Catching all 151, er, 368, er ... a lot: The Pokemon Infodump Party!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by An Actual Bird, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I got a New 3DS for my birthday. I held on to the old one long enough to rescue all my legendaries off HeartGold and drop them into Black and send them to the Pokemon bank and on to Omega Ruby. Whew.

But I am so very, very pissed because apparently you can't back up/System Transfer Pokemon Shuffle and Pokemon Rumble World save data. I had all the Rotoms. I had Kyogre. I had Groudon. I had Rayquaza. I had Celebi. I had all the Safari Pokemon. I got Regirock the LAST DAMN DAY IT WAS AVAILABLE.

I HAVE TO FIGHT MEGA FUCKING GLALIE AGAIN.

At least I got Shaymin back and this round of Dailies but AAAARGH. And don't even get me started on the damn Poke Diamonds I paid actual money for to buy hot-air balloons in Rumble World that are now GONE GONE GONE.

2. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Hooray, I just beat Rayquaza in blue! I have to admit, I am... sort of confused?

So I took a bathroom break while the credits were rolling since it didn't look like there was going to be any story during them... did I fuck myself over? Because it ended with 'if you wish really hard you might meet again', then something about the story of original character + partner being over but the team still has stuff to do... then I hit continue and the original character is back in the pokemon world with no real reason as to why? And the partner has like NO comment, like this is the most normal thing in the world. What the??? Did I miss the story/explanation by skipping the credits? Cause that seems like poor storytelling, if not.

3. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

^That sounds about right. It's been a while since I played PMD Blue, but the post-game stuff is, uh, not well explained.
    IIRC it no longer registers you and your partner as actual characters once you beat it; you're just The Team. Or something.

Now go play Sky, which is so far the best PMD game of all time. Of all time.

4. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not terribly well explained, though there is a brief moment of celebration right at the end which it sounds like you might have missed? But yeah, still sorta confusing lol. I agree with birb- go play Sky, it is absolutely the best PMD game so far :D

• Like x 1
  5. Hobo

Yeah, I looked it up on youtube, apparently there's a small cutscene before the end of the credits where you're

floating up into the air, then you basically wish that you were back with your partner and then it happens and they run up to you and everyone's excited. GG potty break.

Anyway, I started sky, and while I'm pretty sure it's just like time with some extra episodes + more pokemon available, I am digging the shit out of playing phanpy. Holy shit he's so cute ;3; I love him, and ancient power is kicking arse. Am trying to pick more of the 'no let's not do the thing that we obviously need to do' options to check out what they say, and I have to admit I feel some ridiculous guilt about it when I'm telling my partner mon that I don't want to make a team with them or help them do a thing. TOO MUCH GUILT FOR NPCS. My brain is goofy like that.

6. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I decided to wondertrade away all my good pokemon and restart Y

What's funny though is the first wonder trade I had on my new save is a level 100 nidoran.
    Jokes on that guy though, I think nidoran are adorable. I'm keeping him. We can play games in amie.

• Like x 1
  7. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Awwww c: I remember probably one of the coolest wondertrades I've gotten was a shiny oshawott- my fave starter from that region <3 btw @liminal or really anyone here is there any Pokemon you'd want? I've completed the national dex on OR and I think I even have a couple legendaries that I've got multiples of, so if anyone is looking for something specific then just ask and I'll see what I can do!

8. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Z was finally announced, backhandedly. And there was much celebration.

9. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

@Starcrossedsky whaaaaaaa??? When did that happen? :D

Hopefully since Z is(should be) in the Kalos region we'll get the customization options again, I loved that.

10. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

There was a listing of nintendo's announcements for E3 that got leaked and Z was on there.

11. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Yaaaaaaaasssssss

12. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

FINALLY. I was starting to have my doubts despite Zygarde being a pokemon. I mean, last time around they went with B2/W2 instead of some kind of "pokemon gray" so I was worried that they were going to throw us another curve ball and not have a 3rd game at all.

13. Hobo

Hm. I'm seeing a bunch of fake announcements (legend of zelda: mountain of poultry?), but I'm not seeing any reporting done on pokemon z outside of speculation from months ago. Where is this stuff?

14. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

@Alska -national dex fistbunp- ::D
    what kinda vivillons fo you have? im collecting the patterns.

15. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Ummm modern, meadow, marine, polar, and high plain iirc. Just realized I'm not... Totally sure where my 3ds is at the moment. *fail*

16. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i've got pokeball, fancy, sun, modern, elegant (1 each) and a box full of continental patterned ones b/c those are native here.

17. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Nice :D modern are native here- when I find my DS would you wanna trade me a continental one for a modern one or something else? I might have two polars, so I could trade one if I do.

18. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

Second ranger all the way. It had a nice cohesive story, and I really like that it started in a school for some reason. For the same reason that I like that in PMD explorers started with being guild apprentices. It felt like a real starting place story wise. Also you get to be more naturally introduced to people and characters and infodumps don't seem as painful.

The second Ranger game is so much better than the first. They fixed a lot of the problems with the first one, mostly that you don't have to do all the circles in one go, but you sorta whittle their "HP" down. Also you get a big range of partner pokemon, and you can switch between them easily. omfg, Shieldon is so cute and the best 5ever.

Explorers just makes me cry. The ending is so sweet and perfect and omg time travel. Sky is definitely the best, with all the extra missions. God, never though I'd feel emotionally attacked to a Bidoof.

19. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Same, second ranger is my fave :D the infor dumps were still kind of annoying since I'd played the first one, but yeah, better than it could have been at least. And the fact that you didn't have to do all the circles at once made things SO much easier. The partner Pokemon were cute, but I'm really bad at learning how to use different assists, so they were pretty much just there to look cute for me(sneasel is my fave <3333)

20. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I really missed the choice of partner pokes in Guardian Signs, though have a Lati to ride was awesome :D

But my lil shieldon. OMG. I called him Laetissime (Means happiest in Latin) I want them to have more quality pokemon spinoffs. Something a little more darker and serious. Because I'm like that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice