Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

pros of gel:

• lasts a LOT longer
    • doesnt really chip
    • looks really cute
    cons of gel:
    • has a special annoying drying process involving a uv light
    • really hard to take off, involves soaking your nails in acetone which is terrible for your nails
    • can get expensive
    pros of regular:
    • cheaper
    • easier to remove
    • comes in a lot of varieties
    cons of regular
    • comes off really easy, even if you seal it properly, unless you never do anything ever
    • the dirt cheap ones often look bad/not as advertised and often collect air bubbles
    • may not have to soak your nails, but more frequent removal = more acetone on your nails

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oh yeah and if you dont do the drying process right the gel peels off almost immediately

• Informative x 1
  3. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

So, anyone have advice on figuring out a style if you've never thought of it/ever purchased for clothes in any specific style other than tee shirt and jeans.

4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Thing one: hat clothes do oyu like on other people? Think of those and consider wearing them yourself. Discard any you don´t think you would like, though you can always give them a chance.
    Thing two: trying clothes on in stores is free. Grab stuff you have previously determined you might like and try it on, see what you think of it on you. Also do this which anything that looks cool or fun or ointeresting, proceed from there.

Also worth doing might be looking what styles stuff you like on others is in, and looking up those styles for stuff you might like.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

6. Azzy

Azzy 200% GUNK

I was wondering if anyone of you fashionable peeps can help me, since the googles have let me down as well as every specific store, either physical or website I've gone to.

Anyone know where I can get some basic short or cap-sleeve skater dresses that aren't made out of either super thin stretchy material or that neoprene sort of fabric I see all the time. Everything seems to be trying to make a statement, be sleeveless, or be off the shoulder, while I'm looking specifically for basics, something I can mix and match in my everyday casual clothes, that covers my shoulders.

edit: something like
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

ahhh that one's difficult I've got a similar problem. If you're sorta okay at sewing I can give you tips on how to attach a skater-dress-like skirt to a nicely fitting t-shirt but I have basically no idea where to get one of those dresses in Not Those Fabrics sadly. I have no idea why they even are apparently all in those fabrics.

• Informative x 1
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

So, uh, either due to time/genetics/aging or medication or possibly a combination of the two, my once-straight hair has turned fairly wavy/curly. Naturally I have no idea what to do with it now.

I usually have a pretty short pixie-type cut, kind of like this:
    [​IMG]

It's grown out a bit because it's been like a month+ since I last got it cut, but yeah. Mostly my hair just looks really dumb right now because the top part just wants to poof up and all of it just wants to curl weirdly in on itself.

Does anyone have any tips for short hair + curl/wave? or how to manage curly/wavy hair in general? Maybe ways to make it less susceptible to things like humidity? I'm super out of my depth here.

• Witnessed x 1
  9. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

@Saro I'm going through the same thing rn with the straight-to-curly hair stuff, and my hair has always been thick and messy but curly adds an extra dimension of wtf to my bedhead. I've tried a few things.

• Salt spray - adds volume, does not straighten, increases likelihood of tangle
    • Styling powder - good for creating a Mohawk, otherwise NO
    • Flexible hold hairspray - did nothing
    • Extra hold hairspray - made curls go crispy, otherwise nothing
    • Wave creating heat spray - made the Mop look like it had been razor cut and volume blow dried Farrah Fawcett style. Still 100% uncontrollable.
    • Shaping wax - 50's greaser
    • Texturising gum - Shounen anime protagonist
    I have a feeling that a cream or shine spray might work better at actually loosening and taming wayward curls, but for now I'm making good use of bandanas.

My hair has also got super prominent white streaks forming at the forelock which is doubly messing with my sense of self. Hair, why.

• Informative x 1
  10. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

*whispers* that sounds like you could make it look real fucking cool tho. Be the urban fantasy protagonist you were meant to be i believe in u

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  11. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I just got my hair done!!
    20170902_190336.jpg

It's not 100% how I wanted because the front is a bit too long, but it was a battle to even make the stylist accept I actually for serious realz wanted to cut my hair, and I am just LOVING the way the ombre turned out

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 3
  12. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

refound my fav red lipstick
    look at my face
    Photo on 9-27-17 at 11.25 AM.jpg

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. Hello, can I get some recommendations for feminine/ambiguous, short to kinda-short hairstyles? I need a haircut soon and I'm not sure what I wanna do with it. It's either spice it up or go back to styling with pomade again.

14. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I finally attained trainer nirvana

IMG_1131.JPG

(When I was 16, I was forbidden from spending my saved cash on a pair of silver holo snakeskin shoes at a fashion show and I have been looking for a similar pair ever since and now I'm going to wear them everywhere and basically be obnoxious about it the whole time)

• Winner x 5
  15. emythos

holy shit those are beautiful

• Agree x 1
  16. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

[​IMG]
    IMG_20171027_112116~2.jpg

• Winner x 7
  17. emythos

guys i'm wearing foundation!!!!
    and blush, and lipgloss
    and the remains of last night's eyeliner...
    Photo on 11-30-17 at 11.33 AM.jpg
    blush is geek chic cosmetics in orion, lip gloss is nyx butter gloss in raspberry tart, eyeliner is a random nyx brown that i grabbed when it was on sale, foundation is fenty beauty in shade 110 cause i am pale af

• Winner x 8
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I hope it´s not weird but I am jelly o your effortless fancy enby-ness.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  19. emythos

oh my god you are so sweet <3 <3 <3
    thank you
    (the only thing effortless here was the hair XD i nearly burned the pancakes i was making trying to get my foundation right)

• Like x 1
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Witnessed tho, foundation is evil.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice