Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

then I'd like to give you a protip! for starters don't use a mirror. especially since it's for sleeping and thus doesn't need to be super neat. mirrors make the whole thing super weird if you are even a tiny bit spatially confusable.

2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

It can be really hard to learn to do a frenchbraid on yourself. Fortunately I have found that ponytails work just as well. Those are quite easy at least

3. IvyLB

I mean I've found they really aren't kind to my hair and lead to way more breakage and slow hair growth because the way it secures the hair tightly isn't exactly gentle and it's way closer to the roots of the hair than a braid's rubber band generally sits.
    So depending on how fussy one is with one's hair ponytails might really not be an option
    (my hair already tends towards a dry sad mess if I do the bun-wave-thing too much and I don't even blowdry my hair anymore because it has decided to be prissy and delicate rn)

4. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I lie down on my bed. take my hair. and plop it over the pillow in a sort of straight line so it won't get stuck under me. some of it hangs off the bed this way but I don't mind. waking up, my hair could be anywhere but I have only rarely been bothered by it. i don't wake up and bounce out of bed, I wake up and stretch lazily, so hair pulling is rare. but it is something to get used to. i've had hair past my shoulders for ten years so I have had plenty of time to get used to it.

5. bornofthesea670

braids and tying it up are probably better ideas, oops.

Edit: i normally like sleeping with my hair loose because it can be hard for my to fall asleep if something's gong on on my head, but if my hair is damp from a shower I always braid it before sleep because waking up with awful tangles is no bueno.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  6. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Another n00b question: false eyelashes -- reusable or do you need to buy a new set every time?

• Like x 1
  7. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Reusable! Just be careful, use good remover and make sure you peel all the glue gunk off and set them on the little curvy part of the tray so they hold shape.

• Like x 2
  8. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Well, that's a relief. Also makes all the cute and cool falsie containers I've seen make sense. Thanks!

• Like x 1
  9. IvyLB

i wear mine until they literally fall apart! which is probably relatively fast considering my habit for a) buying super cheapo falsies and b) being bad about the cleaning part

• Like x 3
  10. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

MORE MAKEUP TALK oh god i have so many questions and you are all so wise

• have any of you guys heard of "baking" for the whole undereye thing? Have any of you tried it?
    • how often do you clean your makeup brushes/sponges and how do you do it?

11. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

@Ruevian I clean my eyeshadow brushes every time i use them with a spray cleaner like this, and all of them about once or twice a month with some gentle oil + gentle baby shampoo, depending on how much makeup i wear - my foundation brushes and puffs don't see much action because i usually wear bb cream/diluted foundation and i think it applies best with fingers, and most of my blushes have dedicated brushes/puffs.

• Like x 1
  12. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

I've got a similar spray cleaner from E.L.F. that was $3, it works fine afaik, but I don't wear make up regularly.

• Like x 1
  13. bornofthesea670

Just learned that OCC has their lip tars in easier applicators now and I am filled with so much want.

They have a color called technopagan that's like a blue violet and I think i makeup-gasmed.

14. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

technopagan is so pretty. i wish i actually had the guts to wear a color like that ):

15. bornofthesea670

i normally stick with peaches or mauves/roses on the rare occasion I wear color, but that color?

I would wear the hell out of that color.

I am informing my dad that i need that color for christmas. My stocking is normally a quarter full of makeup from him (and I don't use them eughh need to start wearing pretty colors)

16. bornofthesea670

Anyway, today I was all out of pants AND skirts because I need to drag myself to the laundry room, so i wore my black dress and a lacy black vest and my boots and felt very witchy and that was nice.

• Like x 5
  17. IvyLB

I do it for heavy makeup! (My Schwalbe Character had pretty much a drag queen routine makeup so her highlights were definitly baking) it allows the foundation and powder colors to mix and gives a VERY matte finish but it DOES look kind of porcelain-y so if you aren't a fan of inhumanly perfect skin it probably isn't for you. One tip I have for the under-eye area is to look up into a mirror with your head tilted a bit down, both when applying the powder and when you blend it out. That way you won't get stuff stuck in the tiny wrinkles around the eyes.
    I SHOULD PROBABLY CLEAN THEM MORE OFTEN EEEEEEEE
    I clean mine like once a month if I remember, but I do a lot with my fingers and almost always have the same blush and bronzer so those brushes are usually not cleaned because it's the same product on them.
    The only brush I clean after every use is my lip brush.

• Like x 1
  18. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Attempted pencil eyeliner for the first time in my 32 years today. Hilariously awful results. I was laughing the entire time I was looking in the mirror.

19. bornofthesea670

I wasn't laughing the first time I tried because it was a terrible, dry, hard liner that probably shouldn't have been allowed around eyes, but I'm glad your experience was better XD

• Like x 2
  20. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice