=> CAMRON: CONTINUE (NOT) PAPPING PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Desertverse Fantrolls' started by tabooTart, Jun 19, 2016.

1. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

@cantankerousAquarius

You knock on the door of the (Freakishly large, because wader.) hive and wait, trying not to fidget. You can feel the heat of the soon-to-be-rising sun on your back already, and kind of wish that you could pull off making a suncloak work with your jailbait look, because you’re too pale for this shit. Too much time spent in the artificial glare of spaceport lights and not enough spent outside on actual planets has done a number on your complexion. Fortunately, it’s a number that makes you look more vulnerable and pappable, not less.

You fuss with the collar of your too large white shirt, making sure it shows off your collarbones just so, and smile your patented sickeningly sweet ‘i’m just a lowbie looking for a big strong highblood to pap’ smile, just as the door opens.

• Like x 1
  2. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

You hear a knocking and thank the Powers That Be that you’re dressed, dry, and showered. Still, you just wanted to read the gotdamn book Teylir lent you.

(She lends you books. You lend her books. It’s very romantic.)

So you open the door and…. oh. Uh. Well, whoever this is seems to already know what they’re looking for. Your mouth, which you had opened to greet whoever-the-fuck, snaps closed with a click of teeth.

“…Hello. Can I… help…. you?”

3. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

"By letting me help you, doll. You’re looking pretty stressed, if you don’t mind me saying."

You stand up on your tiptoes and caress his cheek. Frond’s a bit close to that pointy mouth for comfort, but hey. You’d never get anywhere if you didn’t take initiative.

"Your friend seemed to think so, too. That’s why he sent me."

4. cantankerousAquarius

Alright, someone sent a pale hooker to your doorstep. He is touching your face. You’re ok with this. This isn’t a problem. You can clear up this misunderstanding by explaining that, no, you really don’t want or need his services and send him on his way. Has your ““““friend”””” already payed Mr. Twinky Whoever-the-fuck or-

-No, you probably don’t have to worry about that. It would be terrible business sense to allow yourself to be sent as a gift without some payment up front. Ok, so, you can just send him on his way. Right now. You’re doing that now.

You’re perfectly aware you’re only acting like a prancerbeast in the forward-facing light orbs, wide eyes and all, but you don’t feel attached to your body quite enough to stop.

5. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

You invite yourself in, brushing past him, because it really is starting to get hot out there. As you walk past, you entangle your fingers with his and gently tug him along, despite how you have no fucking clue where his pile is. There’s a respite platform somewhere around, isn’t there? That should work.

"How’s about we go somewhere more comfortable than the doorway, hmm?"

Aw, shit. You glance up again and he’s gone all antlerbeast-in-the-headlights on you. You clear your throat uncomfortably, and risk his hatchname.

"Ilbodo?"

6. cantankerousAquarius

Twinky Whoever-the-fuck in is your hive. You should do something. Oh, but your instinct is to appease that uncomfortable look on this troll’s face. They came here for a reason you should-

Your name snaps you out of inertia.Crimeny,somewhere more comfortable.That gives your stomach a nasty twist, once you’ve processed it. Are you still holding his hand? Embarrassing. You pull free and grimace internally upon noticing your own sweaty palms. You shouldn’t anything but open your mouth and explain.

“Ah,” you say. Nothing else wants to come out. You clear your throat and try again. It’s an effort to form every word. “I believe there is a… misunderstanding.”

7. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

Your protein sac twists as he wriggles loose of your frond. Not again.

"A misunderstanding."

You hunch in on yourself and look up at him.

"What kind of misunderstanding, doll?"

The kind of misunderstanding you’ll cull me for?

At least you’ve already gotten paid. At least-

You glance out the window. You’ll never get to cover in time, if he kicks you out. Fuck.

8. cantankerousAquarius

You can’t stop your own defensive hunching, but when your lip starting curling, you try to relax. He’s not trying to guilt trip you into anything. Thatlikely isn’t what he’s doing. Logically it doesn’t make sense for a prostitute to do that.

“No.” You follow his eyes to the window, and wonder if he’s planning to jump out. Probably not, looking at that sunlight. You can’t kick him out so close to daybreak, which, come to think of it, was probably your mystery benefactor’s plan. You inhale slowly, and exhale slower. If you can’t be calm for your own sake, do it for him. He’s gotta be low, and here you are, big highblood brute freaking him out for no reason. Get a grip.

“I don’t-” (pause to think) “-require your services.” A blatant lie, you think, but whatever. You can still feel the ghost of his frond on your cheek which… isn’t doing your already incredibly shitty calm act any favors.

9. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

He’s angry, and you can’t leave, and the person who hired you is nowhere to be found. Relaxed, Cam, look relaxed. Pretend this is your regular Tuesday routine, don’t let him know that he’s freaking you out. Bad, bad idea.

You force your posture to relax with that in mind, sighing theatrically without taking your ganderbulbs off of him.

"Seriously? This is the second time this perigee. Got my apologies, dollface, my own fault for hiring myself out without concerning myself with the particulars."

Been a bit too concerned with whether or not there’d be anything in your stomach that day to refuse, but hey. He doesn’t need to know that.

"You’re not going to, uh, it’s a bit close to daybreak-"

You smile up at him and try to look nonthreatening without it simultaneously parsing as a comeon. Fuck your life and everything in it.

10. cantankerousAquarius

“Of course not,” you interrupt, “that’d be unconscionable.” Another deep breath. This one’s a little easier. You flinch a little at the smile. Fuck everything.

“It’s alright,” you mumble. It’s definitely not alright, and you’re a bit too anxious to quantify how bad, but certainly it’s three buses, a long walk and eight caagars in a taxi from ‘alright.’ You swallow, dry mouthed, against another twist of your stomach,and it’s only getting harder to keep up eye contact.

You feel violated, and you’re not sure how rational that is. “Who was it?”

11. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

You relax a bit, only to tense up again when he asks for a name.

"Emeron, ah, Emeron Erksen?"

You scratch the back of your head, only getting more uncomfortable by the second. Why couldn’t you have just brought a fucking suncloak.

"Really am sorry about this."

Something about this situation stinks, and it’s not the flagrant disregard for personal boundaries exhibited by the person who paid for you. Why’s the wader so nervous?

12. cantankerousAquarius

You pinch the bridge of your nose and rub under your eyes a bit. “Emeron Erksen. Gods dammit.” It’s not surprising. They’re a prick. It’s actually kind of a relief, to have someone to be angry with. “It’s alright, this isn’t your fault.”

“D-do you have a name?” You turn around to the counter, ostensibly to pull over a mug. “Would you like tea?” It doesn’t sound like your voice talking.

You miss the handle. These don’t feel like your fingers shaking. You try again and only spin it a little. You don’t notice your claws digging into the counter. You can’t- you can’t grab the mug. Shit. You can’t grab the mug.Gods dammit you can’t grab the gods damned mug.

Another try for a deep breath and you fail to do more than gasp. You can feel your bloodpusher thumping hard, much too hard through the thin filaments of your fins and shaking your too-tight chest. You’re going to have an aneurysm, or a heart attack-

13. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

"Cam. And, uh. That would be nice?"

He sounds odd, kind of choked. You’re starting to see why Erksen sent you after him.

And then he fumbles what he’s trying to grab, stiff and shaking, and you canreally see why Erksen sent you after him. You move sidle up to the counter so you can meet his oculars, careful to keep a frondlength between you. (No point in getting savaged over some seadweller kid, oh mothergrub what if he cuts you what if he sees what are you doing.)

"Hey."

"Hey, dollface? how can i help you."

You’d ask if he was okay but he quite clearly is not. No point in wasting your breath.

14. cantankerousAquarius

You can hardly hear him over the roaring of blood in your ears. He’s closer now, and you imagine you can feel the heat of warmer blood radiating off of him. Wow, that’s not helping. That’s not helping at all. You want to lean away from him, but you don’t trust your balance. You swallow again and try to tell him to pass you the mug, please, but words aren’t happening. This is fine. You just gesture towards it and continue to not fall over.

He meets your eyes. You feel the blood run out of your face.

15. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

You bemusedly watch him gesture to the mug and something clicks. He can’t be serious.

"You want me to-"

"Oh, for fuck’s sake, forget the tea. Can I, can I get you something?"

Since you don’t want me.

You swallow past the lump in your throat and eye him nervously. Your voice shakes a bit when you next speak, undercutting any impact your words might’ve had.

"Sit down, okay? before you fall. I can leave you alone, doll, no skin off my back. Whatever y<>u want."

16. cantankerousAquarius

You don’t miss the nervousness, and you sure don’t miss the opportunity to kick yourself for making him nervous. You should be taking the opportunity to relieve some stress. Barring that, you should be hospitable to your unexpected guest. What you SHOULDN’T be doing is choking on nausea and trying to keep breathing.

“I’m sorry,” you mumble, and back away from the counter. “I’ll take c-care of something in the other room.”

17. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

Holy shit is this kid ever a mess. You don’t know what his problem is, exactly, but it’s big and obvious and you will call someone who’s more to his taste when you find out what his taste is, Demoness.

You blink, confused. Did he just-

"Hey, easy. You don’t have to be sorry, you’re a w-"

"Seadweller."

He’s still unsteady on his walkpods and oh, if you swung that way, you’d be all sorts of pitying right now. (As is, he’s got a nice ass.)

"Just sit down and I’ll leave, okay? That work for you?"

18. cantankerousAquarius

Apparently, you do have enough functioning braincells to be irritated at ‘wader,’ not that you react beyond a momentary grimace. “I’m handling this poorly,” you insist quietly. “I’m sorry.”

“That wor-” You stop in the doorway to the livingroom and turn around. You frown at him. “It’s daylight.”

19. tabooTart

tabooTart camron kornik

"I can go a block over. Unless-"

"I’ll do whatever you want. Sorry. And you’re, uh, you’re doing perfectly fine, dollface. I’m not dead yet, you’re aces."

It’s not a lie, but it comes out sounding like one.You’re such a mess at social interaction when you aren’t working.

20. cantankerousAquarius

You flinch. Perfectly fine, perfectly fine, he says. “Doing perfectly fine so long as I’m not culling you? Ha.” Your voice is humorless and shaky. “I feel much better now, having met that incredibly low standard.”

You flinch again. “Fuck, shit, that was mean, I’m sorry, that was mean,” you mutter. You walk to the couch and let the tattered remains of your dignity fall to the wayside. You put your head between your knees and home Cam isn’t following. Can you feel your veins when they’re about to burst? Oh, you want to text Teylir right about now, but you can’t so you don’t.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice