Catching all 151, er, 368, er ... a lot: The Pokemon Infodump Party!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by An Actual Bird, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Knives

Knives Active Member

i have no idea why all of my carts seem to just. disappear. it's really depressing but it also means that ive never really had a lineage of pokemon from game to game

its wild bc i still have shit like, my old mario tennis power tour gba cartridge but literally every pokemon game ive ever owned is gone

• Witnessed x 1
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

FINALLY.png
    FINALLY. (And I now have a newfound respect/hatred for the very occasional Melmetal I've seen in gyms, because it's 400 candy with a 20 km/candy buddy walk distance.)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  3. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

@LadyNighteyes Honestly, people who have Melmetal probably just open the box. If you get Let's Go Pikachu or something, you get a box where you can just get free meltan all the time. So it's probably people who have that who have melmetal.

• Informative x 1
  4. LadyNighteyes

I was thinking "do All The Raids and feed it all your rare candy" but yeah, that tracks.

• Like x 1
  5. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

Anyone ever watch Poketips on YouTube? He uploads some good Pokémon content and I’ve been binge watching him recently

6. LadyNighteyes

Somebody's snotty comment about how it's stupid that they don't have the National Dex in SuMo because "it takes 5 minutes to render a Pokemon" has caused a whole bunch of CG artists on Twitter to start trying to render Pokemon in 5 minutes.

It's kind of glorious.

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 1
  7. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

help I can't decide on a favorite but it might be the fucked up geodude

8. Knives

Knives Active Member

Wait do people genuinely think that rendering a model is literally the only part of implementing a Pokemon into the game

lol

• Agree x 2
  9. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I'm sure 5 minutes was meant as hyperbole, but still incredibly dismissive of all the work that does go into it.

• Agree x 3
  10. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I caught a shiny gastrodon in Pokémon Moon! I was just training, not shiny hunting! Gastrodon is one of my fave Pokémon! I'm very happy!

• Winner x 6
  11. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

A shiny Gastrodon was the first non-red-Gyarados pokemon I ever got (in my Pearl game) buuuut then my DS with the game in it got stolen a month or two later :'3

I still fondly remember the scoldings I got from the chats I was in when I excitedly reported it ;P 'it's not shiny, just the regional coloration!' but no, it was actually shiny.

• Like x 2
  12. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Hell yeah, a good first shiny :) This is my second shiny ever, the first one is a shiny Pikachu I got at Pokemon Go. Shame it got stolen tho :(

I hope someday to get a gastrodon and shellos from the other regional coloration. Gastrodons are great.

• Like x 1
  13. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Pokemon Go aka lurking outside local churches while fighting the gym there and hoping nobody comes out to yell at you

• Agree x 3
  14. Knives

Knives Active Member

its okay missionaries have the same rules of engagement as pokemon trainers anyways

• Winner x 1
  15. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

Does anyone know if the leaked Nintendo Spaceworld 1997 demos for Pokemon Gold/Silver have English translations yet?

16. I don't, but I do know there's a new trailer for Sword and Shield!!

Oh my gosh Alcremie is so cute. Rolycoly and Duraludon look great too. And this Gigantimax feature is an... interesting twist on things. Sort of a cross between Mega Evolution and standard Dynamax, I imagine.

I don't trust this Chairman Rose. After the Aether Foundation, there's a precedent for the criminal team not being Obviously Evil. Also, his facial hair reminds me of Leon's weird beard-thing. Are they related? (and by extension, is he related to Hop?)

• Winner x 2
  17. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Gamefreak. Gamefreak for the love of god, pick a feature and focus on fine tuning it. We do not need Dynamaxing and Mega Evolutions and Z Moves. Pick one and perfect it. Please.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  18. Well, this gen doesn’t have mega evolution OR z moves, so...

19. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE PERFECT SPOOPY CHILD? I AM ADOPTING HIM. MY LITTLE GOSTLY ONION.

• Agree x 2
  20. New Pokémon news today!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice