Chills, Thrills and Spills: A Horror Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Newlyread, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Children of the Corn remake.

• Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  2. Wormwitch

This looks interesting!

3. Wormwitch

The Company of Wolves is now on shudder. Time to rewatch one of my favorite movies!

• Like x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Did anyone else see m3gan? I was honestly really excited for it but couldn't even finish it, not because it was too scary but because of a particular scene that upset me about half way through. Before that though I sadly wasn't very impressed by the plot, it felt done to death and predictable. If anyone doesn't mind spoiling the ending for me I would actually appreciate it because I'd like to know how it wrapped up. I think I know how it ends up though through guessing:

Pretty sure there's a standard defeat of Megan but the assistant who stole the schematics sells them and tons of more Megans or Megan-like toys are made? Again, I'm guessing

5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I keep watching this video over and over since it came out, I'm a little obsessed. Tw for extreme body horror and probably bugs cause a lot of the ghoulies are kinda insect-ish:

6. Wormwitch

Anyone else watching From on mgm+? It's pretty good.

• Like x 1
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Has anyone else seen Renfield? The trailers played it as a horror comedy but it turned out to be a deep dive look into codependency and how to break away from abusive relationships with narcissists. Wasn't what I signed up for but was honestly a kick in the teeth wrt the fear of standing up for yourself and/or getting somewhere safe. But aside from gratuitous gore and mutilation it wasn't very scary in a traditional sense, which was dissapointing. Nic Cage as dracula was particularly fun though

• Agree x 3
  8. Wormwitch

No idea what happened during In the Earth but it was a really nice looking movie.

• Like x 1
  9. Wormwitch

• Winner x 1
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

YES! I am so hyped for that, it's one of my all time favorite horror pieces and I love the way it's looking as animation

• Agree x 1
  11. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

hi so my recent insanity about horror has been some analog stuff that is just. SO good. for this particular post though im gonna geek out about urbanspook- whos on youtube and does an amazing fucked up horror series that...doesnt really have a title. BUT its about an unnamed someone finding old VHS tapes which go into detail about the timeline of a horrific serial killer who leaves paintings of their victims last moments at the scene of the time

the soundscape is what gets me about this thing the most, tbh. you can tell that the creator is more confident in their work because it gets! viscerally upsetting at several points! like WOW!!! :ohnoes:

all the videos can be found here

content warnings for: gore, violence, body horror, nonexplicit sexual assault of a minor, nonexplicit beastiality, and im sure im missing some stuff so just go into it with a REALLY guarded mind

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice