Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Shaved head and then a wig for days when you want Hair? It's something I'm sort of considering also.

• Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. mrozna

mrozna bloodthirsty hussar fuck

*sudden realization* ...Holy shit I could have colorful hair without destroying mine with bleach.

• Agree x 1
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

YEah i definitely recommend wigs for instant changes and such! if you're into diy-ing and such like there's also the possibility to like wear seriously oversized jackets or button up shirts/flannels as offshoulder dresses belted about the waist, with like a band t shirt underneath and skinny/ripped jeans? Idk how into punk and j-punk you are in general. basically all clothes end up sort of dresses if you just buy them big enough and wear them weirdly
    There's also flowy-ish skirt cuts than can read as masc/androgynous if you're into a sort of fantasy-y aesthetic. Skirts with two big slashes for walking in them above either leg, especially if the slashes are embellished in such a way that they look sturdy/enforced/like they could lace back up will probably work, as do skirts that are more a sort of half-skirt situation that covers the back/one side

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. IvyLB

Basically if it looks like a Final Fantasy Main Dude could wear it it'll probably be fine :P

• Agree x 1
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I highly recommend skirt+men's buttondown shirt, it's a look I'm very fond of

• Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  6. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

When I was a smaller Kit I'd dress up my femme swish-skirt outfits with chunky boots and an oversized green-khaki jacket. I kept my hair chin length, which hit "vaguely androgynous" enough for my purposes. Idk if that look would work for me right now... At this point in my life I get the flexible hairstyle Itch scratched by having an undercut that disappears when I wear my hair down, and am working on mermaid-long hair on the top half of my skull.

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  7. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Also, today's look - rainy-day sweetness with only a bit of effort towards my appearance to add momentum to the "have energy for creativity" vibes

IMG_20190425_184828180.jpg

• Blue maybelline snapscara
    • "soft rose" kleancolor lipstick
    • "flexitarian" colourpop super shock cheek highlighter
    • Blue floral t-shirt dress
    • Black cotton/bamboo cardigan (way smarter for dyeing than the cream one, past self)
    • BPAL "Dwarf" perfume, which @Anomal(eee) is enchanting to give off vibes of vigor, industriousness, and kinship

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. mrozna

Oh yeah, skirts&chunky boots&military style jacket is absolutely a LOOK and I DIG IT
    (That floral t-shirt dress is so. dang. lovely)

• Like x 3
  9. mrozna

BTW I brought a load of nicer clothes to my new place and I'm so excited to Do Fashion!!! I got a comfy maxi blue skirt (WITH POCKETS) and some floral dresses but I gotta wait for my just ordered thigh bands to come because chafing is a pain
    Also I've been thinking about buying a lipstick the same color as my eyelids because they naturally look like they're covered in golden-brownish glossy eyeshadow (and having "nude" lips would probably help with the androgynous look I suppose? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). As seen here:
    IMG_20190105_150048.jpg
    Anyone got any suggestions for the color/lipstick to look for (preferably available in Poland)?

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  10. Nightthing

Nightthing adulting af right now

Whaaaat. I've been trying to get that exact color/shade on my own lids for several years now. I'm actually kinda jealous.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. mrozna

It's actually a problem for a lot of people because having lids like these makes you look kinda tired but I'm like hey, free eyeshadow lmao. And my aesthetic is already "something that crawled out from a hole in a swamp" so it fits perfectly :D
    I think a light brown "nude" shadow + a bit of a glossy gold-ish lip balm would mimic that look pretty well? I can't into makeup but I'm curious if that would work.

• Winner x 2
  12. IvyLB

I'd be careful with eyeshadow, not all are lipsafe?
    it depends if you want a glossy/satiny/matte finish. Matte finish is easiest, there's a TON of matte nude liquid lipsticks out there, gloss and satin finish is something i don't fuck with a lot bc I prefer a flat matte look. Depending on how the undertone works out on your skin, Jeffree Star's velour liquid lipsticks in "Can't Relate", "Mannequin" or "Celebrity Skin" might work? Can't Relate has the most apricot-y warm undertones of the three

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. mrozna

Oh yeah, absolutely! It does sound a bit unclear but I've been talking about how to mimic the look of my lids :D As for lipstick I love the matte look as well! "Mannequin" is the closest to the color I need, I think, but the other two look lovely as well.

• Like x 2
  14. IvyLB

Glad I could help! <3

• Like x 1
  15. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Shiro cosmetics has a wide selection of eyeshadows that can be turned into custom lipglosses at a relatively small price, and I really like their gloss formula. You can set flavor and opacity levels, so it might be a good option

• Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  16. Any of you gals, guys or pals have experience with Besame cosmetics? I found their website yesterday while I was looking up retro style and makeup info, and it looks so classy but it’s also kind of expensive compared to products I’ve used before.

https://besamecosmetics.com/

• Like x 1
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

i know nothing about them but damn their website is making me wish i wore makeup

• Agree x 2
  18. Time for Pomade Discussion!

So, as you guys have probably noticed from my posts in the selfie thread, I often style and slick back my hair. To do that, I've been using various pomades, and am now starting to do some research into pomade and expanding my options. I now own, and am trying out, an old-fashioned oil based pomade.

Pomade comes in two main types- oil based, which is the older and formerly the only form it came in, and water based, which is newer and more modern/convenient.

Water based pomades are similar to hair gel- they go into your hair while it's still damp, you style it how you want it, and then it "sets" and solidifies, keeping your hair styled and giving it a nice shine. It washes out with (hot) water and can be restyled with some water and a comb if you need to adjust it during the day.

Oil based pomades are similar, but their different composition means they behave differently. You use it the same way, but it doesn't wash out with water. You'll have to shampoo and wash your hair multiple times, the standard being two or three, to get it out. It also doesn't solidify as much, so it can be restyled and touched up throughout the day more easily. Not being water soluble also means you don't need to redo your hair every day after you shower, so it lasts longer and is more economical.

Water based pomade, in my experience from the five different ones I've tried over the past few years, is soft and malleable like gel or, in some cases, like a pudding. Meanwhile, the new oil based pomade I'm trying has a consistency like thick grease. It's dense, sticky, and you're gonna need some soap to rinse it off your hands. I'm trying this stuff for the first time today, so we'll see how this goes and I'll post more thoughts on it later.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. Time for Pomade Discussion, part two!

After using the oil based pomade for about 26 hours, I have a few additional bits of info. First off, this stuff survived my usual bedhead. No water based pomade I've tried has looked so good crawling out of bed in the morning, so points for that. Second, even after a full day and adding a bit more pomade for restyling this morning, it's still pretty soft and malleable (which makes it surviving overnight even more surprising). It works, and it works well. I'm glad I decided to try it.

• Useful x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. So idk if anyone wanted to try besame cosmetics after I linked to it previously, but if you're still on the fence I got a referral link for 10 bucks of a first-time order of $50 or more.
    http://rwrd.io/88a56sa
    https://besamecosmetics.com

In other news, this oil based pomade is really working out for me. Gonna stick with it for a while, I think.

• Useful x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice