Catching all 151, er, 368, er ... a lot: The Pokemon Infodump Party!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by An Actual Bird, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

In my case, it's hard to pin down my least favourite type- Bug, maybe? I find Normal quite boring, too, but generally Normal types appeal more than Bugs. I think the only Bug types I've ever bothered with are scyther and joltik.

2. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I mean, I adore Beedrill, and Larvesta are precious, but Bug just doesn't offer much else.

• Like x 1
  3. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

Probably steel types. I don't actively hate them or anything but I don't think I particularly like any steel types. Most steel types have a sort of machine/inorganic theme going on and that's not my jam.

Rock types would be one of my least favorites too, but there are too many fossil/prehistoric pokemon that I think are pretty cool.

I guess my taste in pokemon is best summed up as "You can't hug a rock".

• Like x 1
  4. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Ground types are probably my least fave- I can't think of any of them that I really like, whereas I can think of at least one Pokemon in every other type that I love

5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

*angry flygon fan noises*

• Like x 2
  6. liminal

I like a lot of bug types (any of the regional butterflies, ledian, ariados, yanmega, scolipede, dwebble, galvantula, volcarona) and would use them more often if they weren't so weak.

Ironically I am not a fan of bugs irl.

7. Pumpkageist

I'm not a fan of bugs irl, either, outright phobic of some of them, and I think that's coloured my opinion of bug Pokemon. Scyther has a more... lizardy... face, so it creeps me out a bit less. And I like spiders, though even if I didn't, joltiks are adorable. Parasects are impressively horrifying.

• Like x 1
  8. liminal

I live in the northeast where tick borne illnesses are practically an epidemic so even though Joltik is one of the most adorable pokemon ever I can't get the "AAAH GROSS A TICK" association out of my head so I will pick it's adorable tarantula evolution for "less creepy"

(I'm not sure how many people know that ticks are a type of arachnid?)

9. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Aw crap I totally forgot about flygon D: they're my bbies omg. First Pokemon I raised to 100 is a flygon. And it's funny- there are tons of ticks here and I don't even like to touch them to remove or kill them(I put them in a cup of water and microwave it to kill them lol)but joltiks are super cute to me for some reason.

Also, @Witch of Empty do you know about where the idea for paras/parasect came from? It's mildly horrifying, so if you don't wanna know I won't say.

10. Pumpkageist

I actually didn't know that, or that joltiks were based on ticks! :D

I always thought joltik was just a tiny fluffball spider?

Edit: Argh. Joltik. This is what the refrance.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  11. Pumpkageist

@Alska Is it cordyceps or something similar? D:

12. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Yup, exactly!

13. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Either steel or grass. Sort of hard to pin down, I think steel has more interesting designs in general but there's no steel type I really love, while with grass I think the designs are generally boring all around but I also really love Skiddo and have a soft spot for Bulbasaur. Eh. Probably steel, I guess? But empoleon is kinda cool... ugh.

14. liminal

I am having a crappy night, but this pic made me laugh hard enough to feel better:

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  15. liminal

So someone pointed at that there might not be a new pokemon game this year, but that's a good thing because next year is the 20th anniversary of pokemon and they might be working on something special.

I am torn between really wanting Pokemon Z because I love Kalos but my nostalgia wants to have FR/LG remakes for the 20th anniversary.

16. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

A Pokemon Snap remake would be amazing too *o*

• Like x 1
  17. Pumpkageist

I'm not that bothered about gen 1 remakes for the 20th anniversary, to be honest, though I certainly wouldn't complain if that's what they chose to do. I mostly want to know the deal with all the 'secret' messages in Lumiose City, and I'm hoping Pokemon Z would give us some more information about those. I would love a Pokemon Snap remake for the 3DS, though- it looks like a lot of fun, and I never got to play the original.

18. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Oh, there's going to be a new game this year, just not a main one- the new mystery dungeon game was confirmed to be coming out for the holiday season this year.

I don't know what I'd want to happen for the 20th... either of those sound really awesome, especially since one of the first Pokemon games I played was fire red.

EDIT: on second thought, Z seems more likely because they're doing a movie focused on Hoopa, and there's going to be a distribution event. I don't think it would be far fetched to guess that Hoopa might unlock something special when you transfer it over to Z when that comes out.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  19. liminal

Yeah, there is absolutely zero evidence of there being a remake of FR/LG (if anything evidence points against that happening, like being able to get the kanto starters/a lot of kanto pokemon in the most recent games) I just think it would be cool to do for their 20th anniversary. Plus I started with Pokemon Red so my nostalgia levels would be off the charts.

Alternative: release pokemon Z, and have Red or Blue on the virtual console. I know they have the pokemon card game on the virtual console already.

I dunno, I like to give away my consoles to kids I know who don't have them when I upgrade. It's been a tradition of mine since I gave away my pikachu GBC when I got my GBA. So now all I have is my 3DS and while I love the new pokemon games I do miss gen 1 and now it's the only games/gen left you can't play on the 3DS. So while I am not holding my breath for another remake in the future or a vitual console release, I think it'd be really cool anyways. Especially for their 20th anniversary.

If nothing else a FRLG remake after the release of Z would be nice to hold out while nintendo can come up with a new console that isn't "a 3DS with an extra button" part of the reason why gen 5 is so forgettable for me was that it was just another DS game and it wasn't THAT much of an improvement with graphics for it to really stand out.

20. Pumpkageist

I'm hoping they'll remake D/P/Pt at some point in the near future, though maybe not for the 20th anniversary (not only that, anyway)- I don't think gen 4 was well-liked enough as a whole to justify that. I do think that FR/LG and HG/SS seem somewhat dated already, mostly because of the huge graphics change between gens 4/5 and gen 6, and wouldn't mind seeing them remade in full 3D.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice