Catching all 151, er, 368, er ... a lot: The Pokemon Infodump Party!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by An Actual Bird, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Thinking about it, as I recall, professor Oak is the original creator of the Pokedex. Wouldn't that make him filthy, disgustingly rich by now?

2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

perhaps

or perhaps he looks at all the money he's getting and just...funnels it all into research

3. Lebesgue Integreat

Must be some crazy research given that he is in theory the sole patent owner to a device that the entire world uses.

• Agree x 1
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I mean, Pokemon has a lot of Big Deal tech that's just available universally for free, like the PC network or however Pokemon Centers heal your critters.

• Agree x 2
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Have you seen the kind of research hijinks Oak gets up to. Also his grandson runs around with his own car and a cheerleading squad for his first several months of being a trainer. Even if Oak himself doesn't live by extravagant means, his fam sure does seem to.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  6. Lebesgue Integreat

Hmm, this is fair. I suppose it's more of a question is a Pokedex more along the lines of a PC or is it more along the lines of Important Items, which do have costs.

7. LadyNighteyes

Hypothesis: Oak is the heir to a Pokefortune and has created an endowment to pay for free Pokedex distribution and that's why people hand them to random ten-year-olds. The creators of every competing product are livid.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  8. Lebesgue Integreat

I love it.

• Agree x 1
  9. Pokémon Let’s Go obtained! This shall be a source of joy for me during a rough time for our family.

I got my Eevee, I named her Eva :^)

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. LadyNighteyes

...uh. Professor. Are you okay.

Screenshot_20181116-160300.png

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    • Witnessed x 4
    • Winner x 2
  11. Lebesgue Integreat

He's just surprised, you can see he's making the 0_0 face.

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  12. Lebesgue Integreat

Pokemon Let's Go confirmed for most gorgeous game in the franchise because HOLY FUCK.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. Lebesgue Integreat

THE FIRST DAY OF THE RELEASE THIS MAN CATCHES A SHINY POKEMON WHAT THE FUCK. Fun fact, they sparkle in the overworld so are easily visible.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  14. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Are the features to pamper ur pokemon good

15. Lebesgue Integreat

From the little bit I've seen the petting is roughly the same as in Sun and Moon. Eevee looks Adorable in Red's hat and coat. Other than that I know nothing yet. I sadly do not own a Switch so must satisfy myself with Let's Plays.

• Like x 2
  16. Everything about it is great. On top of petting and feeding your pokemon berries, you can have other party pokemon follow you around on the overworld and they interact with the environment similar to in HG and SS. If you battle with Eevee in the lead they crawl along your arm before you swing it and they jump at the enemy.

• Winner x 5
  17. This captain really out here chopping down trees with his mind

• Like x 1
  18. LadyNighteyes

Very important Pokemon Let's Go video:

I'm not sure which my favorites are- Alola Sandshrew bouncing around like a crazed hockey puck? The caterpillars and Slowpoke getting left behind because they can't keep up? Ekans? Machamp carrying you on its shoulder? Cloyster and Shellder scooting along backwards like actual shellfish? Krabby and Kingler scuttling along sideways? Porygon lagging glitchily forward? The eternal fountain of hilarity that is Alola Exeggutor? Literally everything that lets you ride it? Snorlax going full-on Totoro?

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. Lebesgue Integreat

I Love the pokemon that are so excited that they just run ahead of you.

• Agree x 5
  20. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

MEWTWO BIG

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice