Cat vs Robots or Cody liveblogs TFs

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Codeless, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Started on exRid. First impressions:

Guys. Guys. Distinctive designs. They are useful for stuff like helping my partially faceblind ass tell who dafuq is who.

Related to above: Clutter. So much clutter. So much boxy shapes all over the place. So much entirely different characters with v similar colourschemes.

Hi Bee!

Really neat non humanoid designs in that there crowd scene.

Guys, things like implanting chips in peoples brains may be part of the reason the civilians don´t trust you or like you. Just sayin.

Hi Ratbat and Skywarp! Yay, characters I can actually tell apart easily!

Wow Prowl. Did you just seriously call a beastformer an animal? Dude. Not cool.

-squints- Is that Shockwave? He looks like TFP Shockwave.

• Like x 8
  2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

The art does get cleaner eventually, which does a LOT to help with telling people apart! If you're interested, I can make you a quick robot spotting guide for the characters? It would have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, because I'm not enough of a masochist to try doing that on mobile, but I'm deep enough in robot hell that I can probably manage a major player list and a background character list without too much trouble.

Edit: if he's purple with one eyeball thing, it is indeed Shockwave!

• Like x 3
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

A guide to robits might be handy yes. Ty!

Hey Prowl, you should eat an apple. It´ll make you look like even more of an asshole.

Full body shots without a bunch of clutter help. Metalhawk is the skinny one.

Also I think this is Bumblebee narrating. Right?

Bee. Bee. This is NOT how you make anyone like you. Yes even if the splodeychips are in the folk harassing civilians. It´s still not gonna be popular.

• Like x 4
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Hi Starscream! This version is snarky, I approve. But Starscream where did you encounter fortune cookies. It´s not like you eat.

Wait I thought old cybertron considered beastformers animals, how did Ratbat get into the senate?

(Visually, I still prefer Starscream to be made of toothpicks and deceit, but this characterization is promising)

Metalhawk is a good.

Bee. Bee no. Bee why?

Hi Arcee!

Ya know, I really can´t blame the civilians for not liking you guys much. Both sides are kinda sorta being assholes here.

Yay Starscream! I don´t even care if you´re planning something sneaky, the ´Cons Really need a representative right now.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    • Like x 7
  5. Petra

Petra space case

This is explained in a Spotlight comic for Soundwave, I think released before exRiD? Anyway, Ratbat is not a natural beastformer. He was a senator that used his power to jerk around Soundwave while degrading beastformers, and when the Senate fell, Soundwave had him reformatted in revenge. Soundwave's other cassettes (Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Rumble, Frenzy) are his close friends and were willing to get reformatted into cassettes for strategic reasons, Ratbat is... the outlier. It's messed up.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    • Like x 5
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Also I see the fashion for tiny waists continues from TFP. (I have decided to believe it´s an actual fashion to be built like that :P)

• Like x 7
  7. Petra

Petra space case

You know, it might be? Transformers can get reformatted, I don't think you can totally change your alt-mode or anything without a LOT of effort but if you've got the resources you can tweak yourself quite a bit.

• Like x 3
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Prowl needs therapy. And also no power over anything more important than a toaster.

• Like x 9
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Snark.jpg
    <3

• Like x 5
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Unpopular opinion: I don´t actually mind the overly textured style that much. While the artist certainly could lay off the texture, At least I can actually tell which part belongs to which robot at a glance.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    • Like x 4
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

That rhyming sounds awfully familiar....

12. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

That is an unpopular opinion! But I'm glad for you, because there are some excellent parts of Dark Cybertron and some great miniseries where that artist shows up, so if you don't mind his work, it should work out excellent for you!

13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Maybe it´s because I grew up on paperback SF and fantasy novels. A lot of older cover art looks like that. I don´t find it terribly attractive, but it doesn´t personally offend me either.

14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I´m sorry Bee but right now? I´d vote for Starscream over you. Though tbh I´d probably vote for Metalhawk over you both.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    • Like x 6
  15. Petra

Petra space case

-Slams fists into table, chants-

Metalhawk! Metalhawk! Metalhawk!

• Like x 6
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Prowl, please for once be sensible. Alternately, lets lock Prowl and Shockwave in a room so they can fight without ruining shit for everyone.

• Like x 2
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Well shit. Couldn´t you have just stayed dead Megs? Poor Starscream.

^Even having not read that yet, just from their TFP interactions, I still just wanna hug Starscream right now.

• Like x 4
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Fun thing, while I intially just felt sorry for TFP Screamy because -gestures at Megatrons everything-, I´ve gotten to seriously empathize with his failure mode. Specifically "Make plans, when plans fail, panic and flail around wildly while talking too much." I hope I´m less of an asshole to people than he is. (But I have lashed out at people while panicing so...)

• Like x 6
  19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Artist why. Why did you have to give bluestreak the same helmet things as Prowl in the same colour, how the heck am I supposed to tell them apart?

20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Prowl. Prowl. You are making Starscream look good and trustworthy. I suggest you reconsider your life choices.

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice