college and schools and apartments and shit, where you can live and raise kids.

• Like x 2
  11. emythos

Larkspur Merrow it is.
    Hmm.
    Steal a writer's name for his first name, steal a different writer's name for his last name, see if they can be tied to mythology?
    Larkspur's gonna be pissed at EVERYONE about this bit XD
    but yeah, I like Jupiter (or at least what I heard about them), the writing just didn't click for me.

• Like x 1
  12. Petra

Petra space case

Also, in Camp Halfblood Percy had to use a divine favor (that he could have used to become a god) to even convince the Gods to not only send the children of people not in the Big Twelve to camp, but to send all their children to camp instead of ignoring the ones they didn't like, and to fucking claim their kids, yes, all their kids.

Camp Jupiter has a strong history of letting anyone with any amount of divine blood in, including people whose, like, great-grandma was a demigod so they don't have a lot of juice but they smell just tasty enough to attract monsters.

Yes, you need to pass the gauntlet of hanging out with wolves before joining Camp Jupiter, and if you really fuck up you might get eaten, but I get the impression what Lupa is really looking for there is being willing to try and improve.

Overall, Camp Jupiter has a much more ethical setup even with the kinda unsettling military vibe.

• Like x 3
  13. peripheral

Camp Jupiter sounds cool but again: Amnesia plot.

Why would that be so upsetting?

Er.

Auden?

For a first name anyway

• Like x 2
  14. emythos

Auden sounds nice :D

15. chaoticArbiter

Auden works!! I like it :D

• Like x 1
  16. Petra

Petra space case

The amnesia plot was upsetting because we had spent an entire series getting to know Percy and now he was a semi-blank slate with the personality traits we were familiar with, but none of the conscious recollection of events that shaped his personality.

The series gets a lot better from there.

Favorite bit - Nico and Hazel. See, Nico was looking for Bianca in the afterlife but she'd already moved on, so he smuggled out half-sister Hazel instead, and I just love their relationship as they get to know each other and grow closer as siblings and support each other. Nico the Necromancer and Hazel the Witch. I guess you could call her... witch-hazel, bah dum tsh.

[​IMG]
    Anyway I love these siblings so much.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • Like x 4
  17. emythos

nooooooool they look so cute
    i want to hug them
    i mean, i always want to hug nico but stillllllll

18. chaoticArbiter

Hazel is my fave

• Like x 1
  19. chaoticArbiter

oh also
    Adara Byrne, gonna post her here so it's easily accessible (for me, because I am a forgetful child)
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  20. Petra

Petra space case

Yessss.

I honestly haven't read the last book yet but I'm planning on it bc Nico. Let Nico Be Happy.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice