Cats Vs Ghosts: Guild Wars 2 Lore

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Ouija, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

So there's a general thread about the game itself but I really, really like making characters and stories to them and basically I'm scream about that in here.

This is my current child:

[​IMG]

He started out looking like this:

[​IMG]

...Which is a female toon. See, I wanted to use a total makeover kit on him, but I liked ZERO of the male default features, so I chose to play him as a girl until I went ahead and grinded the gold I needed for the makeover kit with the special hair, faces, and restricted colors.

But then, while going through the personal story, this happened:

[10:47] MP: http://puu.sh/nIOjH/debed90dcd.jpg im crying all he asked was if i had a cold
    [10:48] MP: her response was just WHAT YES IM A GUY WHATS YOUR DAMAGE

[10:59] MP: im starting a new charr
    [11:00] MP: ash legion this time
    [11:00] MP: had to pose as flame legion but (atm) my toon is female [[context: flame legion is sexist, hates females]]
    [11:00] MP: so she dressed up as a male and spoke in a low voice and the sentry was like "do you have a cold whats wrong with your voice" and was met with "IM A MAN"
    [11:02] MP: ash legion: known for being spies
    [11:02] MP: ash legion: also fucking awful at spying, apparently

And then I decided "well what's stopping him from just being trans?"

[3/17/2016 3:21:56 PM] boogeyman threeway: TRANS CHARR IS EXCELLENT YES I LIKE THAT
    [3/17/2016 3:22:49 PM] steve uchiha: "you mean i can do that??? just. be a guy? (looks at useless cat bra) (takes it off) ok im ready"
    [3/17/2016 3:24:26 PM] boogeyman threeway: "this was a great idea i'm going to do this forever"

Izem's a Revenant, which is funny because he's also tiny and skinny and I just want him to be this runty little scrapper. Soulruiner doesn't want to ruin souls, he wants to understand them. What the flip. Fight with them.

but I have at least three characters with fully fleshed out stories. This one's just the newest.

God I love lore. I love picking it apart to make actual characters out of my toons. Most other MMOs don't give me this sort of immersive feeling?? Does anyone else do this?

Also paging Dr. @Ruevian

• Like x 5
  2. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

[​IMG]

oh no your charr is KAWAII AS FUCK! I love the idea of a trans charr, especially since there's not as much sexual dimorphism in the race as you'd see in other MMOs.

You are definitely not alone in needing lore to make characters so you can feel immersed! I play a bunch of MMOs and the only ones I ever really stuck with were the ones where I felt I could make a character with backstory and motivation and such. Re: guild wars, my salad elf guardian has a personal connection with Trahearne because you will stop me shipping characters with NPCs when I'M DEAD. And, I mean, the way GW2 has personal stories? No other MMO really does that, it feels like. Not to the same extent. It's like the game is shaped to get you to plunge headfirst into making your characters more than just a video game avatar.

• Like x 2
  3. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

There's little dimorphic differences in charr that makes fleshing Izem out so interesting to me. Female charr have tail fluff (the white fringe in that screencap, the white is for ALL female charr, and doesn't change color if your coat is different) all the way down their tail, while males have the typical lion tail-- some fluff, not white, and mostly bare until the end poof.

His horns are also facing the entirely opposite direction, so like. Imagining he spent years forcibly directing his horns via some kind of splint or something to change direction is just. He probably spent a lot of time trying to do things. Lack of fangs = filed down? Baby teeth fell out? Who knows. I'm calling shenanigans on the complete face change due to the fact that I picked the face that charr female cubs are modeled with. So he totally didn't hit Cat Puberty yet.

Sylvikka is my only fleshed out 'Vari (Avikka + Sylvari = I have a chance to PUN)

Reaper/Necro Salad Deer Whisperer. Who also got a toon change, but only for aesthetic purposes (since he was based on my OC, who no longer had a purple scheme but a Red one, and because I FUCKING HATE MALE LIGHT ARMOR GOD FUCKGIN)-- I decided to go from this

[​IMG]

to this

[​IMG]

Nyteil is my only other fully-fleshed out Lore Baby. Also a cat. >.>

[​IMG]

She has a pet hippo she found while trawling through the mists and he's the worst cat but he's her son don't talk smack about him, her Band name is Shieldgore for a reason.

• Like x 3
  4. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

More mundane worldbuilding, ft. Dynami, @jashindamnit's Charr

[1:06:01 AM] steve uchiha: imagine dynami walking in on izem "what are you doing"

"burning my bra"

"havent you been "izem the male" for years now why are you only just doing this"

"no i do it a couple times a year with only one bra at a time. its relaxing for some reason"
    [1:06:14 AM] starfucker: omg izem
    [1:06:15 AM] starfucker: I LOVE

• Like x 2
  5. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

GW2 nonsense again because Super Adventure Box is back.

And for some reason, instead of choosing the goblin child I have for the small camera angle, I picked...Izem.

Izem's running this course.

And if you can imagine him waving this stick around at pixel characters, just yelling about how Asura are messed up and WHY DOES HE HAVE A STICK, then.

This is so far my experience with the game, lolol

[​IMG]
    Izemsbitchpleaseface.png

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Like x 2
  6. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can't stop taking pictures of my son and his incredibly done face.

• Like x 2
  7. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

I don't really have stories for my main characters - I'm not sure how to get those.

But if we're talking about lore then I recently learned why Malchor's Leap is called that and it is super sad

8. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@Socratease I just kind of follow the plot of the personal story, imagine "now if my character were real, what choices would they pick?" and dont (for the most part) pick things I haven't done simply to complete all the facets of the story. I've gone through the story three times now, and there haven't been more than three options to pick from (that I remember), so I managed to find middle ground after the race-stories (which I've gone and made characters solely to finish the achieves for those).

Izem's an Ash Legion Revenant in the priory. His thing has become taking the path of least resistance, while still getting the job done. He'll grumble about dirty work but he's a charr, so he's not OPPOSED to it. He belongs to the Ruin warband. Soul is sort of a tie in to the fact he works with the Mists and spirits.

Nyteil is a Blood Legion Dragon Hunter/Guardian in Vigil, so she's all brash and brawn, the Legionaire of her warband. Her 'band uses "gore" as the tie-in, and she's their shield, more or less? Definitely acts before she thinks a lot of the time (hence why she has a hippo and thinks nothing past him being a terrible cat, and not. well. a Hippo...)

I'm pretty sure I made Avikka a Dusk-cycle sylvari? I remember not picking Night, but Night would have fit as well. But he's based on my already-established OC, who's very curious but reserved nonetheless, so he immediately became part of the Whispers. He's also super young! Probably a yearling or two, though I haven't established him much outside of an RP or two that became null.

• Like x 1
  9. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

[​IMG]
    I can't remember what order I put her in, but Adisa Skaersvard is an Old Norse name! Or rather, Adisa is old norse for a (wrathful female) god, and Skaer means isle, while svard is sword. So she's a wrathful god of the sword isle.

She's a follower of wolf, and adorable to boot.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice