Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

-sniffs all of my makeup one at a time to figure out WTF IS IT THAT I KEEP SMELLING FOR HOURS every time I put on my face-

• Like x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

So one thing I love about the holiday season is that you can get makeup for pretty cheap from those little stocking stuffer makeup kits. Plus Walgreens was doing some clearance in the makeup section...

[​IMG]
    Five shadow sticks, one stick eyeliner, one eyeliner/eyeshadow combo thing, two liquid eyeliners (one is plain black and the other is sparkly black), five loose eyeshadows, and two lipsticks! Not bad!

• Like x 3
  3. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

@IvyLB what BB cream do you use? Because i think most of the korean bb creams i use are pretty yellow-based, I had trouble finding one that agreed with my pink piggy pale skin. Skinfood especially leans yellow a lot iirc

4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i use cheap as shit drugstore foundation rn cuz it's winter and i prefer a full coverage in the winter.
    i might try a korean brand at some point i keep forgetting because its a hassle with importing that stuff and all

5. witchknights

The stores I buy from are pretty easy to work with and have reasonable prices, so I buy most of my makeup from Korea nowadays :B
    image.jpg
    The one on the left is skinfood's peach sake bb cream, in the middle it's my foundation (MUFE mat velvet+ in Alabaster) and on the right its an innisfree (spelling?) bb cream that's my summer bronze color. My other skinfood foundations all sorta lean to that yellowish tone, I think.

Sadly I don't have the rest of my makeup with me run or I'd offer more comparisons ):

6. IvyLB

problem: i might get in trouble for banned ingrediences in cosmetics if customs decides to search my package.
    additional problem: I'm in europe and some sites might not be willing to send into the EU because of aforementioned banned ingrediences and so on.
    tertiary problem: I'm lazy about searching ingredience lists for skin lightening stuff which I really really do not need. My skin is already sensitive enough to the sun as is. from what i've heard from beauty bloggers it's more commonly included in asian beauty products than not.

But basically my current problem is lazyness.
    I am incredibly incredibly lazy about buying foundation and my current one works barely.

7. witchknights

Ooh right, that stuff complicates things. esp the banned ingredients :( I have no idea how to deal with that because customs here have other kinds of issues.

8. IvyLB

i could of course go to a real make up store like douglas and ask people for the lightest yellow toned foundation they have and pray it's not stupid much moneys.
    but uh
    lazy

9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

lazy is as good a reason as any.

10. emythos

in other news, guess who has two new lipsticks? it me.

• Like x 2
  11. IvyLB

lipsticks for the lipstick god?

12. emythos

>:D
    I got sugar plum fairy and 15b minutes aflame from wet n wild, both were on sale, and both work WONDERFULLY, and stay on forever. Which was a pain in the ass for my boyfriend, admittedly, because I forgot I had on a lipstick that was both dark and staining. oooooooooopppps.

• Like x 2
  13. IvyLB

hahahaha :D i know the problem of partners not actually being into my beautiful lipsticks staining their faces errrr :D it was already a problem with my red lipsticks i wonder what would happen if either of my exes were confronted with my blues :P

• Like x 1
  14. emythos

I once left the poor guy looking distinctly zombie-esque due to wearing the nyx key lime lipstick I have. Fortunately, he knew what he was signing up for in the lipstick department when we started dating XD I just need to carry around more makeup wipes.

15. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Ooh, Wet N Wild MegaLast, right? I LOVE that stuff, it's pretty much my go-to lipstick brand--goes on well, stays on well, and is cheap and easily found at any drugstore! <3

• Like x 1
  16. witchknights

sugar plum fairy is soooooooooooo pretty!!!

• Like x 1
  17. emythos

yesssssssssssssssss it the best. my favorite drugstore lipsticks by far. I just wish they had more fanciful type colors, cause they could do SUPER WELL WITH THEM AAHHHHHHHHH

18. emythos

it is! I need to get off my ass and post the selfies I've got, cause it's super nice

• Like x 1
  19. witchknights

i really need to get mine back from my mom's, not having all my makeup with me is just so sad

• Like x 1
  20. emythos

I understand that feel. (that's why most of my makeup travels in my purse at all times XD)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice