Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

They are gorgeous shoes :)

I love admiring pretty heals, although I generally can't really walk in them :(

• Like x 1
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

If only my feet were bigger, I'd take all of those off your hands

3. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

can i ask for advice? i have 2 sweater vests that i really like, one is dark blue (navy?) and one is maroon. what color shirts (button up) would look good with them?

4. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

white or gray with the navy, white or black with the maroon, or creme if you want to look a bit pretentious.

• Like x 1
  5. electroTelegram

thanks! are there any particular patters you'd recomend/recomend avoiding? or is a plain shirt better?

6. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Do the vests have any patterns?

• Like x 1
  7. Sethrial MacCoill

pictures of the vests would help

you'll also want to wear a tie with them, probably

• Like x 1
  8. electroTelegram

they look p much exactly like this one, but slightly less vibrant

9. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I think faint patterns would be fine, especially stripes. I also think pale, grey-ish pastels for shirts would look nice, but that's just me -- either the same hue in a different shade, or a complementary colors, like pale orange for the blue or pale green for the red, though that might come across a tad christmassy. And if you're gonna go with a tie, best to keep it simple with a plain shirt, since the tie will be what should draw the eye.

• Like x 1
  10. electroTelegram

11. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

so my colourpop order arrived literally the day I started impatiently checking the mail :) of course I tried the thing I was most excited about first

IMG_20170303_122914884_TOP.jpg

ultra matte lip in Dr. M! I've secretly wanted to try a green lip forever, but then my wife mentioned offhandedly that she wanted to try it too, and then it became a Makeup Priority.

IMG_20170303_123014881.jpg

My whole apartment's lighting is really variable, so I fussed with it in a lot of different poses and angles. I think next time I might do green-tinted face primer first, as in some lighting the selfies made me look unflatteringly pink. As it is, this is over bare skin, with light eye makeup (shitty various powder shadows I've hoarded) and a touch of highlighter because why not (also from the colourpop order - super shock cheek pearlized highlighter in flexitarian).

IMG_20170303_123112229.jpg

verdict - I love it! def something I have to plan more time to apply, though, because oh gods every mistake is blindingly visible. super worth the work!

end notes: I'm uploading these from my phone, so if they turn out problematically huge lmk and I'll pop them under spoilers. also, today is very much a Guy Day, so I'd appreciate any commentary/questions to use he pronouns if you need to use pronouns. thanks!

• Like x 9
  12. emythos

OH MY GOD IT'S WONDERFUL
    10/10 green lips
    NICE

• Like x 2
  13. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Excuse me sir i'm going to have 2 arrest u for... having really cool lipstick

Hot dang now I want to order some

• Like x 3
  14. emythos

also, i'd like to say the best thing about kat von d's poe lipstick is that it smells like girl scout cookies. it probably isn't meant to specifically smell like girl scout cookies but it does. i want more girl scout cookie lipstick

• Like x 2
  15. Sethrial MacCoill

makeup went well yesterday and i wanted to show off what i managed to do!

2017-03-02 13.00.33.jpg

• Like x 6
  16. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

mhhhhhHHHHHH i need that green lippie, dangit Kit

• Like x 1
  17. paladinkit

eee thank you everyone :)

it's really quite inexpensive ($6 usd, and fab quality for that price point) for me to get here, but I have no idea what international shipping/customs will do to that, ivy :(

also update pics - I was struggling to find outerwear to suit my "fabulously queer man with quirky taste" aesthetic I was going for until I remembered my sister has a cloak

(pls excuse terrible mirror)

IMG_20170303_130544806_HDR.jpg

special shout out to the arm warmers, hand knitted by (guess who) my sister

IMG_20170303_133846748.jpg

• Like x 3
  18. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

CLOAKS ARE SO GREAT
    and yeah international shipping will likely make it a paaaaaain i'll see about it if I have disposable income any time soon

[EDIT: AHHHHHH PLEASE DON'T POST STUFF BEFORE I'M READY KINTSUGI]

19. paladinkit

update the third: moirail highly approves of the look in general and my overall happiness, even if this shade of green isn't his fav.

more importantly, take look at how it held up through a grande latte and an entire sandwich -

IMG_20170303_160605623_HDR.jpg

hot damn I love colourpop how did I not find them before

• Like x 8
  20. paladinkit

update the fourth in my ongoing review of this lipcolor: just now, about 7+ hours after application, I felt the surface of my lips feeling really... sandy? when I took a drink from a glass. wiping the sandy feeling off on the back of my hand left an awful lot of green on the back of my hand, but going and grabbing a makeup wipe to clean up my hand and the faint amount of spare pigment smeared on my face left my lips looking as green as ever, just with ever-so-slightly softened edges. (Maybe I'll line them next time? I couldn't be bothered to find the sharpening pencil this morning.)

it still looks pretty fab, and even with this minor "problem," it still took an average work-shift's wear before there was anything that fazed this stuff. the stout in my glass is doing nothing. we're gonna test this on a bacon-topped burger next!

(no pics now because I am back in the Apartment of Terrible Lighting, without any sunlight even to compensate.)

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice