Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. kino

kino Active Member

Ok so, you can't actually make your hair grow any faster than it wants to grow. It'll grow at the rate that it wants to grow, but you might notice an increase in length with a decrease in time if you stop pulling at your hair and running your fingers through it for sure. I know it's hard to do, but maybe you can grab a spinner ring if you need to do something with your hands?

Also if your hair is mid-length now, try not to put stuff in it like headbands and pins and clips. Don't put it up in a bun. Elastics, no matter how gentle they claim to be, will pull hair out. It's just the way of things. Also don't brush your hair. Brushing yanks hairs out too. If you can, comb your hair while you're in the shower and while you've got conditioner in it so the strands separate easier.

I recommend trying Mane 'N' Tail : http://manentail.com/ Shampoo and conditioners. All of my friends with excessively long hair swear by it for strengthening and plumping up the individual strands.

Other than that, patience is key.

2. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

idk if you've come across her but Alb In Wonderland has the most beautiful cotton candy pink mermaid locks, she's cut it recently but it used to be super suuuuper long and beautiful and healthy, and she has a really nice n informative video abt how she got her hair so long. idk if you can Video but if it's something that'll help here it is:

for a few years i was on the quest for Mermaid Hair too but after awhile i got so sick of trying to take care of it, hair like that is very complicated and likes to tangle and requires a lot of brushing. i waited until it was long enough to cover my boobs and immediately chopped it all off, it was so freeing. but i understand the allure of the long beautiful locks, and i wish both of you luck on your hair-growing journeys, be strong my friends

oh and @Erica my friend used to do the same thing, playing with her hair like that, when she was anxious, and i kinda picked up the habit from watching her do it so often. maybe wearing a fiddly piece of jewelry might help? i'm thinking a necklace with a long tassel, you could get the same effect of running your fingers over the strands!! i find when i have a necklace that's long i'll play with that instead, and if you can find a Fun One with a jingly bit or something it can be like a little toy that is also pretty?

3. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
  4. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Why do all of e.l.f.'s beauty products smell like fruit loops...

5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

because other companies already called smelling like vanilla? idk

• Like x 2
  6. kino

kino Active Member

you will be interested to know that a lot of NYX's makeup smells like cake batter, and a lot of other lipsticks smell like red vines or cupcakes or lemon! Jeffree Star's line of lipsticks smells like rootbeer float.

• Like x 3
  7. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Oh no, I already want to eat my shower products....

• Like x 1
  8. emythos

nyx's makeup smells amazing
    I love it so

9. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Etude House has a full line of strawberry scented stuff. I'm wearing one of their nail polishes rn and it's awful and making me crave candy...

• Like x 1
  10. emythos

want
    want v bad

11. witchknights

http://www.etudehouse.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=strawberry
    http://jolse.com/product/search.html?banner_action=&keyword=strawberry

it's the berry delicious line. it's sort of last season's so you'll only find some stuff on ebay, probably, like the lip products, but everything is so cute and smells of my favorite candy............................

but speaking of etude house as a whole, i LOVE their stuff, especially the nail polishes and lip products.

• Like x 1
  12. witchknights

13. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

@Anomal(eee) told me when she got home that I looked like a lesbian punk fantasy, so of course I made her take pictures.

IMG_20160815_193621125.jpg

IMG_20160815_193630722.jpg

IMG_20160815_193656958.jpg bracer knitted by @asynch

• Like x 9
  14. witchknights

My last Shiro Cosmetics order arrived! I got Pole Vault with a Tiki Torch, Warboy, The Total Agony of Being in Love, Still Not a Planet, The Largest Moon of Still Not a Planet, Wrassle that Deer-Lookin' Thing, aand Nic Cage Resigned to a Loveless Marriage for the Good of the Realm, plus samples of That's Chess, Farewell Wherever You Fare, and Eeny Meeny Miney Burn! as freebies.

The Total Agony of Being in Love is SUCH a pretty color!!! it is, however, too goddamn dark on me, the uncooked bread dough. I have to apply it with the lightest of hands and the softest of brushes to get it soooooortof just slightly too "there". DEfinitely something for those days when i wanna make a STATEMENT.

Evidence isnt super good cause my phone camera is crap but trust me it's a bit too strong for what i usually wear.

14055746_1259157470763321_1444197002_n (1).jpg 14017965_1259165844095817_1746354630_n.jpg

14017584_1259157550763313_1642190564_n.jpg 14030958_1259157510763317_2017832336_n.jpg

• Like x 3
  15. blue

blue hightown funk you up

you look lovely!

man, I hardly ever wear eyeshadow but I fuckin love looking at it just for the colors. "largest moon of still not a planet" is so pretty! but would I wear it on my face? probably I am not confident enough for that. :P

16. witchknights

I really like it!! I'm thinking about using it as the inner corner of a ombre liner, cause i'm a little obessed with these at the moment.

• Like x 1
  17. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

one of my friends on instagram asked me what my skincare routine was and i thought it might be semi-interesting so here's the current line-up:
    [​IMG]
    i have super dry, easily irritated & sensitive skin, and moving to utah has wreaked absolute havoc on it, plus i've been having some struggles with acne. so i tend to favor products that are super gentle but deeply moisturizing, and no strong scents.

my normal routine is usually thus: first, a double cleanse w/ the DHC cleansing oil and then the korres one. then, if i didn't use my mia to cleanse w/ i'll exfoliate with the dr. g peeling gel. i've only used it once but it's ridiculously gentle and kinda fun (it gums up into these... kinda like eraser shavings? which sounds bizarre but they really work at exfoliating w/o irritating) and so far i'm digging it. then i follow with toner, mine is a random laneige one this really sweet chinese girl who works at the cosmetic counter of the asian market recommended to me, it's good for sensitive skin apparently. i like it but i'm not completely bowled over, when it runs out i'll probably try something new. then an essence, this one i literally bought because i thought the bottle was pretty, it's the mini version and i'm liking it so far, and then a serum, this is a little sample of the shiseido ultimune one i got as a 100 point gift from sephora but i probably wouldn't spend Real Money on, aaaaaand then, finally, if i'm not masking, moisturizer. i am v serious about my moisturizers guys. i was using the Dr. Jart+ ceramidin gel-cream which i really, really liked but now the jar is literally EMPTY (empty!! that has never happened before) so i'm trying the water drop one at the back there. it is a much lighter formula which i like under makeup, it literally does feel like a burst of water on your skin, but i feel like the ceramidin one is better for locking in the moisture. i might get another jar and use that as my night cream, it's so good. so good guys oh my god.

so yes, i went a little insane w/ the skincare. i decided to try out the infamous Korean Ten Step routine and i will admit it is a little ridiculous, but i think it's fun to spoil yourself sometimes, especially with skincare. to me it's an important part of self-care, and i notice i just feel better when my skin looks nice.

anyway, i'm super fascinated by what products people use, so if you wanna, show me what you guys' routines are like.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    • Like x 2
  18. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Hello I am camping in this thread now

*sits*

• Like x 1
  19. hanka

hanka the sweetest double agent

i have curly jew hair. looking for ways (besides my current cold water, minimal conditioner approach) to preserve the tight curls without letting my hair turn into an oily rat's nest. advice?

• Like x 1
  20. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I'm getting a haircut tonight. My hair is currently just past shoulder length and looks sloppy because the last "proper" cut had a lot of layers and they grew out funny. (I am bad at remembering to maintain haircuts - I went to Africa about the time I should have gotten a trim on my last cut and then kind of forgot about it for six months.)

I'm still waffling over what to do tonight.

Option 1: trim off the layer-y mess and go to something closer to a shoulder-length blunt cut. Good for continuing to grow out, would still be able to put it in a ponytail for exercising.

Option 2: Go back to the inverted bob style that I know looks pretty okay on me. Like this. Or this. Needs more maintenance than I typically give it, but looks neat for work and is a known quantity.

Option 3: Go short, something like this. I've wanted to try this for like 2 solid years, but I've never quite gone through with it because I keep hearing my mother's voice in my head questioning my choices. Would not stick to the back of my neck!

Questions for the thread! If you have the third haircut or something like it, what do you do to keep it out of your eyes when you work out? How often do you have to get it trimmed? Also soliciting opinions on which of the 3 would be best.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice