Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Haha no, I do all that stuff too, I just was recently shocked at learning from Shiro that some of their stuff is not lip safe, and Shiro is a tiny tiny indie brand that takes a month to ship sometimes. so now I'm paranoid about it!

https://shirocosmetics.com/ I gotta admit half the appeal is that I have eyeshadow with Furiosa and Sailor Moon, etc, on them...

:)

Although I do have to be more careful than most folks because celiac disease. If I put something that has wheat germ oil in it on my lips I will be hurtin' for certain!

2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

ah okay no that's an obvious reason to be careful
    I'm sorry you ahve to deal with that D:

• Like x 1
  3. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

It's not that bad, I just have to read labels. Or ask other people to read labels, in the case of Korean makeup that doesn't come from an English-language website. :)

4. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Really loving the Wicked lippies. The colors are SO visible. Jury's still out on how long they last. When I wore Sinful for the first time I was in a hurry and instead of primer I put it on over my wax balm so it was REALLY smeary. Which I kind of expected, because wax. Then I wore Risque without layering it over anything because, again, in a hurry (but not right after balm) and it was decent but needed reapplication sooner than usual. Wore Sinful again today with primer but I need to check the mirror to see how much is left, which involves getting off my butt. But last I checked it was holding out pretty well.

Haven't tried Betrayal/Immortal yet (I don't remember which one I got. I should check so I can get the other one) because I have a ton of purple lipstuff. I know how I look in several shades of purple. But colors like blue and Maryam green are new and interesting and I'm trying to decide which ones I like/look good on me. Also if you have any recs for good lines/brands for fun colors please tell me :D

Anyone have recs for eyeliners? I have a hard time with them because my hands shake so damn bad and I've found some are more forgiving than others. And I can't wake up early enough to make @Pookydel do them for me. Her eyeliner game so strong, I'm mad jealous.

• Like x 1
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I feel like sinful really needs lip liner under it.

• Like x 1
  6. Lazarae

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out for a good liner for it. Risque definitely has better lasting power and doesn't bleed/smear as much, I think.

• Like x 1
  7. emythos

Oh, totally.
    I've got a clear one from urban decay that works well, but you can probably find a better/cheaper one somewhere. I think milani makes them?

• Like x 1
  8. Lazarae

How have I not heard about UD until now they have so much color. (They're expensive, that's why. But I am definitely putting a few things on my money-to-burn list.) I didn't know clear lip pencils were a thing! Will keep an eye out.

• Like x 1
  9. IvyLB

I bought a few things but I haven't actually gotten around to photograph my new stuff.
    I'm fast approaching actual-problem-territory with my ideas about how many highlighters is a reasonable amount to own. Bought two more which puts me solidly in the territory of five distinct highlighters (three cream, one compact powder and one loose powder), one scented glitter powder i use as a highlighter and too many loose glitter dusts for me to remember right now.
    I also bought a glitter mascara, an eyeliner and a lipgloss all with black sparkles. sparkle mascaras are super great.

• Like x 3
  10. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

i was at sephora a couple days ago with my mom (which is super dangerous during christmas time because sparkly everything) & apparently kat von d makes matte black liquid lipstick now. it's called witches and it's perfect. and then i found the most sparkly magical holographic lip gloss & it's called fuchsia mermaid and i love it and yeah, it was a good makeup day at sephora, man.

@Lazarae for eyeliner recs i find marker pens like this one the easiest for precise, perfect cat eyes, but on the downside they do tend to dry out & then they're useless. i know maybeline makes one pretty similar that's a lot cheaper so it's a bit less frustrating to have to replace it every seven months or whatever, but i don't know how it performs. also you might want to look into gel eyeliner? i find them tedious but if you use a tiny brush and brace your elbow it isn't very hard to get a good cat eye. you can also use cream eyeshadows with a thin angled brush for the same effect.

and UD's 24/7 eyeliner is my fav pencil, because oh my god the colors. i currently own a blue, gold, green, gunmetal & black. it's a problem.

• Like x 4
  11. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

Sephora is a dangerous place. Soo dangerous. But I love it so. I want all the Too Faced stuff. All of it. Their new melted frosted lipstick is amaze.

• Like x 3
  12. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i wish i could shop at sephora, their stuff looks really high quality *___* as it is, i never feel like i can justify dropping $20 on an eyeliner pen :"D

• Like x 1
  13. blue

blue hightown funk you up

what @rats said, also they sort of scare me! it's so.. well lit.. and modern looking.. full of women who look like they have their shit together...

• Like x 2
  14. emythos

Sephora is a fun place to go when you've got friends, but it's TERRIFYING on your own
    NO, MAN WITH FANTASTIC EYEBROWS, I'M FINE, GO HELP SOMEONE ELSE, NOT THE SMALL PERSON HIDING BEHIND THE NAIL POLISH

• Like x 2
  15. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

heh.
    my sister only goes to sephora for her ridiculously pale foundation.
    (they always end up coming back with some extras anyway cause she loves makeup)

• Like x 1
  16. emythos

The pain of being ridiculously pale, I know it well.
    And therefore have given up on foundation.
    #also i mean # i suck at transporting it and spend most of my time crashing at other people's houses #so i mean #super impractical

17. IvyLB

i fuckin hate foundation shopping
    even if i find one that's technically-my-shade it's a pink based shade because people think all pale people are cool toned. And I don't actually feel like blanking out my undertones everyday that's a terrible lot of effort just because foundation is uncooperative
    *bitches a little*
    *and by a little I mean a lottle*
    I can't really skip out on foundation though because my skin is super sensitive to unbarrier-ed outside influence and I break out and get terrible patches of dry skin if i don't wear at least bb-cream :') gotta love difficult skin sometimes.

• Like x 1
  18. emythos

Bb cream is nice, I like bb cream. I actually need a new one, my last one exploded in my purse D:

19. IvyLB

I feel a lot of bb creams try to do too much at once tbh it makes it hard to figure out which particular part isn't agreeing with my skin when I have a 5-in-1-miracle-bullshit-product and my face is freaking out in seven directions at once.
    But I like that almost all of them have at least a bit of built-in spf :v idk foundation stuff is stressful and stoopid and i want to be less of a toast-faced white kid. If I looked even a little less like I drowned half a year ago when I'm barefaced I wouldn't have this much trouble.

20. emythos

Yeah, I found one that is only a few things and works with my skin, and I'm sticking with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice