Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Oh no, those are all gorgeous. Nilla's is my favorite.

• Like x 2
  2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Is this the place to talk perfume? Cause I'm testing a bottle of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Dionysia that I got from Facebook and while I shouldn't be buying perfume, i am made of caffeine and bad decisions, and Dionysia sounded so good. So good.
    and it is so good i'm tearing up a little.

• Like x 2
  3. emythos

yes, it is
    and wow, that sounds nice.

4. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter literally Eevee

pops into this thread
    I used polyvore to come up with some outfit ideas for Adara, my Percy Jackson oc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I have established that she likes shiny things.)

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Like x 2
  5. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

i really love seeing people's oc outfits it's really interesting

• Like x 1
  6. chaoticArbiter

I really love making them because it just...gives me a better idea of who they are? I guess because I put a lot of who I currently am into my wardrobe. I use it to express myself and who I am. so my characters do the same, and so making a bunch of outfits for them, I come out going "I understand them so much better now!"

7. emythos

Adara still super adorbs
    Andddd now I need to make Lark's clothing.

• Like x 1
  8. Choco

i'm the same exact way! part of it is getting to live out fantasies of ways i would dress if i had a certain body type/infinite money, and part of it is exploring someone's personality through clothes and also visually representing my ocs in some fashion since i can't draw

9. chaoticArbiter

do it do it do it
    Adara dresses in lots of silver and gold and turquoise and purple and white, I've decided
    her wardrobe is mostly those colors, with some gray and black mixed in
    and she plays video games :D

yes, exactly! I love to explore the personalities of my ocs through clothes, and since I am not super imaginative when it comes to clothes, I enjoy getting ideas for things to draw them in in the event I do draw them. it's also fun to be like "ooooooh I would wear this if I had infinite money/the right body type".
    .....like those nebula galaxy boots in the second picture. I would so wear those. if I had ninety bucks. which I don't and probably won't for a long while.

• Like x 2
  10. Choco

so ngl but part of the reason i named my cyclops oc nilla is because she's me as a cyclops who can afford to dress how i would, thus Chocolate and (Va)Nilla

ahahahaha i'm so clever

11. chaoticArbiter

I like it, this is a good
    man if I could dress the way I wanted to.... it would be amazing...

• Like x 1
  12. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

• Like x 2
  13. chaoticArbiter

GASP
    IT IS
    HOW
    HOW DO I DO THIS
    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO
    I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK BOOTS DOES THAT WORK

• Like x 1
  14. Imoyram

Well there are like fucking millions of tutorials online for like, sneakers that you could ref off, but basically you get
    blues, purples, pink, and white paint
    sponges
    toothbrush
    black shoes

firstly TAPE THIGNS YOU DONT WANT TO PAINT, AND REMOVE LACES
    then you sponge on different blues and purples to look like nebula dealios, thats your big oll basic background, and add white cloudy stuff where you've put lighter colours
    add different space start/nebula stuff, whatever the heel you feel like, and the finishing touch is dipping a tooth brush into the white paint and flickingthe paint onto your shoe to make tiny stars
    if you get a big glob somewhere, edit it into another star thing
    seal it with something (idfk, i know this in theory, less practice) (you could probs find stuff online quickly)
    done!
    make sure your seal stuff is water proof so they dont get wrecked

• Like x 2
  15. chaoticArbiter

:D :D :D :D
    I am going to make so many pairs of galaxy boots

• Like x 1
  16. Imoyram

the nice thing about galaxy print is that noone is gonna go "THATS NOT SPACE DO IT RIGHT"
    so you dont have to worry about fucking up

also this works for basically anything you want to make galaxy print, though stiffer bases work better since they wont be wrinkling/folding and cracking the paint

• Like x 2
  17. chaoticArbiter

:DDDDDD
    I will make ALL the galaxy things

• Like x 1
  18. blue

blue hightown funk you up

A bit late, but @chaoticArbiter I made some galaxy stuff a while ago, here's the specific tutorial I used: http://www.autostraddle.com/how-to-own-it-the-queer-grrls-guide-to-the-galaxy-149697/ (scroll past the other fashion advice)

And here's the vest I made:
    image.jpeg
    If I did it again I'd go for more color variation, and also start with an actually black item of clothing instead of a medium-grey one.

(I did my Converse too. Their state of advanced disrepair was not helped by the bleach, but I do get compliments on them pretty often.)

• Like x 12
  19. chaoticArbiter

gesp
    it's so prettyyyyyy
    I WILL MAKE ALL THE GALAXY THINGS

• Like x 6
  20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I am attempting nail polish. I bought a couple of things on amazon, with a variety of colors, does anyone have any advice for me?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice