Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

So, my skin is starting to clear up, I think, which clearly means it's finally time to try out makeup!
    [​IMG]
    So: would anyone have any tips for some feminine-looking makeup with that skin tone and hair color?

• Like x 3
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I'd say start small, don't go for ALL THE MAKEUP AT ONCE
    try maybe one or two things at a time
    maybe a pretty colored eyeliner and a neutral eyeshadow?
    i think a lipgloss or lipstick in like, a light pink would look nice.
    red lipsticks always look pretty, but idk if you wanna jump straight to Bright Red

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  3. palindromordnilap

Light and pastel pinks are pretty much My Aesthetic so that's actually great! :D

• Like x 2
  4. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

So I caved and bought a whole load from Born Pretty of the Dragon lip glosses (although they're emphatically not gloss, they dry down matte and stick like crazy - I have to take mine off with an oil based cream cleanser), would anyone like me to swatch them? I probably don't get maximum use out of them because Glam 80s Lipstick Boy is a sometimes feeling for me, but I do love them when I wear them.

• Like x 2
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

definitely swatch them, i'd love to see

• Agree x 2
  6. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Lip gloss in #08. Vaguely metallic in the tube, good colour payoff with just 2 coats. I have fairly naturally pigmented lips so they do show a slight cast.
    IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG
    Excuse pointy chinned disgrace face.

God, this stuff just lasts and lasts, though. I've applied this much further into the waterline of my lip than I could with either gloss or lipstick and it doesn't wear off much even after food and drink - anything oily will melt it a bit, but you can get a good number of hours out of a single application. A good buy for a paltry $1.99.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

0429171045_crop_457x231.jpg
    My new earrings are very cute <3

• Agree x 7
    • Winner x 3
  8. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

SO I'M FINALLY GOING TO LIBERATE MYSELF FROM LONG HAIR
    anyone know good websites to find references for hairstyles (stuff that I can just show to the hairdresser and be like "here I want this")?
    essentially what I'm going for is androgynous and minimal fuss

• Like x 1
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

For my short hair (which is pretty wash'n'wear), I usually search something like "very short pixie cut" or variations thereon in Google and just find an image I like. Sometimes multiple to say "Like this in the front, like this in the back".

10. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

See, idk how to describe what I want well enough for google to understand me, so I need a thing where I can just sift through a bunch of pictures

11. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

hi friends have clothing question
    so like....I want a jacket where the jacket part itself is normal jacket, no extra frills or anything, just one color and normal fabric and all. then I want the hood to have sequins or sparkle fabric or something on the outside of it.
    is it possible to find a clothing item like this (and if yes, where do you think I would find it--I've tried Etsy and general Googling and nothing so far), and if it's not possible, would just buying a regular jacket with no hood and then making the hood myself and sewing it on work? because the issue here is that I cannot make a jacket. I can make a hood! but I cannot make an entire jacket.

12. palindromordnilap

I guess you could even buy a jacket with a hood and sew on sequins or something like that.

13. chaoticArbiter

it's possible, I guess, but sequins are tiny and a pain in the neck to sew. it'd be much easier to make a hood with pre-sequined fabric or sparkly fabric, or even just straight-up buy a hood that's sparkly. like, that's an option, but also not one I like :P

14. palindromordnilap

I think an option might be to buy a jacket with a hood, remove the hood, and replace it with a sparkly one, because I'm not sure if a hood-less jacket with a hood sewn on would really work with the, idk, collar and stuff, I guess.

15. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Yeah I think your best bet is sewing a hood and attaching it to a jacket with like snaps or something. or if you are a masochist you can sew on all the sequins by hand onto the pre-existing hood, but I'd recommend against that.
    Good look with your diy/upcycle project!

• Useful x 1
  16. chaoticArbiter

thanks!! :D I think I'm gonna go with just making a hood from pre-existing sparkle fabric and then attaching it to the jacket.... sewing on the sequins by hand does not sound like a project I'd ever finish. ^^"

• Like x 3
  17. chaoticArbiter

no, it'll work fine as long as I get the right kind of collar on the jacket. and also, replacing a hood is actually going to be harder than just adding one--then I'd have to sew the hood to be specifically like the one I'm cutting off, and even then I'd lose fabric in the process depending on where I cut the hood, and I'd have to either sew up the cut edge or deal with it constantly bothering me--I can't just sew the hood right on to the very edge of the cut fabric, I'd have to sew it at least a little bit down, and then I'd have to do something specific to make the edge not bother me, and yes, I have to do that either way, but there's still extra work involved in the second one.
    not to mention that some fabrics react very poorly to cutting and then it's just a nightmare. if I'm just sewing something on, there's less worry involved about fabric type.

• Informative x 1
  18. chaoticArbiter

.....as an aside, never cut fluffy fabrics unless you are prepared to actually breathe fluff. and also, I don't quite remember if it was silk or satin, but one of those was ALSO a nightmare to cut. NEVER AGAIN.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
  19. Regular nail polish versus nail gel pros and cons, please?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice