Chills, Thrills and Spills: A Horror Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Newlyread, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

:000 hell yeah, the original movies are so fun! I have high hopes

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  3. Wormwitch

Some of the scenes in this movie got to me. I can't watch anything where bugs crawl around inside people. :ohnoes:

4. Wormwitch

The Banishing isn't very scary, but it's a pretty movie. If you're trying to get someone into horror and they don't like gore or jump scares this is a good movie to start with.

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Wormwitch

Savageland is a really scary film considering nothing really happens onscreen outside of photographs. The implications are enough.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. Wormwitch

My September Horror Pack came! Movies I got: Us, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Wakewood, Tremors: A Cold Day In Hell, and The Last Laugh. Out of the five of these I've only seen Wakewood, and I liked that movie.

• Winner x 2
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

My boss (a haunt creator and escape room coordinator) says killer klowns from outer space is a cult classic and should be a staple in any horror fans arsenal. I've not seen it myself though

• Informative x 2
  8. Wormwitch

I can't see this without thinking of weeping angels, so I went into this movie expecting supernatural something. So everyone at this lodge has mysteriously vanished, leaving all their things behind. There's ice in the lake even though there shouldn't be and there's also no animals around. And no bugs either, so whatever happened made everything vanish. One guy makes the smart decision to leave, but his car is out of gas.

Two people have already vanished, but they've decided not to leave. Now another guy has disappeared and she barely took her eyes off him, he just ducked down behind a counter and then he was gone. Maybe it's aliens? They took their eyes off her when they opened the fridge door and now she's gone too. Now one of them shot the other. Gunman tries to leave with his wife (?) now he's gone too. It snowed at some point even though it shouldn't be.

They've split into groups again which is a bad idea. Why did you take your eyes off of her, she was right next to you?! Oh shit someone's knocking at the door. One of the guys just reappeared randomly, claims he blacked out woke up when it was already dark out. Gunman shot him to try to get answers and then dragged him outside, now he's gone too. It's down to only 4 people. Now the gunman's shot himself so it's down to three. The phone's ringing, maybe they can get help. Trying to call 911.

3 hours before help arrives, wonder if they can make it. The lights just went out! Ok they've got candles that's fine. Aww he was going to propose to one of the women, but now she's gone. Going to the bathroom and they have to stare at eachother so no one disappears, awkward. Now it's down to two. Now down to one. Still haven't found out what's causing it. The sirens are coming, but she's probably not going to make it. She made it, and the cops are here. Don't know what they are going to do.

Welp all the cops and emt just vanished. And now she's gone too. What a downer.

9. Wormwitch

I can't tell if this horror movie is glitchy because of my bad internet or if it's supposed to be that way because it takes place in a haunted asylum. Has anyone seen Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum?

10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Is it me or does the monster in this /x/ story read more like it's trying to get help than eat the guy? I mean, it's obviously hurt, the narrator says so!

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

12. Wormwitch

This popped up in my youtube recommendations and it's probably the most anxiety inducing thing I've ever watched. It reminds me of that liminal spaces horror game.

• Agree x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Yeah the backrooms stuff fucks me up so I don't fuck with it much, but it has a lot of cool random lore scattered over youtube

• Informative x 2
  14. Wormwitch

For those of you who have a Shudder subscription check out Woodlands Dark and Days Bewitched, it's a documentary about folk horror and it's really good!

15. Wormwitch

Psycho Goreman is what happens when you combine Ivan Ooze and Lord Boros. Despite the name this movie was less gory than I thought it would be.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  16. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

It's such a fun movie.

• Agree x 1
  17. Wormwitch

It's such a great movie, I'm glad I got it in one of last years horror packs!

18. Wormwitch

Just finished watching Lake of the Dead and the ending confused me, but other than that it was really good! It gave me Ubume no Natsu vibes for some reason.

19. Wormwitch

Ended up rewatching Woodlands Dark and Days Bewitched. Followed that up with Eyes of Fire and Alison's Birthday. I'm just going through the folk horror collection on shudder and I'm surprised at how much I like these movies? I never really thought about folk horror as a subgenre that I would enjoy as much as found footage horror movies.

But I'm realizing now that the majority of horror that I've watched and liked over the past year or two has been split evenly between folk horror and found footage. And folk horror/found footage movie Noroi was probably my favorite of them all haha.

I can't figure out why I like these movies so much. Normally I get super distracted with slower movies like Eyes of Fire was, but instead I was glued to the screen the whole time.

• Like x 1
  20. Wormwitch

Been watching a lot of horror this week to relax.
    Jug Face: 3/5
    The Medium: 4/5
    Caveat: 4/5
    The Last Thing Mary Saw: 3/5
    The Advent Calendar: 2/5

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice