Catching all 151, er, 368, er ... a lot: The Pokemon Infodump Party!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by An Actual Bird, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

FUCKING MELMETAL THOUGH, IT'S MORE JACKED THAN MACHAMP AND TALLER TOO.
    Also, tell me Omastar doesn't look like the literal Boogeyman coming to get you.

2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

He's excited to be included.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Lebesgue Integreat

Hot takes:
    Agatha is a poison type trainer.
    Lance is a flying type trainer.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. LadyNighteyes

I've always liked how the Poison gym in R/B/Y is full of people with Drowzees even though G1 has approximately 70 gazillion poison-types. I theorize that the PC wandered in in the middle of a hostile takeover.

• Like x 2
  5. First off, how dare you (jokingly)

Second, they basically run into the same problem that whatshisface of the elite four in diamond and pearl did. The fire guy? Name escapes me.

They had s fire type member of the elite four, but aside from heatran and the infernape line, there was only one other fire type in Sinnoh- the Rapidash line. So he got a bunch of random Mons, then in Platinum they added more native fire types.

6. Lebesgue Integreat

Ooooh that's a really great theory. I haven't heard it before. So like Sabrina is out here trying to get more gyms for herself?

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. Lebesgue Integreat

Oh yeah I remember him, also did you mean Magmortar? Because Rapidash is gen 1. But yeah, there were just not enough ghost or dragon types yet to really facilitate whole ass elite 4 member teams. Like Lance calls himself a dragon tamer. But in every generation he has a team of flying types (granted who would have been dragons if it didn't absolutely break the game).

• Like x 1
  8. LadyNighteyes

Or honestly just anyone who understands type matchups

• Agree x 1
  9. Lebesgue Integreat

Also can I just say how fucking hilarious it was that Lance went "your opponent will be none other than professor Oak" . . . "well not really". The man I'm watching got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad at it. But like. Come on. We have known from gen 1 that Oak has 0 interest in battling, AGATHA TELLS US THIS STRAIGHT UP IN THE ROOM BEFORE. It's not that they see the fanbase and don't care. It's that they see the fanbase and go "fun idea but did you fucking forget who this man is". And they did that in the absolutely funniest possibly way and I am HERE for it.

• Like x 1
  10. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I just got pokemon lets go on Christmas (and a switch). My question: is the daycare made so you can't breed at all? Like... do any options unlock later or is there just no pokemon breeding in this game?

11. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

No breeding at all.

• Informative x 1
  12. No breeding, no abilities, no held items (but mega stones still work, somehow). Kinda like the original games, honestly.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

My understanding is that Oak was planned to be a secret final battle waaay back in the beginning, and is actual set up as a trainer in G1 game's code. But it was cut, probably because of above reasons. This hasn't stopped certain people from wanting it to happen anyways.

• Informative x 1
  14. Lebesgue Integreat

Just to make sure that it doesn't catch anyone unawares, would you mind respoiling the quote from me and also your response?
    I heard rumors about that a long time ago but I have since figured Oak being a secret battle was like the "defeat the Elite 4 100 times in a row and get your own gym in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I didn't realize it was actually a thing that had sort of happened.

15. LadyNighteyes

You don't know how tempted I was when I finished the last stage of the Mew quest in Pokemon Go to find a van to AR it under.

• Winner x 2
  16. Lebesgue Integreat

I feel that, sadly I was in a park at the time and it was all but dead, so no vans to be found.

17. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Oak is indeed coded in the Red/Blue games as a trainer, with three possible rosters, each one using one of the starters!

He's trainer class hex 1A, his battle sprite is used on the new game intro sequence, you can battle him with the Ditto trick trainer/fly variant with a special stat of 226 (or a few other glitches but then you can't select his roster and he's likely to pull out a glitch roster), and you need to change the attack modifier to -4, -5, or -6 to battle a valid Oak roster (-4 for Charizard, -5 for Venusaur and -6 for Blastoise).

Invalid rosters pull pokemon from other data, including but not limited to other trainers' rosters; so if you use, eg, the Old Man Glitch to battle Oak, he might have a valid Oak roster, or someone else's roster, or a roster containing glitch pokemon, or even an entirely empty roster!

• Informative x 5
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

After holding out for a whole 24 hours, I’ve decided to give in to temptation and get a pokemon game. Should I go for X or Y? Currently leaning towards X because the deer is pretty and there are dogs, but Y has the ammonite from that one meme and I do like a lot of Dark types

edit: ammonite, not arthropod, I am filled with shame

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  19. Go for the memes

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. Lebesgue Integreat

Honestly get anything except X and Y, they're the worst games of the series.

But really though, I would suggest Y for dark and also memes.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice