Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. witchknights

witchknights 27 Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

It's ok! Those things would help narrow down the choices, because it can get real expensive otherwise. I'm in the same boat as you, because I'm a pasty bitch in the tropics, my favorite foundation was discontinued and no one stocks the palest shades here.

What you can do is look at LOTS of pictures and shop at places with a good return policy, like Sephora. Foundation listings usually have pictures of models wearing each shade, so I'd look for one that looks mostly like my skintone, and then Google pictures of other people wearing it - makeup selfie subs are good for stuff like that - and once I found one I liked I would still purchase one shade lighter as well if it was available to test against oxidation, and then return the foundation that didn't match. (I would do that if I weren't in the extreme of the scale and automatically falling on the palest shade of everything.)

What you can also do is buy bb/cc creams or tinted moisturizers, which have a lower coverage and are thus more forgiving when not being an exact match; they usually only have fair/light/medium/dark as shade options exactly because of that.

• Useful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Was Eaten by a Grue

BIODEGRADABLE GLITTER!!! Oh my fucking God I am so excited over this, I don't even makeup!!! I am like bird, must have shiny and colorful!!! Sparkle sparkle

• Winner x 1
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

... I've no doubt she's the first to do eyesafe bio glitter at a makeup grade but like biodegradable glitter for bath and body stuff like soaps has been a thing at lush and multiple soap wholesale suppliers for uh. years.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Yeah, that's 100% a puff piece from Vice, and the glitter looks kinda coarse too. Eco stardust does cosmetics grade biodegradable glitters in a range of sizes, and they've been round since 2017, so....

• Informative x 3
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I KNEW i forgot someone i still need to buy stuff from eco stardust

• Like x 1
  6. Deresto

Deresto Was Eaten by a Grue

Oh! That's cool, I dont know much about makeup and stuff so I assumed, sorry. Still, it's existence in general is awesome! I just got excited cause I can't do regular glitter (or much of any makeup because of sensory sensitivities)

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice