Catching all 151, er, 368, er ... a lot: The Pokemon Infodump Party!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by An Actual Bird, Feb 28, 2015.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I have a deep and smoldering love for Ghost types, closely followed by Dark.
    Fairy type is pretty cool and has some really nice 'mons, but overall, there's lovely 'mons among all types.

2. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

I'm not too keen on Fairy types myself, though they're far from my least favourite type, and mawile is one of my absolute favourite Pokemon. My least favourite gen in terms of monster design is probably gen 4- too many evolutions for existing Pokemon, no starters that appeal to me, bidoof (this is a joke. I honestly kind of like bidoof).

3. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Lol well at least ten 4 doesn't have stunfish :D (also a joke- they are cute little derps lol) gen 5 had the same problem for me starter-wise. Well I mean, oshawott is super cute, but it's evolutions sure aren't.

4. Pumpkageist

I agree about oshawott- samurott just looks like an amateurish attempt at a fakemon to me- but I love snivy, and tepig is also charming.

edit: and stunfisk's cry is literally a fart noise, how can you not love that? :P

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  5. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

The thing that annoys me about Oshawott's line is that Dewott is pretty much the only starter middle-evo that I like, and then it turns into .... that. I came pretty close to not letting it evolve further because I was so annoyed.

Going to third the Ghost love. Something about them is really charming to me, probably because I like real-world ghost stories :P Bugs are also cute, but tend to not be very good which is disappointing.

6. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

I literally went the whole game without ever evolving my oshawott lol. I think part of the problem with its evo line is that it changes too much. Like snivy and tepig's evolution lines progress in a logical way, but oshawott to dewott is a big color scheme change, and then it's the only starter line I can think of that goes from standing on two legs to standing on four- for no real reason.

7. Pumpkageist

For me, dewott's not too big a change, in fact, it's just a taller, bluer oshawott, and I find that quite boring, like it doesn't change enough for me? Samurott, however, is far too drastic a change. Aside from having a whole load of unnecessary bits pasted on, It barely even looks like it belongs to the same line.

8. winterykite

Like a Digimon?

9. Pumpkageist

Hey, I used to like Digimon! (But yes).

10. winterykite

I still fondly remember the first two seasons, although the writing is a bit eh at times on rewatching it in my 20ies, but I still love the overarching plot and stuff. Watched Tamers and whatever the fourth one was in which they started fusing with their mons, but I haven't managed to get my fingers on those two again yet.
    But the evolution lines are a tad ridiculous at times.

(do we need a digimon thread)

11. Pumpkageist

I'm probably not the best person to ask, I never watched Digimon past the age of 13, mainly because that's when it stopped airing on terrestrial tv (:(), but I say go for it.

12. Pumpkageist

Sorry to double post, but is anyone playing Pokemon Shuffle or Pokemon Rumble World? If so, thoughts? Do we have a friend code thread?

13. winterykite

Playing both ::D
    Haven't touched Rumble World in a bit b/c I need to sort through my catches again, but I'm playing Shuffle quite a bit (and I'm decent enough at it to rank high enough in the comp's to get the mega stones)

I don't think we have a FC thread, but mine is 2208-5378-6381

14. Pumpkageist

No sooner do I mention friend codes and reach for my 3DS to post mine, than I discover that the battery's exploded and needs to be replaced. >.<

15. winterykite

naw shit D::

does it at least work if you have the battery out but the 3ds plugged in?

16. Pumpkageist

At least I think that's what it is. The back of the system's sort of bulged and it won't charge.

17. winterykite

oh
    oh dear
    that does not sound good D::

18. Pumpkageist

Yeah, I think it's well and truly dead. Fuck. :/

... Anyway, returning to the thread topic, does anyone have a least favourite type?

19. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

It's not that I hate them or anything, but pure Bug or Fighting just don't appeal to me that much. Probably because I have a bias towards cute pokemon and there aren't very many that seem cute to me in those types.

20. winterykite

fighting type has the highest ratio of uninteresting mos imo, although i was always partial to hitmontop, and later mienshao. well, exceptions confirm the rule.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice