Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

it looks amazing

2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

It's a navy blue matte metallic and it's SO PRETTY. They had a green in the same collection but it was an eyeshadow pigment, sadly.

3. emythos

maybe someday a good green will be available in that line

4. I accidentally bought the same subpar orange lipstick twice and con is on Friday, help??

5. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Why is it subpar?

6. Spoiler for mobile upload of me in costume. This is me wearing the lipstick in question. It is not orange. It's like. Pearl from Steven universe's hair at best.

IMG_0341.JPG

• Witnessed x 1
  7. emythos

OKAY SO
    first of all, where did you buy it?
    also here are some options
    http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/lips/...p-color.html#sm.0000buszqkvl2erpzlp2crxyuwmh1
    http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/lips/...p-color.html#sm.0000buszqkvl2erpzlp2crxyuwmh1
    http://www.ulta.com/color-stay-just-bitten-kissable-balm-stain?productId=xlsImpprod4410269
    http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/on/dema...pid=NYX_201&dwvar_NYX__201_color=Foiled Again

• Useful x 1
  8. fractalLettuce

fractalLettuce a disaster cabbage

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  9. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I'm having another problem. I wanted to try green eyeshadow, but apparently I need three kinds of eyeshadow to do it properly! That would've been good to know, cosmetics clerk friend at work!

• Witnessed x 2
  10. emythos

Why would you need three kinds? Generally one and maybe some primer is good enough
    That or get green eyeliner

11. The top three "how to eyeshadow" videos on YouTube all say you're supposed to use three, a light shade for the eyelid itself, darker for the crease, then a third one either for below the brow or for shimmer on the inner eye. Is one shade of eyeliner gonna look okay? (And yeah I do have green eyeliner. It's... adequate)

12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You can absolutely only use one shade. The three shade thing is just what is fashionable at the moment. And one shade of eyeliner would be fine as long as it goes with your shadow.

• Agree x 2
  13. emythos

Yeah, I've always just worn one shade and it's fine

14. Hm. Okay. Thanks guys.

Sorry for being a jerk, I am in super stress mode getting ready for con. Which is tomorrow.

15. emythos

I understand, don't worry about it :)

16. Okay, stress time is over, initial makeup test with eyeshadow is done. I didn't do all the makeup (didn't even mascara my eyebrows black), but I did enough for these purposes. Can I get opinions on how I did on the eyeshadow and how I can improve? Thank you in advance.

Spoiler for Maryam

IMG_0490.JPG IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0483.JPG

17. emythos

I think you look really good!

• Like x 1
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Agree x 1
  19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh my god it's beautiful

• Agree x 2
  20. Lee

Lee i will face god and walk backwards into hell

lol late but, i think your maryam makeup is fantastic!!! id suggest blending out the top of your eyelid a little bit more, especially at the outer corner of your eyes (you can use tape in order to get a crease cut look if ya want). For the inner corner of the eye I'd suggest putting on a little light concealer/highlight to brighten up the eyes! Wonderful job done, by the way, it looks amazing.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice