Clothes, makeup, hair, and other such things

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Pencil eyeliner is an exercise of self restraint for me. apparently i have a VERY ticklish waterline.

on the bright side, you didn't poke your eye?

• Like x 1
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

*sticks pencils in eye without even a care in the world*
    I mean I know people find it difficult but? pencil liner isn't super hard to me, never has been. idk. gel eyeliner is much more annoying for me to get neat?

• Like x 1
  3. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I would try it again once I got a decent one. Actually I may even have impulse bought one without remembering I did so. I need to dig through my make up.

4. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I totally did. Couple times. >_>

I think if I had eyelid primer it'd help? I exaggerated for the comic, but trying to get sharp lines seems impossible with all my creasing. I'm gonna pick up liquid liner when I can and see how that goes.

5. IvyLB

the key with pencil liner is warming it up on the back of your hand. That makes application easier. Just draw a few swiggles on the back of your hand before starting to draw on your eye and it gets much more opaque and less hard to apply.

• Like x 3
  6. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i have never been able to get super sharp lines with pencils - i usually blend it out with a qtip - but those felt tip liner pens are heaven sent.

• Like x 2
  7. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

!!! I'll have to try this!!

My only tip is to, well, keep the tip sharp. I tend to forget the pencil kind can be sharpened!!

8. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

Oh, and for eye stuff: I LOVE e.l.f.'s make up remover pen. Basically a make up wipe in precision pen form. Good for touch ups on uneven eyeliner or eyeshadow that got out of range. It'll take off your foundation/powder/primer, too, so be ready to dab that back on. My only problem is that the... the nib? It would fall out sometimes. Just popped it back in, though.

Some people say theirs dried out really fast, but I got many uses out of my first one, totally worth $3.

• Like x 2
  9. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

i definitely find pencil eyeliners best for smudgy or smoky looks & a felt tip liner for cat eyes sharp enough to injure someone.
    liquid eyeliner is scary and difficult and makes me sad D:

• Like x 2
  10. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Felt tip eyeliner pens are a miracle, I swear.

• Like x 3
  11. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Tried a 1 dollar pair of e.l.f. fake lashes today.

[​IMG]

So I suspect that when it comes to fake eyelashes
    • you get what you pay for
    • it's a skill that requires practice
    • you get used to wearing them over time
    • maybe don't get quite so long a pair when you wear glasses, you idjit

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    • Like x 4
  12. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Messy braids are my magical friend today. @o@
    I dont actually look half bad, considering my hair is in desperate need of washing. :P

• Like x 2
  13. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

My hair is short enough now that I can leave it alone and not wash it for a while, and it'll still look good, if a bit anime hair.

• Like x 1
  14. IvyLB

sorta tru but not always
    yes
    yes
    glasses and falsies don't mix well in general. falsies are almost ALWAYS longer than natural lashes are that's like kinda the point of them?) and for me i sometimes even hit my glasses with my natural lashes so... I usually have to choose!

Looking at your picture I have a few suspects for what went wrong tho!
    • Try bending the lashband more, just wiggle it around a bit so it's less stiff
    • more glue on the outer corners. seriously. They need the most glue
    • press down on the inner and outer corners first, then the middle. and try to hold the corners down a bit longer?
    also, but this is optional, I'd maybe either trim the lashes a bit so the lashband doesn't glue quite to the inner corner? I usually slide my falsies outwards by the width of my little finger from the inner corner, but since I have big eyes I can usually do that without having to trim the lashband

Also easy training falsies (with a slightly more natural effect) are half-lashes! Just take yourself a full false lash and cut it in half with nail scissors at the lashband, then glue the halfed lashes to the outer corner of your lashline. shorter lashband is easier to wrestle and it's less ott, too.

• Like x 1
  15. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

MORE FALSIE PRACTICE

[​IMG]

Thanks for the advice, @IvyLB ! It definitely helped. Though every time I think I've gotten as close as I can to the lashes, I need to GO CLOSER. Just get them all up on that shit.

• Like x 4
  16. IvyLB

Eeep I'm glad I could help! Falsies are like the only makeup thing I can do better than my mom (who doesn't bother with them because it's too much fuss) so I'm vaguely proud of my ability to glue stuff to my face, even though I don't use my falsies much outside of fancy and costume makeups because of afforementioned glasses collision problem :P

• Like x 2
  17. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

For a little explication: Dry skin is often itchy and uncomfortable and sometimes flakes; you probably know if you have it. Very oily skin gets greasy easily, and frequently breaks out a lot (though all kinds of skin can break out) and combination skin is dry in some areas and oily in others. I really don't recommend actual foundation for oily skin, because it plugs up your pores even if it's oil-free and the oil-free ones can be drying. BB cream is the way to go, but get an asian brand if you can, because as Choco said, most American BBs are tinted moisturiser.

I don't know how that would work for beard shadow; it might depend on the colour of the beard. I have mostly heard of orange lipstick for under-eye dark circles, and for that it works well. Dark circles under your eyes have a purple tone due to veins/capillaries near the skin and to cancel that out you smear something bright orange on top before using concealer. I have this incredibly freaky orange Lioele lip gloss that I use for that. It really helps.

Generally there are all kinds of yellow and light green products you can use to cover up various types of blemishes but for some reason orange is hard to find, so most folks use a lipstick or lipgloss. I know Benefit does an orange cream for this but it's a lot more expensive than my Lioele lip gloss that I don't actually like on my lips as much as I thought I would?

Basically, if you have something on your face that you want to hide, you use a contrasting colour on top of it and put concealer over that. Yellow is supposed to hide purple things but orange works better; green covers red things, like pimples and cuts and scabs.

• Like x 1
  18. cleverThylacine

Be careful putting things on your lips that were not intended to go there--everything that is in lipsticks and lip glosses has been approved for that use and will not harm you if you ingest it by licking your lips or getting it in your food or whatever. I was surprised when I started ordering from Shiro Cosmetics that some of their eye dusts are not lip safe and then realised that I've probably been putting stuff on my mouth that I shouldn't have, so I'm passing this on because not all cosmetic brands tell you what not to put on your mouth.

• Like x 1
  19. cleverThylacine

My stepmum was allergic to almost everything and most soaps, and she liked using Cetaphil on her face--you can get it at Walgreens so I don't think it's expensive.

Using soap (bar soap) on your face is generally not recommended especially if your skin is dry and irritated.

20. IvyLB

... okay yes that's a thing but I've literally been using everything in my makeup crate literally everywhere on my face and I've not had mouth cancer yet. And I've been using the #yolo approach for makeup for something like 10 years now. They just don't make black lipliners in my price range so I use pancil eyeliner. Mattifying lipstick with eyeshadow has been done since the respective products were invented. Unless you put leadbased eyeshadow pigments on or in your mouth you are PROBABLY safe, but then such things have no business being near your eyes either. Eyes have membranes that absorb toxic things too.
    Tbh this might be due to the fact that I live in a country which has prissy laws about what gets approved for cosmetic usage and thus they don't even print lip/eye safe on products a lot.
    I would be careful with lipsticks and lipglosses near eyes if you have tiny wrinkles, cuz the creamy texture creeps like a mofo, but lipliner can be a neat smokey eyeliner if you are careful with it and don't use it on the waterline. all pencil eyeliners can double as lipliners but wipe the tip off before putting it near your eye after because bacteria and stuff. All blushes can be eyeshadows and all eyeshadows can be blushes. Lipstick can be blush. blush can be a lipcolor.
    Free yourself from artificially mandated distinctions, the cosmetics industry just wants to sell you more stuff for more money.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice