Chills, Thrills and Spills: A Horror Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Newlyread, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

i remember that the boy made me week inconsolably and other than that it wasnt nearly as eerie as i thought it would be? mostly i was just sad :^(

2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

saw the nun!
    it was okay. i fell asleep during both conjuring movies, so maybe i would have liked this better had i been able to watch those?
    but there was a scene that was so absurd it made me burst out laughing, so. yknow.

3. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

HOLY SHIT
    "HUSH" IS SO GOOD
    GODDAMN
    BADASS DEAF LADY, STANDING OVATION, I WAS LEGIT ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT TILL THE END OF THE MOVIE
    shit
    excellent
    pleased

• Agree x 3
  4. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Terrifier was pretty entertaining. It's just a good old fashioned Gore/Spooky shit for the sake of it instead of trying to be anything deep which I appreciate. Sometimes you just need to watch a creepy fucking clown slasher flick. There were even some pretty funny moments in there.

Bleed was interesting. Not the best, but was entertaining. Heads up/warning if you watch it:
    there is pretty much a rape scene and some pretty threatening shit towards a child as well.

5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

They're back, mothertruckers! What does it mean :0

• Like x 1
  6. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Aw hell XDD

• Agree x 1
  7. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

I watched Nails and The Boy earlier this week! I'm inclined to agree with your ratings, too, like, both were okay... and that's about it? Nails... I appreciated the main character's wit, but the climax was... eh.
    Like, he's killing everyone, okay, why now, though?
    I think they used the same shot for most of the jump scares, too.
    The Boy...
    I was loving it until the twist. At this point, I think it'd be more subversive to play a haunted doll story straight.

The reason I actually came to this thread, though?: I just found a bunch of full and un-butchered episodes of Rod Serling's Night Gallery on Dailymotion! Old school creepfest, fuck yes.

• Agree x 1
  8. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Big Agree for the spoiler info on The Boy.

9. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

i love this kinda shit

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'm looking for recommendations for spooky but not super scary games/experiences/media! My husband wants to do "Halloween-feeling stuff", but he's very much not into scary things. He won't watch horror movies, Silent Hill scares him, and he gets freaked out easily. This is probably a tough task, but if anyone can throw me some very mildly scary recs I'd appreciate it. Jumpscares a definite no.

12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Can he handle mild body horror? Cause i think maybe beetlejuice or nightmare before christmas could be some fun halloween stuff.

13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I think he could handle that! Especially since it's not presented in a super realistic way.

• Like x 1
  14. KingdomByTheSea

KingdomByTheSea Well-Known Member

If he's interested in/not opposed to kids' movies, Disney Channel has put out a lot of fun Halloween movies. I enjoyed the Halloweentown trilogy, and I think it holds up for adult viewers even without the childhood nostalgia I have. (Can't guarantee no jump scares since I watched them a while ago, but I don't think there are any). Hocus Pocus is also a fun Halloween film! Here's a list with more Disney Channel recs

• Like x 1
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh! The original jumanji is a good choice too, it has some violence, but no jumpscares or gore

• Like x 1
  16. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Haunt the house: terrortown.

Is a simple, kinda repetitive game where you a cute little ghost trying to terrorise people out of a bunch of environments.

I believe the haunted house level is available for free online

• Like x 1
  17. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Horror folken, which of the Japanese Ring movies are any good? I went from the American The Ring to the Japanese of the same name, and was disappointed with a sad little ghost story with maybe one or two mild creeps, and didn't look further. I have a vague memory of watching Ring O as a nerdy teenager fresh into horror, but I don't remember if it was any good.

Sincerely, a j-horror fan who is hosting a scary movie marathon on the 23rd and is Very Concerned he might have run out of stuff people have already seen.

18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Ring 0's probably my favorite of the things because it's like a tragic love story and I love me the fuck out of those. Also I like Sadako's backstory stuff in general. It's part of the appeal of the character. Ringu 2's...ok I guess? Not one I remember terribly well, personally. I haven't watched Rasen, though given the content of the novel its adapting it might be worth looking into? Spiral is where the books start to get to their most bizarre areas, which for me are the most fun ones with the franchise that aren't Sadako's backstory in Ring 0. The Sadako 3D's I haven't watched, nor Sadako vs. Kayako. I have heard that Sadako vs. Kayako is at least a fun watch. It's a monster movie vs. flick through and through though. Again, just based off what I've heard.

• Useful x 1
  19. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Not my bag, but in case anyone else likes the look of these '3'

• Like x 1
  20. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Jordan Peele’s Us has a trailer now, and it looks awesome!

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice